Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Sticking my neck out here. Dendoncker isn't a bad player.
Obviously I wish he wasn't on a massive contract and if he's not going to play at all its best he's gone. But I've never thought of him as useless at all.

He started the demolition of Newcastle at home. Very much part of that performance.

What he can't really do is play in a slow build-up, receiving the ball facing our goal. Kills him every time.

I don't think he'd be awful in a back 3 at all. I don't think he'd be any worse than he usually is in a back 4 in domestic cups.

He's not much good, but he's here and we probably can't sell him.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

lets not forget that Donk was a Lange signing.

I saw an interview with Gerrard where he said it was a last minute thing that lange put forward.

I dont like Gerrard, but lets be fair when it clearly wasnt a Gerrard signing.

spacer.png

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

You can't sell if you don't have a buyer and this is all our own fault.

True but we can come to a release agreement with them other than Dendonker they have a year left on their deals, pay up a good chunk of their wages and they may accept it.

On 04/07/2024 at 20:42, RicRic said:

Even though it was opposite views I actually agreed with both of you maybe because you presented ur points so well, TRO gave the stats etc which from what he seen makes a great point, Im with you JAS10 That he is one hell of a player but just not maybe the workhorse we need and abit on the luxury side.

But as talent goes he is up there with the very best now if im doubting bringing Felix to VP then it shows ive weighed up so many factors, I wouldn’t however be against it if we were to lure him here but both of you make excellent points… is it worth the risk?? @Jas10 @TRO

It's worth the risk, if Unai thinks it's worth the risk....only he will know, what he thinks he can get from him.

I have given my view.

Maybe a Loan, but reports are suggesting Athletico want £50 mill for him.... make you own mind up, but if Unai could get a fully functioning, constantly threatening, Joao, of course it would be worth it.

We have seen first hand from watching Phil Foden, that Talent only goes so far, application, and effective work, features very highly too.

Check out all the best players around, all the highly talented ones..............they all work their socks off.

1 minute ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Dendoncker AND Bednarek - what a deadline day swoop that was!

Bednarek. Can actually understand as it was a loan as we’d just lost Diego, and at short notice to get someone else. I never understood the Donk signing 

On 05/07/2024 at 06:58, Shaun Teales Moustache said:

I assume people are only turning their nose up at Felix because he turned us down for Chelsea when they had Champions League football and he said that was what he wanted, and at the time, we were just climbing out of the relegation zone that Gerrard had put us in. Same as people holding a grudge against Grealish or dunking on Douglas Luiz now. All I see with those posts is pettiness. 

Felix is a top class player and much better suited to the central role than Diaby is. If his wages were doable, he'd be a great signing, but probably only makes sense if the Diaby to Saudi Arabia thing was a realistic possibility. Considering Diaby chose us over much more money, it's probably not a possibility, but maybe he didn't really enjoy the season as he struggled for a lot of it, despite still being fairly productive. 

I think there's much more to come from Diaby, but if it was a choice between Diaby or Felix + whatever stupid amount of money a Saudi team would pay for him, it's a no brainer. Quality player, his stats still stand up despite some less than ideal situations, and I don't think that falling out with Diego Simeone is something that should be held against anyone. The guy could start an argument in an empty room. Some players don't respond to that type of management, and that's not what Emery is like in the slightest. 

Personally, I have nothing against him.....just judging him on what I have seen, both now and for Chelsea.

For a number of reasons, I don't feel this one has got legs. However if Unai sees something he thinks he can work with, so be it.

I don't think anyone can doubt his ability....but there has been many players with ability, who just couldn't harness it, in to effectiveness and  becoming a consistently good operator, and fulfill the promise.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

It's worth the risk, if Unai thinks it's worth the risk....only he will know, what he thinks he can get from him.

I have given my view.

Maybe a Loan, but reports are suggesting Athletico want £50 mill for him.... make you own mind up, but if Unai could get a fully functioning, constantly threatening, Joao, of course it would be worth it.

We have seen first hand from watching Phil Foden, that Talent only goes so far, application, and effective work, features very highly too.

Check out all the best players around, all the highly talented ones..............they all work their socks off.

I wouldn't drop 50 on him, a loan with an option to buy for 50........ alright

29 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have given my view.

I think they'd loan to anyone else but Barca with some sort of purchase agreement tbh, they are probably wary of Barca just trying to get him on loan over and over again

On 05/07/2024 at 09:42, Delphinho123 said:

He’d want to be here if we pay him enough and someone like Barca or Madrid don’t come in for him.

This narrative around only signing players that want to come here always makes me laugh. Players come here because we pay them what they want and they can’t get it elsewhere. Baena nor Felix grew up wanting to play for Aston Villa. 

No, but Jack Grealish did and that soon died a death.....Yes, the yenom every time.

10 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

I think they'd loan to anyone else but Barca with some sort of purchase agreement tbh, they are probably wary of Barca just trying to get him on loan over and over again

because clubs are wary of the value for money, aspect......If it was such a certainty, there would be a stampede for him.

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Bednarek. Can actually understand as it was a loan as we’d just lost Diego, and at short notice to get someone else. I never understood the Donk signing 

In particular, I could not understand why Slippy used to put him on when we needed a goal!

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

He started the demolition of Newcastle at home. Very much part of that performance.

What he can't really do is play in a slow build-up, receiving the ball facing our goal. Kills him every time.

I don't think he'd be awful in a back 3 at all. I don't think he'd be any worse than he usually is in a back 4 in domestic cups.

He's not much good, but he's here and we probably can't sell him.

Any chance we'd  keep him around the squad until January you think? As you say, he doesn't suit the way we want to play, so we would have to adapt, but until Kamara is back, we are a bit light 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

In particular, I could not understand why Slippy used to put him on when we needed a goal!

Slippy’s team talks:

spacer.png

Because no one else would look him in the eye.

9 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Any chance we'd  keep him around the squad until January you think? As you say, he doesn't suit the way we want to play, so we would have to adapt, but until Kamara is back, we are a bit light 

Also cover at CB until Mings is back to full fitness?  Although I'm not sure how good he is at CB as never seen hime there

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Not sure, depends if we think we can use/need the ~£2m someone would pay us to take him for 6 months. And that'll be including some wages, we won't get much more.

Dream would be Saudi I suppose.

If we don't need that £2m, he's a body we may as well keep.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â