Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

The Gabri Veiga link has gone very quiet… where would he fit in to our side?

Tbh, if it was a choice between them… I think I’d prefer Veiga (more of a CM?) or Baena (AM/ML/SS) to Félix.. more affordable and less of a fuss made. Young, exciting, high potential talents.

I see Veiga as the furthest forward of a midfield 3 (a CAM type). He'd be a Tielemanns upgrade but would love them to both be in the team as they'd help us to keep the ball ticking along and break down teams (with a proper DM like Kamara with them).

Felix is arguably more naturally talented then both of them (he may well come good somewhere and be worth £130m) but he's underwhelmed on multiple occasions and moreso I've felt his finishing isn't worth the cost/wages. Even the highlights video that was posted of his time at Barca had him shooting over or at the keeper - and they're the highlights!

My order of preference would be Veiga, then Baena, then Chiesa and then Felix from the names you've mentioned recently

Edited by _AA_786
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

I see Veiga as the furthest forward of a midfield 3 (a CAM type). He'd be a Tielemanns upgrade but would love them to both be in the team as they'd help us to keep the ball ticking along and break down teams.

Felix is arguably more naturally talented then both of them (he may well come good somewhere and be worth £130m) but he's underwhelmed on multiple occasions and moreso I've felt his finishing isn't worth the cost/wages. Even the highlights video that was posted of his time at Barca had him shooting over or at the keeper - and they're the highlights!

My preference would be Veiga, then Baena, then Chiesa and then Felix from the names you've mentioned recently

Apparently Chiesa is available for as little as £20m, would be big wages though.

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Apparently Chiesa is available for as little as £20m, would be big wages though.

As a Juve fan, when he's on it there's few better players to watch - he's a superstar. But... the injuries and off games are more frequent and he's lost a little bit of speed (was never blisteringly quick). Few years ago, I'd champion selling players to raise money for him but now, I think we can get equal performance for lower wages. £20m is tempting though

Posted (edited)

I don't think we need Felix, Cheisa, Baena or Goncalves. An attacking midfielder/CF would be nowhere near the top of my priority list.

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I don't think we need Felix, Cheisa, Baena or Goncalves. An attacking midfielder/CF would be nowhere near the top of my priority list.

defence and midfield should be the priority.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Probably not but if they are available I’d be jumping at the chance.  It’s not as simple as priority list, it’s about who’s available, utilise budget and other deals.  It’s difficult in our position to get real quality in, better than we have so when opportunities come up you have to take them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Probably not but if they are available I’d be jumping at the chance.  It’s not as simple as priority list, it’s about who’s available, utilise budget and other deals.  It’s difficult in our position to get real quality in, better than we have so when opportunities come up you have to take them.

Let me put it another way--I wouldn't spend transfer and/or wage budgets to the amount required to sign any of those players.

4 hours ago, Tom13 said:

A CB and an RB?

Yes mate a CB that is good at dealing with crosses, a quality RB and a quality DM who can pass the ball as Kamara won’t be available for some time apparently. If Duran is sold then a striker will be needed as well!

At least 3 quality players in which is going to cost a lot but since FFP issues have been apparently dealt with the owners have the finance to back Emery.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apparently villa were in for Gray but couldn't agree terms with the player.

If so that’s a bad mistake. Gray will become a top quality player in two positions if needed. Spurs have got a real jewel there.

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

I’ve only really seen him play for Italy at the Euro’s but what I’ve seen Villa could get better value for money elsewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

I've no doubt that had absolutely nothing to do with it. He went where he got the best contract, like 99% of players. 

Well you’re quite obviously speaking absolute rubbish.

Players make emotional decisions all the time. Often it’s about money, but not all the time.

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I think we struggled against kick and bite teams , so for those we need a Gallagher type who can huff and puff and kick and bite and then maybe a Felix type to unlock the teams like Man U who parked the bus agaisnt us at VP and we just couldn’t deliver that killer ball 

1 hour ago, striker said:

If so that’s a bad mistake. Gray will become a top quality player in two positions if needed. Spurs have got a real jewel there.

I read somewhere that he was at Villa before Spurs came in for him. Leeds players have a bit of a "thing" about us for some reason, I agree he will be a top player, but perhaps after talks we didn't take it any further because of the way he/his agent approached those talks, or it might be that his demands were thought to be excessive. It seems the fee was not a problem, so he might have not have wanted to make a decision, so that clubs he may have preferred would have the opportunity to come in for him. His not coming to us, may have not been down to us and it could yet to prove to be a mistake that he will in time regret, rather than something we will. ;)

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â