Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

5 minutes ago, RicRic said:

After careful consideration i’ll give a pass on João Felix, he is not consistent enough and doesn’t work hard enough, he shows moments of magic on the ball but we are looking for players that offer much more, for me to say that means i really have weighed it up because im a huge fan of Felix. Id prefer Alex Baena or Xavi Simmons, preferably the latter he would take us to new heights

Hope you change your mind if we actually sign him…

never doubt Unai…

spacer.png

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Hope you change your mind if we actually sign him…

never doubt Unai…

spacer.png

I think in a dream world we would love to sign him but in reality there are probably too many red flags 🚩 so we should steer clear and look for a target that has the attributes to elevate us. Emery may well look past all that and take the risk but i dont see that happening 

Edited by RicRic

41 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Plenty of useful players could be becoming available from France soon.

The first branch of the rotten European football tree is about to die. Ligue 1 is in trouble due to no tv deal. Really grim stuff.

Could be some cheap deals, or even free signings depending on what happens. All these would be worth a look if we can move some on.

ST - Elye Wahi

26 minutes ago, OhioVilla said:

Wahi would be a fantastic option to learn under Watkins. Extremely pacey.

Was a good prospect but safe to say he doesn't seem the kind of character you'd want around...

image.thumb.png.17822e051f205ba7bddf8fe1d94d6e4d.png

• Like 1
  • Shocked 3

13 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Was a good prospect but safe to say he doesn't seem the kind of character you'd want around...

confused-awkward.gif

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I think in a dream world we would love to sign him but in reality there are probably too many red flags 🚩 so we should steer clear and look for a target that has the attributes to elevate us. Emery may well look past all that and take the risk but i dont see that happening 

I understand the doubts or questions… but they should disappear if we actually bid for the player (and not be part of an enforced sale or swap deal) - meaning that it is a target that Unai has identified, approved of or specifically requested from the recruitment team.

When Unai calls a player “special”, I think that should give us a lot of faith alongside all of the amazing work he has done at our club. Has he made a poor signing yet?

I mean, it’s not a risk to us - we aren’t affected in any real way. It could only be a risk for Unai and the club and their resources/finances, if they want to commit to such an investment then it should allay our fears even further! Bloody well know better than us rabble! 

Another thing is, there’s been so much talk of Unai turning players careers around, polishing potential diamonds, reviving and elevating players…

can you think of many better and worthwhile (imagine the “return on investment” should he succeed) options than applicable/relevant names like Chiesa and Felix should we have a genuine interest?

Not me… the “premium end” of opportunistic deals many have discussed previously too.

Edited by Jas10

Posted (edited)

We should try for the following players imo they should tick the boxes to take us to new heights i reckon 🤝

RB - Michael Kayode 

CM - Koopmeiners/ Fermin Lopez 

AM/LW - Xavi Simmons / Dani Olmo / Bradley Barcola 

CB(Possible Loan) 

CF - Elye Wahi (If unable to get Barcola hybrid type) 

Edited by RicRic

52 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I understand the doubts or questions… but they should disappear if we actually bid for the player (and not be part of an enforced sale or swap deal) - meaning that it is a target that Unai has identified, approved of or specifically requested from the recruitment team.

When Unai calls a player “special”, I think that should give us a lot of faith alongside all of the amazing work he has done at our club. Has he made a poor signing yet?

I mean, it’s not a risk to us - we aren’t affected in any real way. It could only be a risk for Unai and the club and their resources/finances, if they want to commit to such an investment then it should allay our fears even further! Bloody well know better than us rabble! 

Another thing is, there’s been so much talk of Unai turning players careers around, polishing potential diamonds, reviving and elevating players…

can you think of many better and worthwhile (imagine the “return on investment” should he succeed) options than applicable/relevant names like Chiesa and Felix should we have a genuine interest?

Not me… the “premium end” of opportunistic deals many have discussed previously too.

Can i think of better players we could get right now that are in the realistic bubble, absolutely i’ve mentioned them in my last post.

Do i think Emery has made permanent signings that have failed no, but loan signings have been questionable but will disregard that.

Yes Jas think most of this forum would regard Felix as a special player but that doesn’t mean everything as we know, @TRO and a few others have explained the downsides to this player, now anything over £35m is a huge risk, Atletico well overpaid based on the potential he had which of course didn’t materialise.

His inconsistencies and lack of desire remain a heavy concern, we are best moving to other options, also Chiesa has declined and looked out of place in Serie A, again there are better options available

40 minutes ago, RicRic said:

We should try for the following players imo they should tick the boxes to take us to new heights i reckon 🤝

RB - Michael Kayode 

CM - Koopmeiners/ Fermin Lopez 

AM/LW - Xavi Simmons / Dani Olmo / Bradley Barcola 

CB(Possible Loan) 

CF - Elye Wahi (If unable to get Barcola hybrid type) 

being quite honest here, i think Kayode is the only realistic player out of all you mentioned. (Maybe Lopez if Barca need to sell)

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

After careful consideration i’ll give a pass on João Felix, he is not consistent enough and doesn’t work hard enough, he shows moments of magic on the ball but we are looking for players that offer much more, for me to say that means i really have weighed it up because im a huge fan of Felix. Id prefer Alex Baena or Xavi Simmons, preferably the latter he would take us to new heights

In fairness, alot of people were saying the same about the likes.of.Leon before Unai got.his.message through.

Sometimes, talent just needs the right coach, circumstances and " home "

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

being quite honest here, i think Kayode is the only realistic player out of all you mentioned. (Maybe Lopez if Barca need to sell)

I think we could stick the boat out and obtain any of those players, Olmo is the only player who may look past us, Wahi is definitely realistic too as well as Barcola

Edited by RicRic

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In fairness, alot of people were saying the same about the likes.of.Leon before Unai got.his.message through.

Sometimes, talent just needs the right coach, circumstances and " home "

We could see Leon had the attitude and work rate we could see he was trying, it was down to his decision making, Felix looks like a player that doesn’t want it enough at times and thats the difference.

Edited by RicRic
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, OhioVilla said:

Wahi would be a fantastic option to learn under Watkins. Extremely pacey.

Seems a proper scumbag. Rather stay away regardless of talent

6 hours ago, Indigo said:

I am quite laissez faire when it comes to moral expectations of our players. I could probably tolerate the first controversy - as scummy as it is - but the second controversy is a bit too wtf. 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Plenty of useful players could be becoming available from France soon.

The first branch of the rotten European football tree is about to die. Ligue 1 is in trouble due to no tv deal. Really grim stuff.

Could be some cheap deals, or even free signings depending on what happens. All these would be worth a look if we can move some on.

GK - Alban Lafont

LB - Bradley Locko

CBs - Kevin Danso, Arouna Sangante, Becir Omeragic

CM - Joris Chotard

ST - Elye Wahi

Andy Diouf from Lens is supposed to be a prospect at CM too

• Like 1

I doubt we will go for an out-and-out #9 this summer. Most likely our biggest signing will be a specific type of forward who can play across the attacking positions so they can play both when Watkins starts and fill in for him when he is out/rested. 

It is an issue Spurs had when Kane was at the club and why the best they could do for back up was Llorente. As nobody else half decent wanted to go knowing how few minutes they would get unless Kane got a big injury. 

• Like 1

Do we get much from this? A sell on percentage?

Can match the offer if we wish, don’t think we will.

Has been reported that there were “several clauses” in his contract with Hull.