Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Agreed. I can't see him wanting to come back to us as his game time would arguably be even more limited than it was prior to him leaving.

Correct. He isn't going to come here unless we offer him first team football and we can't. 

I’m quite excited by all the activity… I realise a lot of people don’t want too much of an overhaul or upheaval, but I’m looking forward to who we bring in with all the sales we are managing to get done.

And I think Unai is more than good enough to deal with that, and make us even better - must be what he wants after fully analysing and assessing all the options  that have been available to him. It’s time to fix the deficiencies and upgrade where we can… give him better tools to work with and we will do even better. 

Feeling positive about us having a stronger team and squad once we are done, going to be really competitive this season!!

CL teams won’t know what’s going to hit them!

UTV

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

I’m quite excited by all the activity… I realise a lot of people don’t want too much of an overhaul or upheaval, but I’m looking forward to who we bring in with all the sales we are managing to get done.

And I think Unai is more than good enough to deal with that, and make us even better - must be what he wants after fully analysing and assessing all the options  that have been available to him. It’s time to fix the deficiencies and upgrade where we can… give him better tools to work with and we will do even better. 

Feeling positive about us having a stronger team and squad once we are done, going to be really competitive this season!!

CL teams won’t know what’s going to hit them!

UTV

So, Duran leaves--we need a striker/forward, CM, CB and possibly a RB. Agree?

• Like 1

Philogene is a top talent. Better than Iling. You should buy back him now. Next year he will cost 50m.

Posted (edited)

If you sell Duran, you should watch Broja. Cheap price and he has a great potential (for me higher than Duran). 

Edited by jigen
  • Haha 3
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, jigen said:

Philogene is a top talent. Better than Iling. You should buy back him now. Next year he will cost 50m.

How do you expect me to take this seriously when you follow it up with this...

1 minute ago, jigen said:

If you sell Duran, you should watch Broja. He has a great potential (for me higher than Duran). 

???

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Cheers but I'm happy to take that risk based on some decent form in the Championship

If you sell Duran, you should watch Broja. Cheap price and he has a great potential (for me higher than Duran). 

I think Broja had a very bad injury and has never recaptured his form. I would avoid unless he was available on the cheap, even then I wouldn’t be too sure

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i think our LM, RM, SS/AM positions are massively over stacked, we have something like 9 players who can play some or all of those 3 positions (Tielemans, Barkley, McGinn, Iling-Jr, Ramsey, Buendia, Bailey, Rogers, Diaby), but only 2-3 players for 2 central midfield positions (Barrenchea, Barkley, Tielemans, and to a lesser degree McGinn).

I dont think McGinn can effectively play that MC role tbh, so i have excluded him in my head.

We are massively over stacked in the forward areas, and massively under stacked in the central midfield pairing.

We definitely need cover for Kamara. It's clear.

18 minutes ago, jigen said:

It’s not about who’s better and the issue for this is that Ramsey is the main LM, not Iling. Then you get Buendia and Dobbin if he didn’t go on loan. I don’t think it’s the right move for the player or for us (financially). You could argue that a loan would’ve been better than a sale for 5m. But the ship has sailed, let’s just hope he doesn’t score against us.

Anyway his success is good for our academy. Grealish and Ramsey (if he continue his form pre injury) are top PL players, then if you add Philogene, it will give more confidence for clubs to buy from our academy which will help raise their values even more.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

For me we shall look at a Luiz replacement but with more defensive qualities. We could start him and Tielemans in the easier games, while adding Enzo in the tougher games. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

Now while I'd welcome him back, I feel that ship has sailed. Buendia is back, and will get a full preseason, and Iling-Jr is in as well. But to be honest I rate Philogene higher than both of those two.

But it's not just those two he'd be competing with - he'd be up against Rogers and Ramsey for a spot on the left and Bailey and Diaby for a spot on the right - Philogene is an excellent footballer, but we're really well stacked in the areas he plays.

6 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Do you think they see Barrenchea as cover for Kamara? Or, does he not play the same way? I don’t really know his style of play to be fair. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Do you think they see Barrenchea as cover for Kamara? Or, does he not play the same way? I don’t really know his style of play to be fair. 

It’s very similar 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

It’s very similar 

See -- it's hard to keep all these kids straight. We're loaded up. It's great. Nice problem to have. When not if the injuries occur, we need to have options, too.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â