Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

3 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Gruda, Felix, Todibo, Kayode and Gallagher.

Perfect, and very expensive, transfer window.

How many stars are we selling to fund that?

Absolutely no chance of happening. 

I do love your avatar though - good show!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Everyone getting excited about Felix but I’d absolutely take Baena over him and think Unai would too. 

Not sure we will get either. 

Edited by villaglint

We have done well to balance the PSR books and get 5 new players in before starting back for pre season.

If its 1 out 1 in from now on, that won't be easy as I can't see much demand for the players we would be willing to sell.

Some of those players wages will be an issue for interested clubs.

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Really like Felix. Kind of player we need. Genuine technical ability and something we lack. 

I like him too but flatters to deceive yet there is definitely a very good player in there.

What worries me however he’s not being played yet for Portugal in the Euro’s!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I don’t think solely goals scored constitutes “stats” for an attacking midfielder.

Fair enough for an out and out CF.

There’s a whole lot more to it than that, don’t you think?

Yeah i do but it’s subjective for everyone 

15 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Everyone getting excited about Felix but I’d absolutely take Baena over him and think Unai would too. 

Baena is highly possible and a very good chance we can get him. 

• Like 2

I assume people are only turning their nose up at Felix because he turned us down for Chelsea when they had Champions League football and he said that was what he wanted, and at the time, we were just climbing out of the relegation zone that Gerrard had put us in. Same as people holding a grudge against Grealish or dunking on Douglas Luiz now. All I see with those posts is pettiness. 

Felix is a top class player and much better suited to the central role than Diaby is. If his wages were doable, he'd be a great signing, but probably only makes sense if the Diaby to Saudi Arabia thing was a realistic possibility. Considering Diaby chose us over much more money, it's probably not a possibility, but maybe he didn't really enjoy the season as he struggled for a lot of it, despite still being fairly productive. 

I think there's much more to come from Diaby, but if it was a choice between Diaby or Felix + whatever stupid amount of money a Saudi team would pay for him, it's a no brainer. Quality player, his stats still stand up despite some less than ideal situations, and I don't think that falling out with Diego Simeone is something that should be held against anyone. The guy could start an argument in an empty room. Some players don't respond to that type of management, and that's not what Emery is like in the slightest. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Shaun Teales Moustache said:

I assume people are only turning their nose up at Felix because he turned us down for Chelsea when they had Champions League football and he said that was what he wanted, and at the time, we were just climbing out of the relegation zone that Gerrard had put us in. Same as people holding a grudge against Grealish or dunking on Douglas Luiz now. All I see with those posts is pettiness. 

Felix is a top class player and much better suited to the central role than Diaby is. If his wages were doable, he'd be a great signing, but probably only makes sense if the Diaby to Saudi Arabia thing was a realistic possibility. Considering Diaby chose us over much more money, it's probably not a possibility, but maybe he didn't really enjoy the season as he struggled for a lot of it, despite still being fairly productive. 

I think there's much more to come from Diaby, but if it was a choice between Diaby or Felix + whatever stupid amount of money a Saudi team would pay for him, it's a no brainer. Quality player, his stats still stand up despite some less than ideal situations, and I don't think that falling out with Diego Simeone is something that should be held against anyone. The guy could start an argument in an empty room. Some players don't respond to that type of management, and that's not what Emery is like in the slightest. 

This. I also remember Felix playing very, very well against us for Chelsea. There’s no doubt he’s a top class player. Like you say, I can’t see it without somebody leaving as we simply wouldn’t be able to afford it. 

Personally would absolutely love Diaby out, Felix in. 

6 hours ago, villaglint said:

Baena plays mainly left wing for Villarreal its a position we are stocked

9 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

👀

At 26 he’s younger than I imagined, thought he was 30 which is why I thought it would be discounted as a possibility.

I think youth is where it’s at for now though. Not sure we have much head room for spending.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Baena plays mainly left wing for Villarreal its a position we are stocked

Yes but given his profile if we did go for him I could see him playing behind a striker for us, so a similar role to Felix. Big difference though is he would WANT to be here. 

27 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Yes but given his profile if we did go for him I could see him playing behind a striker for us, so a similar role to Felix. Big difference though is he would WANT to be here. 

He’d want to be here if we pay him enough and someone like Barca or Madrid don’t come in for him.

This narrative around only signing players that want to come here always makes me laugh. Players come here because we pay them what they want and they can’t get it elsewhere. Baena nor Felix grew up wanting to play for Aston Villa. 

Joey Veerman(seen him mentioned before) has really good stats.

5 goals 16 assists while making 2.57 tackles per game. 

Wonder if he would make a good Douglas Luiz alternative. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Philosopher said:

His first season at Leverkusen was a mixed one too. The second season was very good, and his 3rd was excellent. He is young and still improving.

The thing is like about him is that for all his pace, he is a thoughtful player. He thinks about what he's doing and has a good footballing IQ. Often quick players just want to run and dribble, without thinking or considering.  Unai is the perfect coach for him, intelligent thoughtful footballers get the most out of Unai's methods.

It was as much Bailey's excellence that deprived Diaby of playing time, that and the disruption of Kamara unsettling the midfield balance that meant we were on a compromised set up for the second half of the season. Diaby's numbers stand up (as El Ghazi's did🤨), despite his perceived drop off in output. If anything he was trying too hard to his detriment.

I would put money on him having a much stronger season this term.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’d want to be here if we pay him enough and someone like Barca or Madrid don’t come in for him.

This narrative around only signing players that want to come here always makes me laugh. Players come here because we pay them what they want and they can’t get it elsewhere. Baena nor Felix grew up wanting to play for Aston Villa. 

This is not true, I bumped into Alex on holiday in Margate on Sea and he told me one of his first memories of football was seeing Gareth Farrelly play for the Villa. So when Unai moved here he was really hoping his child hood dream could come true to play at Villa Park. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â