Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

No Probs Jas....I just thought "Lazy" to my comments was a bit pointed...but no big deal.

If it happens, I hope you are right and not me.

No, I’m not calling your comments lazy. Just the comparison between Felix and Coutinho, nothing else.

You made fair and debatable points otherwise.

Duncan Castle is a very unreliable source, tier 3 or 4, he just added our name to the end of the Felix conversation as an after thought, based on previous rumours. Also they weren't very complimentary of him at all, seems people wanting it to be true based on his name and former reputation. For various reasons, it's very unlikely that we're actually interested. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

No Probs Jas....I just thought "Lazy" to my comments was a bit pointed...but no big deal.

If it happens, I hope you are right and not me.

If it happens, I hope Unai is right and we see that “special” player.

What a boost that would be!

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

.....and also clubs, who have tried them both an said "no thanks"

Sorry mate, but this is inaccurate. Barca want him and like him… but they are operating on nearly 3 billion euros worth of debt and can’t afford him or find a loophole to exploit for now.

4 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I think we really need a player that can play that central number 6 and/or 8 role… I know he isn’t that popular but I think Gallagher would work there. That ship has likely sailed though, unless he’s waiting til after the Euros to decide I suppose. 

Alan Mcinally would like a word 😂

• Haha 2

While I believe Unai can do wonders and all, I do think reclamation projects might be a BIT of an ask while we're preparing for UECL and already bleeding in a few new signings as it is.

47 minutes ago, useless said:

Duncan Castle is a very unreliable source, tier 3 or 4, he just added our name to the end of the Felix conversation as an after thought, based on previous rumours. Also they weren't very complimentary of him at all, seems people wanting it to be true based on his name and former reputation. For various reasons, it's very unlikely that we're actually interested. 

The most telling part of the podcast was how surprised and unconvinced Balague was by the claim of our interest.

15 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

While I believe Unai can do wonders and all, I do think reclamation projects might be a BIT of an ask while we're preparing for UECL and already bleeding in a few new signings as it is.

He did play 9 times in the Champions League last season, getting 3 goals and 1 assist.

• Like 1

Even though it was opposite views I actually agreed with both of you maybe because you presented ur points so well, TRO gave the stats etc which from what he seen makes a great point, Im with you JAS10 That he is one hell of a player but just not maybe the workhorse we need and abit on the luxury side.

But as talent goes he is up there with the very best now if im doubting bringing Felix to VP then it shows ive weighed up so many factors, I wouldn’t however be against it if we were to lure him here but both of you make excellent points… is it worth the risk?? @Jas10 @TRO

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

He did play 9 times in the Champions League last season, getting 3 goals and 1 assist.

There's a reason he's going off at 12.7, is my concern.

16 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Even though it was opposite views I actually agreed with both of you maybe because you presented ur points so well, TRO gave the stats etc which from what he seen makes a great point, Im with you JAS10 That he is one hell of a player but just not maybe the workhorse we need and abit on the luxury side.

But as talent goes he is up there with the very best now if im doubting bringing Felix to VP then it shows ive weighed up so many factors, I wouldn’t however be against it if we were to lure him here but both of you make excellent points… is it worth the risk?? @Jas10 @TRO

He is if Unai thinks so… won’t be signing otherwise.

Felix agreed initially to lower his wages down over £12mill to £344k per year to get his move to Barca so not sure his attitude towards football can be questioned  (I believe if was later bumped up to £3.4mill) 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Btw, what stats? Just goals scored? He’s not a CF, how does that tell the full story or give a holistic view of the player? How about all the other metrics, that demonstrate his ability and how he affects games?

I’m honestly not that bothered about him (unless Unai wants him) but it’s important to be fair and look at more of the facts than rumours or fiction. And not rely on hearsay or idle speculation. Barca do not want to lose him.

How about these stats?

spacer.png

spacer.png

What looks BAD there or represents a huge RISK?

🤷‍♂️

Edited by Jas10

Anyway, in other news…

Alan McInally thinks Gallagher is not good enough for Aston Villa, is undecided about the merits of a move for Grealish and likes ESR. And he’s onboard with the signing of Barkley.

😆

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â