Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

4 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

I’d actually take Schmeichel to be fair (despite his last ‘performance’ at Villa park), but he’d want a big pay day to come back to the prem.  De Gea even more so, pretty sure his wage demands put practically everyone off and he was just too proud to drop them.

Just silly to pay anywhere near what they’d want to sit in the bench 99% of the time.

as for Adrian, he’s actually one of the few keepers who is possibly worse than Olsen.

It’s weird… would’ve thought he’d have gotten a move long ago. Has been linked to Celtic recently!

Wonder what his situation and demands are… is he hanging up his gloves?

-

Yeah, we shouldn’t be paying anyone too handsomely to be a backup but… Olsen has been on a decent contract and, we’d have to pay someone fairly well if we wanted a quality and experience option.

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I think we need to avoid 30+ year old players who would demand big wages now, time to move past that strategy. We’ve been stung so many times with declining players on long and expensive contracts too, then struggle like mad to get rid.

Doubt he would want to come in as a backup, and that the club would be interested in such a player or signing unless it was in a key area/position and made us a lot better - sounds like a move that would make more sense in midfield rather than defence.

LB department is stocked as is, need to move Digne on before it is too late and we are stuck with a declining player on big wages. Rumours that Moreno could be returning to Spain too.

With the amount we have spent on Maatsen, I fully expect him to be our starting and first choice LB - now and for the long term. No point bringing in a highly paid, ageing backup (we already have at least one). I think we will see Iling-Jr cover that position too, the whole left side.

Hermoso makes sense.

We should sign Guerreiro, Acuna and Leif Davis. Can't be too careful.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

I’m intrigued by Sinisalo. Obviously it was at a low level but, he really earned rave reviews and was commended for his professionalism, attitude and character.

Hope we extend his deal rather than move him on, might be worth giving him a chance in preseason and see how he looks for us…

Gauci probably needs a loan, apparently has had some difficulty settling.

Yeah, I’m just throwing names out that I’ve noticed but not overly keen on them tbh.

I’m just set on improving on Olsen, it’s important and we can’t keep conceding so many goals (we also have to address our deficiencies in defence but, the way the team and sometimes he (even when he performs relatively well) fall apart is alarming).

Sinisalo plus there was a Polish lad unless they're the same person. Marshall looked a bit rabbit in the headlights whenever I saw him so could do with a full season loan

5 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Sinisalo plus there was a Polish lad unless they're the same person. Marshall looked a bit rabbit in the headlights whenever I saw him so could do with a full season loan

Zych? Yep, also a promising keeper.

Marschall will probably be sold, don’t think he’s done all that well.

There’s a lot of interest in Sinisalo, quite a few clubs lining up to sign him. Prefer that he got a chance to show us what he can do, extend his deal.

• Like 1

Just for fun I'm opening this Pandoras box again. With the news that Grealish is gonna be a father is that gonna be enough to get him to grow up, and if he did would he be someone we should go for as City are looking to get rid?

I don't trust him but IF he got his head right he still has 4-5 years at high level left.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Just for fun I'm opening this Pandoras box again. With the news that Grealish is gonna be a father is that gonna be enough to get him to grow up, and if he did would he be someone we should go for as City are looking to get rid?

I don't trust him but IF he got his head right he still has 4-5 years at high level left.

To be perfectly honest, I don’t think we could afford his wages and if we could that would bring  problems with the rest of the squad earning less plus we get all the bandwagon and circus act that is Jack Grealish. The only way I can visibly see him coming back he when he’s 31 or 32 on Big wages and over the Hill and most certainly not with this manager

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sne said:

*closes box*

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Could loan Grealish back & city pay some of his wages but I don't see city helping a rival. Would be intresting to see a Grealish in a Emery side but I think this ship has sailed ⛵️ into the sunset.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

when he’s 31 or 32 on Big wages and over the Hill and most certainly not with this manager

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Could loan Grealish back & city pay some of his wages but I don't see city helping a rival. Would be intresting to see a Grealish in a Emery side but I think this ship has sailed ⛵️ into the sunset.

spacer.png

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

The only way I can visibly see him coming back he when he’s 31 or 32 on Big wages and over the Hill and most certainly not with this manager

Why are we going to be in the Championship when he's 32?

Posted (edited)

What would possibly be Duran's rationale for wanting to leave us for West Ham?  I can kind of understand Chelsea (although anyone with half a brain would realise that's stupid too) but West Ham, just after we've qualified for Champions League?!

Edited by Wainy316

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

What would possibly be Duran's rationale for wanting to leave us for West Ham?  I can kind of understand Chelsea (although anyone with half a brain would realise that's stupid too) but West Ham, just after we've qualified for Champions League?!

I'm not sure career progression is at the top of his or his agent's agenda.

Arguably, he may play more games at West Ham? Not sure.

• Like 1

Interesting…

We could do with another aerially dominant CB, who is also good on the ball, and preferably right footed (move Carlos on, injury prone, high wages, 2 years left, ageing).

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â