Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

27 minutes ago, mallett said:

Although a lot of us villa fans seem to have forgotten it, on the club preseason tour of Australia under Gerrard, we played Leeds with 16 yr old Archie Grey in the team. Our club captain, John McGinn ensured he went off the pitch on a stretcher. I suspect Archie Grey hasn't forgotten that moment and it probably wouldn't have been a plus point for joining us!

I highly doubt that ever came up. We weren’t ever spending that on Gray. There’s more value elsewhere. No matter how good he might be. We need immediate quality to step up. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JPAngel said:

Perfect for Dycheball.

Think he'd be perfect for a lot of teams with wingers who cross into the opposing box. His first touch isn't bad either.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Who are peoples favourite players of the tournament so far, which people feel may also be attainable, and useful for us? ( Without murdering  our FFP )

I really like how Portugal have included my grandad at centre-half. I think more nations should allow those who survived a world war to get a chance to play at a major tournament.

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

He will fit right in - only one that could take pens was luiz and he gone 😶‍🌫️

I guarantee Ollie has been practicing his pens. He'll be motivated to win Emery's confidence and pad his goal total.

40 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I guarantee Ollie has been practicing his pens. He'll be motivated to win Emery's confidence and pad his goal total.

It’ll be interesting who will take Villa’s penalties in the future because I believe it’s a different skill/mindset.  It shows that it’s not, what you would consider, an automatic striker’s responsibility from Bruno Fernandes, Jorginho, Saka, Luiz, Palmer and Ward-Prowse in the PL…so yeah it’ll be interesting to see whose Emery gives that responsibility to in 24/25.

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It’ll be interesting who will take Villa’s penalties in the future because I believe it’s a different skill/mindset.  It shows that it’s not, what you would consider, an automatic striker’s responsibility from Bruno Fernandes, Jorginho, Saka, Luiz, Palmer and Ward-Prowse in the PL…so yeah it’ll be interesting to see whose Emery gives that responsibility to in 24/25.

My guess Tielemans 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Who are peoples favourite players of the tournament so far, which people feel may also be attainable, and useful for us? ( Without murdering  our FFP )

Fullkrug is exactly the type of plan B off the bench we could do with. Someone in his 30s not desperate to play every single game but could help us mix it up on the hour mark.

However he's toiled away for years and now at Dortmund so probably wouldn't be worth the cost but to me it feels pointless to get another Duran type in to cover Ollie if we eventually sell him, much rather have experienced cover for the next 18 months.

Is Fullkrug first choice at Dortmund generally? Maybe Haller could be tempted to have another go at premier league?

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Xhaka anyone?

He'd be a fantastic signing if it were possible. Best midfielder in the Bundesliga last season.

6 minutes ago, sne said:

He'd be a fantastic signing if it were possible. Best midfielder in the Bundesliga last season.

i know Emery stripped him of the captaincy at Arsenal (after Xhaka's tirade at the Arsenal fans), but was their relationship ok overall?