Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

22 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Do we get much from this? A sell on percentage?

Can match the offer if we wish, don’t think we will.

Has been reported that there were “several clauses” in his contract with Hull.

Would Philogene be classed as a club trained player for us, if we brought him back?

7 minutes ago, burchy said:

Would Philogene be classed as a club trained player for us, if we brought him back?

Quite sure he would, yes.

8 minutes ago, burchy said:

Easily yes, he was on our books from January 2018 to September 2023.

• Sad 1

For a relatively small fee I’d be looking to match that then as Ramsey, Sinisalo, Kelsey-Hayden and Philogene would make our 4 club trained players so could field a full CL squad of 25  

6 minutes ago, burchy said:

For a relatively small fee I’d be looking to match that then as Ramsey, Sinisalo, Kelsey-Hayden and Philogene would make our 4 club trained players so could field a full CL squad of 25  

Why would JPB agree to come back when we couldn’t give him what he wanted last time and thus he asked to leave whereas he would get loads of game time at Everton.

11 hours ago, Indigo said:

Was a good prospect but safe to say he doesn't seem the kind of character you'd want around...

image.thumb.png.17822e051f205ba7bddf8fe1d94d6e4d.png

Listen listen listen, let he who has not been kicked out of a prestigious French football academy for pressuring secondary school students to masturbate in front of him in the bathrooms, cast the first stone.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, burchy said:

Little snippet.

Aston Villa have matching rights for Philogene, who they sold to Hull last year, until Wednesday and are ready to activate their clause. But Villa acknowledge that it will be the player’s decision.

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5

13 minutes ago, burchy said:

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why would JPB agree to come back when we couldn’t give him what he wanted last time and thus he asked to leave whereas he would get loads of game time at Everton.

Ornstein just tweeted Ipswich have agreed £18 million deal for him and looks set to pick them over Everton. Says Villa have matching clause up till tomorrow but respecting his wish.

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Little snippet.

If he doesn’t go to Everton then Villa should buy him back. Very impressed with him last pre-season.

After seeing the drama his agent is currently undertaking, I don't want him or JP at Villa. I'd rather have the sell-on. You'd think/hope it would be a 20% job. 

£5m sale and £3m sell-on would be a good earner from that deal

Just now, PeterSw said:

After seeing the drama his agent is currently undertaking, I don't want him or JP at Villa. I'd rather have the sell-on. You'd think/hope it would be a 20% job. 

£5m sale and £3m sell-on would be a good earner from that deal

Just so you know, 90% of football agents are idiots--that viewpoint significantly reduces the amount of players we could therefore sign. 

• Haha 1

The disappointment with Philogene is that is was so obvious last summer he was ready to step up, we sold Archer and Ramsey for a combined £30m and they both looked way off it in comparison, Philogene looked like a first team player and we flogged him on the cheap, £5m for a player who is worth £18m 10 months later, who will probably be worth £30-40m immediately if he performs well in the Prem this season. An absolute stinker from the club on this one.

• Like 3

Let's be honest, Everton or Palace would be a much better move for JPB than us for where he is currently in his career. 

Just now, Isa said:

Let's be honest, Everton or Palace would be a much better move for JPB than us for where he is currently in his career. 

Agreed. I can't see him wanting to come back to us as his game time would arguably be even more limited than it was prior to him leaving.

2 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

The disappointment with Philogene is that is was so obvious last summer he was ready to step up, we sold Archer and Ramsey for a combined £30m and they both looked way off it in comparison, Philogene looked like a first team player and we flogged him on the cheap, £5m for a player who is worth £18m 10 months later, who will probably be worth £30-40m immediately if he performs well in the Prem this season. An absolute stinker from the club on this one.

If we have a sell on, I’m ok with it. If we don’t, I’m inclined to agree with you.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

I think in all likelihood he  will just be playing championship again in 2 seasons.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

More noise on Duran to West Ham. If they actually place a bid, I wonder if Chelsea get involved?

Bidding war would be lovely.

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Show me the noise!

Chatter/speculation more than proper links or sources…

Show me the money!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Show me the noise!

Are you familiar with the ExWHUEmployee account? Worth taking seriously?

Some Villa fan accounts have quoted and discussed it.

And apparently, Chelsea’s interest has “receded”.

Can’t be arsed to post as people are sensitive about tweets/accounts that aren’t seen as clearly legit and with enough followers. Rather not deal with the crying and moaning.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â