Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Just now, Jas10 said:

Are you familiar with the ExWHUEmployee account? Worth taking seriously?

Some Villa fan accounts have quoted and discussed it.

And apparently, Chelsea’s interest has “receded”.

Can’t be arsed to post as people are sensitive about tweets/accounts that aren’t seen as clearly legit and with enough followers. Rather not deal with the crying and moaning.

Very legit. Romano quotes him

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Are you familiar with the ExWHUEmployee account? Worth taking seriously?

Some Villa fan accounts have quoted and discussed it.

And apparently, Chelsea’s interest has “receded”.

Can’t be arsed to post as people are sensitive about tweets/accounts that aren’t seen as clearly legit and with enough followers. Rather not deal with the crying and moaning.

Yes, he’s legit. He gets quoted as a source by Lord Fab.

Sounds like negotiations are going to start soon, according to that account.

Would be good if Chelsea compete and we see the price raised…

Just now, Jas10 said:

Sounds like negotiations are going to start soon, according to that account.

Would be good if Chelsea compete and we see the price raised…

Itshappening.gif?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BOF said:

Easily yes, he was on our books from January 2018 to September 2023.

I don’t think it’s that easily because of the time spent out on loan, but admittedly I’m not certain on the rules.

It would almost be worth bringing him back for our CL squad, albeit rather unfair on the player so I’m happy we’ll respect his wishes and hopefully get a sell-on fee.

Edited by fightoffyour

33 minutes ago, RichW said:

Ornstein just tweeted Ipswich have agreed £18 million deal for him and looks set to pick them over Everton. Says Villa have matching clause up till tomorrow but respecting his wish.

When I saw him in preseason last year, he was ready. We probably would have been better off with him rather than Zaniolo. He is a Premier league quality player. I'd welcome him back. 

I was hoping he would start against Newcastle in the first game of last season. He should've been given a chance to prove himself in those 3 or 4 games before the transfer window shut.

Now while I'd welcome him back, I feel that ship has sailed. Buendia is back, and will get a full preseason, and Iling-Jr is in as well. But to be honest I rate Philogene higher than both of those two.

53 minutes ago, striker said:

If he doesn’t go to Everton then Villa should buy him back. Very impressed with him last pre-season.

he left Villa to play football , which he achieved at Hull , unlikely he would now want to come back and sit on the bench 

we sold him an effectively replaced him with similar money for Rogers who was £8m up front .. all about opinions but for me Rogers is the better player currently and has a higher ceiling  

Ipswich would be a good fit for him , he can star in a below average PL team 

Posted (edited)

Hope we can push for more 💰

Come on Chelsea, get in there!

Let’s get some tasty clauses and appearance fees in there!

Edited by Jas10

40 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I don’t think it’s that easily because of the time spent out on loan, but admittedly I’m not certain on the rules.

It would almost be worth bringing him back for our CL squad, albeit rather unfair on the player so I’m happy we’ll respect his wishes and hopefully get a sell-on fee.

It explicitly says on the books, so that's how I interpreted it, plus he was on our books 3 years before he ever went out on loan.

• Thanks 1

Wonder if we’re done with swap deals now… just paying the fees for the “big signings” we really want, after another sale or two. Shifting Duran should accelerate our activity.

Not surprising if all we have to offer are Dendoncker and Chambers.

Unless someone wants a proper first team player such as Cash, Digne, Moreno, Carlos…

Probably not too interested in many players from clubs who might consider such a trade.

If we sell Duran we will have made appropriately £115m this summer. That would give us 460m to spend on incomings, assuming they are in 4 year contracts, and would probably cover our transfer budget for this and the next 3 windows. I reckon we probably have about 80m-90m left for this summer (based on 150m budget) so plenty of room to work with. That said, we need it given the amount of players VT are suggesting this year!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â