Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

46 minutes ago, ejs1111 said:

Not to fussed about links to flair players.  Scoring goals was not the issue last season, and certainly not going to be the issue this coming season with both JJ and Buendia returning to the fray.  Our offensive output should be at least on par with last season imo.

The elephant in the room was our swiss cheese defense.  We allowed over 60 goals which is abysmal.  I'd like to think that UE and Monchi are focused on shoring up the back4 and midfield.  That is where the priority lies. Full stop.  Villa need a 15-20 goal improvement on goals allowed.  The prior season we allowed around 45 goals- which frankly is bang average.  We need to get back there at a minimum.  UTV

Mings returning will hopefully help. We need a DM, our form Dipped massively when Kamara got injured.

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

The Gabri Veiga link has gone very quiet… where would he fit in to our side?

Tbh, if it was a choice between them… I think I’d prefer Veiga (more of a CM?) or Baena (AM/ML/SS) to Félix.. more affordable and less of a fuss made. Young, exciting, high potential talents.

Veiga went to Saudi purely for money at a young age. Rules him out for me. 

Sadly I think whatever small chance we had with Nico Williams is long gone. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Xela said:

Veiga went to Saudi purely for money at a young age. Rules him out for me. 

Why? He got a life changing offer - he may have grown up in poverty and a season or two in Saudi at his age can transform everyone close to him lives before coming back to Europe…  I’d definitely take him if we could get him and wouldn’t judge anyone other than Henderson for making that move 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

So now Germany are out be Interesting to see what happens with Beier. Be amazing if we could get him and Gruda but too expensive no doubt. 

Shame but not surprising Ouédraogo has gone to Leipzig for €10mill … looking at the Leipzig squad and keeping an eye on him at the euros Nicolas Seiwald whose a simialr  player to McKennie giving he can play RMF/CM/DM could be a player to target. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

We should offer Cash + Cash 

Cash (not Matty) and Carlos would be a win for everyone surely

1 hour ago, Pongo Waring said:

If selling Jacob Ramsey means getting Nico Williams then let's do it.

Hasn't Williams just signed a new deal recently and said numerous times he's not leaving? 

Can see Ineos / nice  rejecting all offers for Todibo in a kinda well if we cannot sign him you won’t - then maybe they’ll go for him again next  summer  

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Can see Ineos / nice  rejecting all offers for Todibo in a kinda well if we cannot sign him you won’t - then maybe they’ll go for him again next  summer  

Yeah agreed. I think at the very least they'll reject everything until late in the window whilst they argue with UEFA and maybe CAS. If he moves this window, it's towards the end of it

Fullkrug would be an absolute monster in the Premiership and even though he's 31 now I can't see him willing to be second choice to Watkins.

Like him as an old fashioned forward though.

30 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Felix always tries to be positive, I think Chiesa is too slow.

Either Merino or Fabian Ruiz for midfield

Injuries have got Chiesa now, he is too slow.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â