Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apparently villa were in for Gray but couldn't agree terms with the player.

Glad we didn’t spunk £40m on a prospect 

not that I don’t think he’d be good, just the money is more useful elsewhere 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I didn’t see the game, but international minutes and form isn’t exactly representative. For example; Ollie Watkins hasn’t made a starting 11 yet, and has only played 20 mins in the Euros and he didn’t score… doesn’t mean he isn’t good.

Exactly just means they might not be the best player in that team in that position or in Englands case the manager is a useless rocket polisher!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

He was dreadful in the Euros. Was dragged off one game after 35 minutes and looked a bit out of his depth

Ezri had that howler of a game for the England U21's just before we signed him I can even remember people spamming his thread saying not to buy him. 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Who is reporting that?

13 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Ditto.

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

Not the same.  Watkins isn't getting game time because he's behind Harry Kane, Veerman was hooked after 30 mins because he was dreadful.

I didnt watch it but read about it.  Not reflective of his general performances though, he's had a good season and is a good player. I think it was just one of those games where nothing was working for him in a high stakes game, Koeman hooked him as self preservation after 35 minutes.

15 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I'd be delighted if we were in a position to do so but the difference in revenues compared to Spurs makes it impossible for us.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nobody. It's ITK (so probably bullshit).

He was never ever going to join us so is probably bullshit. He and his family are huge Celtic fans so the Ange connection was always going to win out. 

17 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

He was never ever going to join us so is probably bullshit. He and his family are huge Celtic fans so the Ange connection was always going to win out. 

Would be a weird reason to sign for a club, Ange could be gone by October. Then what?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think Andy Gray is a bit too old to be honest now

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Would love Felix. Proper baller. 

Latest rumour is that we’re gonna bid 35m for 50% of his rights…

seems like a load of BS tbh but… maybe wait and see.

-

If we are allowed to spend (up to) 40m, without further sales, I want it to go on a top class CM who will make us tick and be our “shining light” as Unai referred to Dougie as. Supreme passing ability, technical quality and delivery. The guy created chances from midfield for fun, we will miss that.

The alternative is to bring in a rock solid, powerful/dominant CM and for the creative onus to be more on the attacking players (wide midfielders, support striker or CAM).

• Like 1

I'd be really disappointed if we signed Felix. A lot of money for somebody proven to underperform expectations nearly everywhere he's been.

I'm sure Unai would improve him, but I'm not sure even he can improve him enough to make the money worthwhile. 

• Like 2

The Gabri Veiga link has gone very quiet… where would he fit in to our side?

Tbh, if it was a choice between them… I think I’d prefer Veiga (more of a CM?) or Baena (AM/ML/SS) to Félix.. more affordable and less of a fuss made. Young, exciting, high potential talents.

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Latest rumour is that we’re gonna bid 35m for 50% of his rights…

seems like a load of BS tbh but… maybe wait and see.

-

If we are allowed to spend (up to) 40m, without further sales, I want it to go on a top class CM who will make us tick and be our “shining light” as Unai referred to Dougie as. Supreme passing ability, technical quality and delivery. The guy created chances from midfield for fun, we will miss that.

The alternative is to bring in a rock solid, powerful/dominant CM and for the creative onus to be more on the attacking players (wide midfielders, support striker or CAM).

what does this 50% even mean?, shared ownership stuff?, thats not even allowed in the PL? (ala the Tevez/Mascherano thing?)

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

what does this 50% even mean?, shared ownership stuff?, thats not even allowed in the PL? (ala the Tevez/Mascherano thing?)

The same as Benfica are proposing… basically, Atletico would get 50% of any future sale.

If that’s the case, it must be a completely fabricated link or rumour. Or an easy link to create, based on nothing more than Unai’s previous, positive, comments on him and the interest we had back when Chelsea ended up signing him. 

-

Could also just be messed up wording or translation, maybe it’s just a 50% sell on percentage rather than the 10-20% we usually see or hear of.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

I've no doubt that had absolutely nothing to do with it. He went where he got the best contract, like 99% of players. 

Have I missed anyone out? Don't think i'd be happy going into the season without adding to the defence.

LB LCB RCB RB
Maatsen Torres Konsa Cash
Digne Mings Carlos Konsa
Moreno   Chambers Nedeljkovic
Iling-Jr     Carlos
Torres     Chambers
Mings     KKH
Sousa      

And we could see a number of them depart, Moreno, Chambers, Carlos? And Sousa KKH on loan possibly.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â