Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

17 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Sounds like bollocks to me mate, he says he’s been “reliably informed” that we’re in for him. We were… 18 months ago, he’s just recycling old news for clicks.

If there was any truth in it, click merchant Romano would be all over it.

File under BS.

You are more than likely correct, I agree. He’s not suggesting it as his opinion that we should sign him though.

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

You are more than likely correct, I agree. He’s not suggesting it as his opinion that we should sign him though.

That wasn’t what I meant. Regurgitating old news as new news is what I should have wrote.

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

It’s bait. I listened to it - it’s summarised as X told me Villa had an interest because Unai likes him. Guillem Balague sounded sceptical in reply. 

I listened too, Balague basically said he's talented, but only 'turns up' if it suits him. Doesn't have the mental attitude needed to reach the top level and stay there by producing consistently. Only one opinion, but given the flitting around he's been doing lately there's probably something in that. He sounds a bit like a slightly older Duran in that regard, so why get rid of one Prima Donna and replace him with another. That said, if Unai wants him, etc

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TRO said:

I know nothing....it's mostly all rumours, as far as I can see.

just saying I don't fancy his work.....averages a goal in 4, his play is eye candy at times....but flatters to deceive.

Athletico, have been touting him around, for some time, trying to recoup there outlay to Benfica, which sees like a pig in a poke deal....Athletic are trying to recover a bad deal.

If Unai wants him, I feel he may think its worth, trying to get something from him.....my guess, is ....its all just a red herring

It wasn't my intention to be harsh Jas......but the facts are, since he was 19 in 2018 at Benfica ( when he got his big money move) he scored 20 goals in 43 games......On that form, its little wonder, he was sought after and Athletico shelled out accordingly.

Since then, when you would think he would improve with age, he has failed to score beyond 10 goals in a season......4 at Chelsea in 20 games and 10 at Barcelona in 44 games, its hardly prolific.....We have already got players, who can compete with that.

Look, if Unai, sees something and its little financial risk to us, then who am I to say its not worth a gamble.

Personally, I would be more inclined to spend my time, with forwards who are a constant threat, or can claim evidence to better numbers......consistency is key, for where we are going, I don't think he has consistency.

I appreciate, you like him....that's fine.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Felix feels like an Emery type signing. 

Felix for me feels like a Coutinho type signing.....and we have been there, haven't we?

Just now, TRO said:

It wasn't my intention to be harsh Jas......but the facts are, since he was 19 in 2018 at Benfica ( when he got his big money move) he scored 20 goals in 43 games......On that form, its little wonder, he was sought after and Athletico shelled out accordingly.

Since then, when you would think he would improve with age, he has failed to score beyond 10 goals in a season......4 at Chelsea in 20 games and 10 at Barcelona in 44 games, its hardly prolific.....We have already got players, who can compete with that.

Look, if Unai, sees something and its little financial risk to us, then who am I to say its not worth a gamble.

Personally, I would be more inclined to spend my time, with forwards who are a constant threat, or can claim evidence to better numbers......consistency is key, for where we are going, I don't think he has consistency.

I don’t have a particularly strong opinion but I’m not keen on jumping on a talented player’s back without any real reason or much to go off… and there are plenty of other options (and probably more affordable and less risky ones).

Being grossly/unfairly critical of and abusing players is getting more and more common… social media is full of it.

Anyway, I’m more intrigued by and interested in Unai’s comments (posted earlier and many times beforehand - largely ignored or overlooked) and interest in him. It’s obvious that we at least enquired when Chelsea got him.

That’s all I’m othered about and if Unai rates, admires and wants a player here… that at least piques my interest.

If he thinks a player is truly “special” as he said… then I would like to believe the same and would be excited if we brought one to the club.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Felix for me feels like a Coutinho type signing.....and we have been there, haven't we?

Not at all… I’m sorry but I keep seeing irrelevant stuff like this..

Phil was far past his best and an ageing player… his body (and probably mind) was no longer up to the challenge.

Felix is still so young and there is plenty of talent and ability to unlock.

I’m sorry, but it comes across as lazy.

He’s just played 44 times for Barca… the comparison does not line up.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

I don’t have a particularly strong opinion but I’m not keen on jumping on a talented player’s back without any real reason or much to go off… and there are plenty of other options (and probably more affordable and less risky ones).

Being grossly/unfairly critical of and abusing players is getting more and more common… social media is full of it.

Anyway, I’m more intrigued by and interested in Unai’s comments (posted earlier and many times beforehand - largely ignored or overlooked) and interest in him. It’s obvious that we at least enquired when Chelsea got him.

That’s all I’m othered about and if Unai rates, admires and wants a player here… that at least piques my interest.

If he thinks a player is truly “special” as he said… then I would like to believe the same and would be excited if we brought one to the club.

To be fair Jas.....all I have done, is quote facts.....If they are unsavoury, I don't know what to say.

My comments of Nurse maiding was a throw away comment, designed to appreciate Unai's time in running a demanding football club... as opposed to referencing the players flattery.

I am not on his back at all, talented or otherwise....but I can't sugar coat seasons of factual goal scoring stats.

I reiterate, If Unai thinks he can do something with him, and assuming the rumour has legs, so be it.

lets just say we differ on this one.....that's if there was even anything in it, to begin with

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

He’s not a CF, he’s not expected to score that regularly. He’s there to affect the attacking play and help create chances.

Again, Unai’s endorsement is more than enough for me.

I think it’s a shame to give up on a 24 year old with so much to offer and at his disposal. Regardless of our interest.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, TRO said:

To be fair Jas.....all I have done, is quote facts.....If they are unsavoury, I don't know what to say.

My comments of Nurse maiding was a throw away comment, designed to appreciate Unai's time in running a demanding football club... as opposed to referencing the players flattery.

I am not on his back at all, talented or otherwise....but I can't sugar coat seasons of factual goal scoring stats.

I reiterate, If Unai thinks he can do something with him, and assuming the rumour has legs, so be it.

lets just say we differ on this one.....that's if there was even anything in it, to begin with

Not at all TRO, I thought we were having a relatively healthy debate 😆

We can safely and politely agree to disagree, apologies if I appeared forceful or aggressive 😆 maybe I got carried away!

Edited by Jas10

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Not at all… I’m sorry but I keep seeing irrelevant stuff like this..

Phil was far past his best and an ageing player… his body (and probably mind) was no longer up to the challenge.

Felix is still so young and there is plenty of talent and ability to unlock.

I’m sorry, but it comes across as lazy.

He’s just played 44 times for Barca… the comparison does not line up.

It depends on the context you are looking at.....his age, made no consideration for me......its the effectiveness of both players, I am comparing and judging......and also clubs, who have tried them both an said "no thanks"

Both are massive talents, whose ability to deliver, is in question, in my book....and both have been transferred in their time, for huge sums of money, so to call that lazy, is rude mate.

maybe we see this in different context, but at least be respectful to that......I don't write on here, without thinking, so at least give me credit for that....even if you disagree.

You don't agree, fine......but that's the essence of debate.

Joao Felix with Emery can become word class. Because the talent is here and he is still young. And you play with two striker and you need a second striker with creativity to play alongside with Watkins (Diaby is winger and not a striker!). For me Joao Felix is a great deal. 

Just now, TRO said:

It depends on the context you are looking at.....his age, made no consideration for me......its the effectiveness of both players, I am comparing and judging......and also clubs, who have tried them both an said "no thanks"

Both are massive talents, whose ability to deliver, is in question, in my book....and both have been transferred in their time, for huge sums of money, so to call that lazy, is rude mate.

maybe we see this in different context, but at least be respectful to that......I don't write on here, without thinking, so at least give me credit for that....even if you disagree.

You don't agree, fine......but that's the essence of debate.

I’m sorry, didn’t mean to be rude or offend you.

But, I do think Coutinho and Felix is a lazy comparison. I can’t deny that.

• Like 1

Just now, jigen said:

Joao Felix with Emery can become word class. Because the talent is here and he is still young. And you play with two striker and you need a second striker with creativity to play alongside with Watkins (Diaby is winger and not a striker!). For me Joao Felix is a great deal. 

You’re growing on me.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Not at all TRO, I thought we were having a relatively healthy debate 😆

We can safely and politely agree to disagree, apologies if I appeared forceful or aggressive 😆 maybe I got carried away!

No Probs Jas....I just thought "Lazy" to my comments was a bit pointed...but no big deal.

If it happens, I hope you are right and not me.

Edited by TRO

I'd imagine we would have an interest in Felix if the deal made sense financially, but I don't believe we're actively pursuing him.

He's a very very talented player and I'd back Unai and team to get him playing again.

£12.7m? At that price it’s worth the “risk” if the interest is there? Apparently, the asking price is £21m… 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13592487/Benfica-talks-Joao-Feix-Atletico-Madrid.html

Five seasons, two loan spells, and one huge fall-out with Atletico boss Diego Simeone later, and Benfica want him back for a relatively piddling £12.7m.

That's according to Spanish outlet Sport, who report that Atletico are holding out for a fee above £21m. 

As part of the deal, Benfica would purchase 50 per cent of the player's rights, meaning Atletico would be entitled to half of the future fee if they sell him on. 

Barcelona were hoping to keep hold of him and fellow loanee Joao Cancelo.

'We want them to continue. Deco is working to ensure that they continue another season in the current conditions,' club chief Joan Laporta said on the President's Podcast on Barca One.

As outlined here, Barca would like to keep him but can’t afford to. They wouldn’t if he was a “problem”.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â