Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

30 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Joey Veerman(seen him mentioned before) has really good stats.

5 goals 16 assists while making 2.57 tackles per game. 

Wonder if he would make a good Douglas Luiz alternative. 

He was dreadful in the Euros. Was dragged off one game after 35 minutes and looked a bit out of his depth

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He was dreadful in the Euros. Was dragged off one game after 35 minutes and looked a bit out of his depth

I didn’t see the game, but international minutes and form isn’t exactly representative. For example; Ollie Watkins hasn’t made a starting 11 yet, and has only played 20 mins in the Euros and he didn’t score… doesn’t mean he isn’t good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

We're quietly having an excellent window.

Just add Nico Williams and we're good 😛

Need more than that.

15 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I didn’t see the game, but international minutes and form isn’t exactly representative. For example; Ollie Watkins hasn’t made a starting 11 yet, and has only played 20 mins in the Euros and he didn’t score… doesn’t mean he isn’t good.

It was basics he struggled in that game. He lost the ball with over half of his touches and had less than 50% pass accuracy

19 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Not the same.  Watkins isn't getting game time because he's behind Harry Kane, Veerman was hooked after 30 mins because he was dreadful.

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

It was as much Bailey's excellence that deprived Diaby of playing time, that and the disruption of Kamara unsettling the midfield balance that meant we were on a compromised set up for the second half of the season. Diaby's numbers stand up (as El Ghazi's did🤨), despite his perceived drop off in output. If anything he was trying too hard to his detriment.

I would put money on him having a much stronger season this term.

El Ghazi in the prem only produced against the weaker sides. He was a flat track bully, looks a million dollar against relegation fodder, but disappeared against a top side or any full back prepared to kick lumps out of him. 

Diaby meanwhile produced against a variety of opposition. The only issue I have with him is quite often he let's players get by him or win a 50/50 ball without making any kind of meaningful challenge. 

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

We're quietly having an excellent window.

Just add Nico Williams and we're good 😛

Would love Nico Williams, but our defense still needs work. We also lack a genuine top talent in midfield. 

• Like 3

Guido Rodríguez still hasn't signed for a new club. He'd be a great option to allow Barrenechea tine to settle and would allow Kamara to play more in the Luiz role when he came back.

Could do worse than signing him on a free. Have to beat Atalanta, Napoli (and Barcelona 🙄) for his signature

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

El Ghazi in the prem only produced against the weaker sides. He was a flat track bully, looks a million dollar against relegation fodder, but disappeared against a top side or any full back prepared to kick lumps out of him. 

Diaby meanwhile produced against a variety of opposition. The only issue I have with him is quite often he let's players get by him or win a 50/50 ball without making any kind of meaningful challenge. 

You are pushing against an open door - I am not championing him, I never rated AEG (except his spot kicks), but perversely his numbers were always respectable. Diaby is a different proposition, you get the impression Unai hasnt quite got him doing what he wants, but I think we will see an even spread of goals from the fowards and expect him to hit double figures, and possibly the same with assists. Big season coming up.

13 minutes ago, sne said:

Guido Rodríguez still hasn't signed for a new club. He'd be a great option to allow Barrenechea tine to settle and would allow Kamara to play more in the Luiz role when he came back.

Could do worse than signing him on a free. Have to beat Atalanta, Napoli (and Barcelona 🙄) for his signature

Huh? Kamara is the top tier DM we need in the team. We don't move him from there.

Just now, Mr_Dogg said:

Huh? Kamara is the top tier DM we need in the team. We don't move him from there.

Agreed. Just that it would give us more options. Especially since we have tons of games this season and when Kamara comes back in January or so the ones we have playing in CM might need to be rotated.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It was basics he struggled in that game. He lost the ball with over half of his touches and had less than 50% pass accuracy

I’m Veermans biggest fan on here and I’ve been pushing his name for ages. He is super consistent at PSV and has an average score consistently of 7+. He was also a consistent performer prior to that too

Agreed he was dreadful that game but it’s only one game and he might have had a lot going on that could or couldn’t have affected his game.

I know I have bad days at the office once in a while.

i think he’d fit us more than Gallagher or Onana for example. 

Posted (edited)

Veerman is more than likely going to be another Van De Beek IMO … would give him a swerve 

Edited by thabucks

5 hours ago, Knutserov13 said:

I think Diaby will be really good this coming season.

I wonder if we could get him performing on the left again like he did at Leverkusen. I know we play a different formation, but I'd be interested to see him and Bailey either side of Watkins and Rogers. Only time we tried it last season (that I can remember) was away at Brighton, but we were on our last legs in that game. Maybe worth another go in games where we will dominate possession? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, burchy said:

I’m Veermans biggest fan on here and I’ve been pushing his name for ages. He is super consistent at PSV and has an average score consistently of 7+. He was also a consistent performer prior to that too

Agreed he was dreadful that game but it’s only one game and he might have had a lot going on that could or couldn’t have affected his game.

I know I have bad days at the office once in a while.

i think he’d fit us more than Gallagher or Onana for example. 

@burchy I know you've been one of his biggest cheerleaders and from the limited amount of Dutch football I saw last year, he did look very good for a PSV team who don't have loads of talent anymore to make it easy for other players to shine. My concern is how many midfielders consistently struggle when coming from Eredivisie to the Prem. Aside from Christian Erikson, most (Klaasen, Van De Beek etc.) have underwhelmed pretty badly because the PL game is clearly very different (quicker, more physical, more competitive)

Has he played much in europe and how has he done?  Do you think he would be able to cope with less time on the ball and a quicker game?  I think Jorell Hato from Ajax may have a CB/DM (John Stones) future and would be who I would push for if we did want a midfielder from the Eredivisie

2 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

I wonder if we could get him performing on the left again like he did at Leverkusen. I know we play a different formation, but I'd be interested to see him and Bailey either side of Watkins and Rogers. Only time we tried it last season (that I can remember) was away at Brighton, but we were on our last legs in that game. Maybe worth another go in games where we will dominate possession? 

With Maatsen in the team now he will be the width on the left, will require a right footed player in front of him.  Diaby would only work on the left with a LB not overlapping.

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

Would love Nico Williams, but our defense still needs work. We also lack a genuine top talent in midfield. 

Kamara

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â