Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

15 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

What would possibly be Duran's rationale for wanting to leave us for West Ham?  I can kind of understand Chelsea (although anyone with half a brain would realise that's stupid too) but West Ham, just after we've qualified for Champions League?!

London. 

He'd also probably get a decent bump in salary just from now being a somewhat Prem standard confirmed striker and might get more chances at West Ham than he will here.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It’s closer to Chelsea…

If he's a Chelsea fan, would he go to one of their rivals?  That's a special kind of stupid

20 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

What would possibly be Duran's rationale for wanting to leave us for West Ham?  I can kind of understand Chelsea (although anyone with half a brain would realise that's stupid too) but West Ham, just after we've qualified for Champions League?!

London scene, money, 90 mins. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Minutes. 

41 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

My mates a West Ham fan and just sent me this from their forum, who knows what ‘all in’ means though! 

IMG_9697.thumb.jpeg.30b6a71e0e0ec18414305abb9046cb97.jpeg

If they were willing to pay £40m for Kilman then we should be looking for £60m for Duran given his age and potential.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

If they were willing to pay £40m for Kilman then we should be looking for £60m for Duran given his age and potential.

Not exactly comparing like-for-like there. £40m for somebody who made only 3 league starts for us would represent great business. 

Don't get me wrong, I think that Duran's ceiling would still make it a good investment for West Ham too but he needs more game-time to realise that ceiling. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I'm not sure career progression is at the top of his or his agent's agenda.

Arguably, he may play more games at West Ham? Not sure.

I mean if west ham are paying 30-40m for him I presume they expect him to start like 50% of their games. He's not getting anywhere near that here.

Without rose tinted glasses on, I can definitely see why people might think moving away from Villa is a good career move for him. Sure Unai is great but being behind Watkins is terrible and I imagine starting games is more important at this stage in his career than the coaching 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Just for fun I'm opening this Pandoras box again. With the news that Grealish is gonna be a father is that gonna be enough to get him to grow up, and if he did would he be someone we should go for as City are looking to get rid?

I don't trust him but IF he got his head right he still has 4-5 years at high level left.

The thing that interests me about that news, is whether his baby will be wearing a Citeh or Villa kit, in a year or two. Tonali and Toney are already offering odds on it. :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

If he's a Chelsea fan, would he go to one of their rivals?  That's a special kind of stupid

It’s really not though. He’s not some hardcore fan. He probably knows very little in the grand scheme of things about clubs and may not even know about rivalry between the clubs. 
He believes he is ready to start games and if he thinks he’ll get that at West Ham, why wouldn’t he go 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, John said:

The thing that interests me about that news, is whether his baby will be wearing a Citeh or Villa kit, in a year or two. Tonali and Toney are already offering odds on it. :D 

🤣

Depends if the kid likes seeing his/her dad cheering in the background to some trophies being lifted or sing JG in actual game footage of him being good. The latter would only really be in a Villa shirt

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

It’s really not though. He’s not some hardcore fan. He probably knows very little in the grand scheme of things about clubs and may not even know about rivalry between the clubs. 
He believes he is ready to start games and if he thinks he’ll get that at West Ham, why wouldn’t he go 

Maybe he has a touch of the Camerons and always meant to sign for West Ham

West Ham would be a much better move for Duran than Chelsea. He’d probably be first choice within a couple of months. Would be a good deal for everyone, but best for us. 

53 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

We would be lucky to get £40m for Duran Duran. If they were willing to pay that I'd bit their hand off. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

They've needed an Antonio replacement for years. Also selling Ings to Southampton for 6m (10m loss?) so that move was a big flop for them.

Duran plays in every single game at West Ham as it stands, probably starts them all so he'd take that rather than another six months of warming the bench here.

Living in London is always attractive to foreign players aswell.

Edited by VillaChris

3 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Interesting after Emery's Jet stopped off in Madrid 🤣

spacer.png

Hermoso & Félix double signing? 😆

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Felix would just be another Coutinho. Big name, Big wages and not the right player to sign at all.  

He's only 24. He's not after a paycheck on his way down after a long career. I don't get that comparison at all.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â