Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

14 minutes ago, Adman said:

Also cover at CB until Mings is back to full fitness?  Although I'm not sure how good he is at CB as never seen hime there

Supposedly decent in a 3,  though haven't really seen him at CB. He's a funny one in that he clearly  has masses of experience both at PL and international level, and has been half decent at times for us, but clearly way too expensive  as a squad option and never going to be a regular first team starter. 

Posted (edited)

Have you seen our squad list lately? Jesus. We are locked and ****ing loaded. It's almost OP. I'd be very afraid of us. How did this happen? Picture absolutely says it all.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Have you seen our squad list lately? Jesus. We are locked and ****ing loaded. It's almost OP. I'd be very afraid of us. How did this happen? Picture absolutely says it all.

With rumours and links, plus the ones coming back to fitness as well, at one point I was wondering if it was overkill lol.

Then again, we need not forget how we crumbled with a few injuries/suspensions etc last season, and Champions League is a BIG step up too.

Unai and club have also made it clear we don't want to just be one season wonders.

It's a better problem to have than threadbare. Might need more in the middle and right though.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

With rumours and links, plus the ones coming back to fitness as well, at one point I was wondering if it was overkill lol.

Then again, we need not forget how we crumbled with a few injuries/suspensions etc last season, and Champions League is a BIG step up too.

Unai and club have also made it clear we don't want to just be one season wonders.

It's a better problem to have than threadbare. Might need more in the middle and right though.

I wonder if Mattie will stay and if Buendia will surpass his former self?

4 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I’d like a defender and central midfielder please.

You mean to fill up the current Kamara-Luiz-sized holes? We won't be able to wait for Kamara to come back, that's for sure.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611ybiaxddxpicirz50q9

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

i think our LM, RM, SS/AM positions are massively over stacked, we have something like 9 players who can play some or all of those 3 positions (Tielemans, Barkley, McGinn, Iling-Jr, Ramsey, Buendia, Bailey, Rogers, Diaby), but only 2-3 players for 2 central midfield positions (Barrenchea, Barkley, Tielemans, and to a lesser degree McGinn).

I dont think McGinn can effectively play that MC role tbh, so i have excluded him in my head.

We are massively over stacked in the forward areas, and massively under stacked in the central midfield pairing.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i think our LM, RM, SS/AM positions are massively over stacked, we have something like 9 players who can play some or all of those 3 positions (Tielemans, Barkley, McGinn, Iling-Jr, Ramsey, Buendia, Bailey, Rogers, Diaby), but only 2-3 players for 2 central midfield positions (Barrenchea, Barkley, Tielemans, and to a lesser degree McGinn).

I dont think McGinn can effectively play that MC role tbh, so i have excluded him in my head.

We are massively over stacked in the forward areas, and massively under stacked in the central midfield pairing.

Correct

Plenty of useful players could be becoming available from France soon.

The first branch of the rotten European football tree is about to die. Ligue 1 is in trouble due to no tv deal. Really grim stuff.

Could be some cheap deals, or even free signings depending on what happens. All these would be worth a look if we can move some on.

GK - Alban Lafont

LB - Bradley Locko

CBs - Kevin Danso, Arouna Sangante, Becir Omeragic

CM - Joris Chotard

ST - Elye Wahi

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Plenty of useful players could be becoming available from France soon.

The first branch of the rotten European football tree is about to die. Ligue 1 is in trouble due to no tv deal. Really grim stuff.

Could be some cheap deals, or even free signings depending on what happens. All these would be worth a look if we can move some on.

GK - Alban Lafont

LB - Bradley Locko

CBs - Kevin Danso, Arouna Sangante, Becir Omeragic

CM - Joris Chotard

ST - Elye Wahi

Wahi would be a fantastic option to learn under Watkins. Extremely pacey.

• Like 1

After careful consideration i’ll give a pass on João Felix, he is not consistent enough and doesn’t work hard enough, he shows moments of magic on the ball but we are looking for players that offer much more, for me to say that means i really have weighed it up because im a huge fan of Felix. Id prefer Alex Baena or Xavi Simmons, preferably the latter he would take us to new heights

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â