Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

26 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Wait a minute… I’ve just had a look and am quite shocked or surprised. Is this true/accurate or have I misread the whole situation?

So he extended his deal with Atletico before moving to Barca, dropping his (200k odd?) wages to 66k a week??? And Barca only covered a percentage of that, around the 20k mark?

He was that desperate to play for Barca that he reduced his wages to that degree? Dunno how that makes sense and works but… wow.

And his agent was ok with that??

So… what sort of wage would he demand now?

Certainly one that we’d be happy and able to pay, I’d imagine, guess the only obstacle is convincing the player to join (since Unai is a fan and we’ve been previously interested). 

This rumoured/potential move just sounds more and more appealing or worthwhile. Plus, as well as boosting income on shirt sales and sponsors/advertising/commercial deals, imagine the profit we could make down the line if he did really well?

I’m a little confused 😆

They’ll all probably find a way for him to continue at Barca anyway 🤷‍♂️

Yeah he forgoe £244k pw to go with the lowest amount they could possibly pay which was 6k pw to push his move through as Barca were skint as **** - it then got bumped up to  £66k pw - he was on £250k pw at Atletico… so he just loves and wants to play footy … 

• Shocked 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Wait a minute… I’ve just had a look and am quite shocked or surprised. Is this true/accurate or have I misread the whole situation?

So he extended his deal with Atletico before moving to Barca, dropping his (200k odd?) wages to 66k a week??? And Barca only covered a percentage of that, around the 20k mark?

He was that desperate to play for Barca that he reduced his wages to that degree? Dunno how that makes sense and works but… wow.

So… what sort of wage would he demand now?

Certainly one that we’d be happy and able to pay, I’d imagine, guess the only obstacle is convincing the player to join (since Unai is a fan and we’ve been previously interested). 

This rumoured/potential move just sounds more and more appealing or worthwhile. Plus, as well as boosting income on shirt sales and sponsors/advertising/commercial deals, imagine the profit we could make down the line if he did really well?

I’m a little confused 😆

They’ll all probably find a way for him to continue at Barca anyway 🤷‍♂️

In fairness don't think he's the first player to do similar to join Barca.

Off the top of my head I'm sure Adama drastically dropped his salary to go back there on loan.

I'm not sure if it's the love/prestige of playing for Barca. A hope that you'll eventually get signed full time there on a proper salary, or just it being one of the elite showcases for your to get you next move?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

That was only because he is a Barca fan. Doubt he is doing for anybody else except maybe Benfica

Yeah but he’s on that reduced wage for the rest/duration of that contract with Atletico.

66k per week. Barca only covered 28k per week of that.

So even if he moves and gets 100k a week… that’s better than where he’s at now. Thing is, he probably only wants Barca. But they can’t afford it (a complete and utter financial mess) and he’s going to have to consider other options, unless they can somehow find a way to sort it.

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Yeah he forgoe £244k pw to go with the lowest amount they could possibly pay which was 6k pw to push his move through as Barca were skint as **** - it then got bumped up to  £66k pw - he was on £250k pw at Atletico… so he just loves and wants to play footy … 

That’s mental… and so unusual, especially in this day and age. 

His agent must’ve been livid though 😂

Posted (edited)

Basically, if there was ever a time to negotiate or complete a deal between the club and Felix… it is now, and it will never be this affordable.

Would not be surprised if Unai has given Monchi the full go ahead too…

Edited by Jas10

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In fairness don't think he's the first player to do similar to join Barca.

Off the top of my head I'm sure Adama drastically dropped his salary to go back there on loan.

I'm not sure if it's the love/prestige of playing for Barca. A hope that you'll eventually get signed full time there on a proper salary, or just it being one of the elite showcases for your to get you next move?

Yeah but Adama’s shit 😂

Yeah there is a lot of love for Barca (based on the past) and it’s understandable…

but they are fudged now.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

That’s mental… and so unusual, especially in this day and age. 

His agent must’ve been livid though 😂

That’s why I don’t understand how his attitude can be questioned as I saw some(one) mention. I  think he just wants to be happy and play footy first and foremost … Just like Coutihno did when he joined us. I can see it appealing to him to stay at Barca if he can, go back home or join our Spanish revolution where he’d be a big star in a medium pond. Just seems like someone who’s got to be loved and appreciated and Simone was the wrong manager for him. Rather we went for Felix than Goncalves 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

That’s why I don’t understand how his attitude can be questioned as I saw some(one) mention. I  think he just wants to be happy and play footy first and foremost … Just like Coutihno did when he joined us. I can see it appealing to him to stay at Barca if he can, go back home or join our Spanish revolution where he’d be a big star in a medium pond. Just seems like someone whose go to be loved and appreciated and Simone wa the wrong manager to do that. 

I have to agree… and I think he’d be brilliant under Unai’s guidance and coaching.

Simeone is very abrasive.

It’s a really good opportunity here…

26 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Maybe not so much of a loss since his new and vastly reduced contract…

or am I missing or misunderstanding something?

Benfica could easily pay those wages, so could we. Even if he wants a bit more.

no idea what you have read but reducing your wages temporarily to go on loan to Barca is different to reducing them permanently to go to a club you aren't desperate to join

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

no idea what you have read but reducing your wages temporarily to go on loan to Barca is different to reducing them permanently to go to a club you aren't desperate to join

It wasn’t temporarily… that is his contract and wage with Atletico until it expires.

And Barca still didn’t even cover that amount during the loan, Atletico still had to pay a big percentage.

2 minutes ago, Dillon66 said:

It sounded good until you got to AWB.........deary me, god no......

If we still play with a right back on defensive duty primarily there is no one better..... If we are changing to one that pops into a DM position then fair enough not the right player.

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Gruda, Felix, Todibo, Kayode and Gallagher.

Perfect, and very expensive, transfer window.

2-3 signings and an ambitious loan for me. With an option A & B depending on if we go big for an attacking (A) or defensive (B) midfielder...

Option A

• RCB (<£20m) - Milenkovic / Huijsen
  • CM/CAM (£50-60m) - Fabian Ruiz / Dani Olmo / Gabri Veiga
  • CF (<£20m) - Tammy / En-Nesyri
  • Loan DM - Perreira, Moscardo or Ugarte from PSG

Option B

• RCB (£50m) - Araujo / Yoro
  • DM (£50m)  - Ederson / Zubimendi
  • CF (free) - Depay/ Ben Yedder
  • Loan - Zaha / Guler / Soule

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Sometimes we forget that agents work for players and generally do what they are told, rather than the other way around

6 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Sometimes we forget that agents work for players and generally do what they are told, rather than the other way around

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Btw, what stats? Just goals scored? He’s not a CF, how does that tell the full story or give a holistic view of the player? How about all the other metrics, that demonstrate his ability and how he affects games?

I’m honestly not that bothered about him (unless Unai wants him) but it’s important to be fair and look at more of the facts than rumours or fiction. And not rely on hearsay or idle speculation. Barca do not want to lose him.

How about these stats?

spacer.png

spacer.png

What looks BAD there or represents a huge RISK?

🤷‍♂️

Well i was just stating that @TRO presented stats that were important to him when assessing a player on the contrary it wasn’t as important to you and off the ball or creativity was more important so it’s subjective and opinionated as to what you value and rate him on that was all 🤝

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Well i was just stating that @TRO presented stats that were important to him when assessing a player on the contrary it wasn’t as important to you and off the ball or creativity was more important so it’s subjective and opinionated as to what you value and rate him on that was all 🤝

I don’t think solely goals scored constitutes “stats” for an attacking midfielder.

Fair enough for an out and out CF.

There’s a whole lot more to it than that, don’t you think?

Edited by Jas10

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, paul514 said:

ridiculous amount of pages to read today

Any solid links? Or are people just chatting?

Yeah missed quite alot actually, we was on the verge of signing Joao Felix but @duke313 blocked his move, @Jas10 is still trying to get it over the line and @TRO is waiting at BMH to assess his desire to improve on his stats in case he does sign and as for me well I’ll be picking him up from Spain myself 😂

Edited by RicRic
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Yeah missed quite alot actually, we was on the verge of signing Joao Felix but @duke313 blocked his move, @Jas10 is still trying to get it over the line and @TRO is waiting at BMH to assess his desire to improve on his stats in case he does sign and as for me well I’ll be picking him up from Spain myself 😂

Hey, I wasn’t bothered but if he’s happy to remain on 66k pw, I’ll go n pick him up and drive him straight to VP 😂

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â