Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

56 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Felix and Hermoso👀

Bet Unai was right on WhatsApp with the manipulative Fatherly consolation and arm round shoulder as soon as Felix missed 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Great source. Need another left winger too, so it’s very legit.

Yep. He can cover the whole left side, which is exactly where we're short. Smart spot from MonsterMonch.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Great source. Need another left winger too, so it’s very legit.

Never heard of him but would prefer his compatriot Ronald tbh.

Sounds harsh but he must be a very late bloomer if he's a 24yr old south American playing in Mexico, given how much the region is scouted by all clubs.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Never heard of him but would prefer his compatriot Ronald tbh.

Sounds harsh but he must be a very late bloomer if he's a 24yr old south American playing in Mexico, given how much the region is scouted by all clubs.

Mexico pays huge wages as they make an enormous amount of money from the US market. As a result, there is no real incentive for the league to improve the quality as it already makes enough to pay big wages. Hence why so few Mexicans come over to more competitive football markets to develop and their national team is suffering for it. There is still a massive amount of talent over there.

At least that's how I heard someone describe the situation recently and it made a lot of sense to me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Re Maxi Araujo reading on transfermarkt.

Can play LB, LW, LF.

If true, and in addition to Hermoso ( also if true ) and Iling, Moreno and Digne are 100 percent gone imo..

Although his main position is LWF.

Edit: Even forgot about Maatsen!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Pongo Waring said:

Things are hotting up. 

Succession planning by Monchi which is the way we need to operate. Sell someone with a ready made replacement to step in seamlessly. Natural replacement for Buendia next summer, or perhaps Bailey if he has another great season and his dads head gets turned by a larger club. 

Edited by thabucks

On 04/07/2024 at 13:24, RicRic said:

Respectfully we cannot be heading into a champions league season banking on Barkley and Barrenechea it is imperative we bring in a maestro CM a No 8/6 type player, and we should look for a hybrid forward player would be nice to get a wide Brazilian. 

051119SMcC0014.jpg.0be2f2742c3d760a3fbffa6a4ad3928b.jpg

• Haha 1

Feels like both Digne and Moreno will go, especially if we bring Hermoso in (and with Maatsen and, potentially, Iling-Jr as the more attacking LBs, he can be the defensive hybrid on that side like Konsa is over on the other).

Youngsters out on loan… could Chrisene be sold? Decent fee?

Just seen that Adrian is leaving Liverpool…

I know he conceded 7 goals in lockdown to us 😂 but surely a better backup keeper than Olsen?

However, I think we can do better and… I wonder if it’s worth giving Sinisalo a chance and extending his contract…

-

How has De Gea not signed for anyone btw? That’s a strange one… a year or so without a club now? Strange.

Saw Kaspar Schmeichel mentioned as well.

There have to be better options than Olsen for us out there, we need better as backup to Emi. 

There were also rumours of us bidding for a Brazilian keeper who plays in the Portuguese league.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I think Rapha Guerreiro might be available from Bayern.

We should look at him for left back cover.

I think we need to avoid 30+ year old players who would demand big wages now, time to move past that strategy. We’ve been stung so many times with declining players on long and expensive contracts too, then struggle like mad to get rid.

Doubt he would want to come in as a backup, and that the club would be interested in such a player or signing unless it was in a key area/position and made us a lot better - sounds like a move that would make more sense in midfield rather than defence.

LB department is stocked as is, need to move Digne on before it is too late and we are stuck with a declining player on big wages. Rumours that Moreno could be returning to Spain too.

With the amount we have spent on Maatsen, I fully expect him to be our starting and first choice LB - now and for the long term. No point bringing in a highly paid, ageing backup (we already have at least one). I think we will see Iling-Jr cover that position too, the whole left side.

Hermoso makes sense.

Edited by Jas10

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I know he conceded 7 goals in lockdown to us 😂 but surely a better backup keeper than Olsen?

However, I think we can do better and… I wonder if it’s worth giving Sinisalo a chance and extending his contract…

-

How has De Gea not signed for anyone btw? That’s a strange one… a year or so without a club now? Strange.

There have to be better options than Olsen for us out there, we need better as backup to Emi. 

There were also rumours of us bidding for a Brazilian keeper who plays in the Portuguese league.

I’d actually take Schmeichel to be fair (despite his last ‘performance’ at Villa park), but he’d want a big pay day to come back to the prem.  De Gea even more so, pretty sure his wage demands put practically everyone off and he was just too proud to drop them.

Just silly to pay anywhere near what they’d want to sit in the bench 99% of the time.

as for Adrian, he’s actually one of the few keepers who is possibly worse than Olsen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

-

We've got lots of keepers in reserve (well regarded at lower levels), they just don't have any experience in the PL or Europe. Whilst I can see the merits of a Schmeichel type purchase, we need to test out our own guys at some point too see if they're good enough. So I'd say that is a position we can save some money on by having cheaper backups. They can't offer less than Olsen FFS 

The De Gea one is a really strange one as he supposedly turned down a few offers from both Saudi and Europe so doesn't seem too much of a money thing. Maybe he feels he's made/done enough and is content. Even Real got Kepa on loan instead of De Gea on a free last year

Just now, _AA_786 said:

We've got lots of keepers in reserve (well regarded at lower levels), they just don't have any experience in the PL or Europe. Whilst I can see the merits of a Schmeichel type purchase, we need to test out our own guys at some point too see if they're good enough. So I'd say that is a position we can save some money on by having cheaper backups. They can't offer less than Olsen FFS 

The De Gea one is a really strange one as he supposedly turned down a few offers from both Saudi and Europe so doesn't seem too much of a money thing. Maybe he feels he's made/done enough and is content. Even Real got Kepa on loan instead of De Gea on a free last year

I’m intrigued by Sinisalo. Obviously it was at a low level but, he really earned rave reviews and was commended for his professionalism, attitude and character.

Hope we extend his deal rather than move him on, might be worth giving him a chance in preseason and see how he looks for us…

Gauci probably needs a loan, apparently has had some difficulty settling.

Yeah, I’m just throwing names out that I’ve noticed but not overly keen on them tbh.

I’m just set on improving on Olsen, it’s important and we can’t keep conceding so many goals (we also have to address our deficiencies in defence but, the way the team and sometimes he (even when he performs relatively well) fall apart is alarming).

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â