Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Everyone saying “x player” would thrive/shine/improve under Unai…

Why not Felix?

Especially if he’s a player he rates, admires and wants… and considers “special”.

He, clearly a good player, yet some how fails to impress, despite whatever club he plays for.  His ego appears to be bigger than his likely wage demands. He’s largely never lived up to the hype.

Just now, TRO said:

totally.

But Unai is a football manager, not a social worker.

Well if Unai thinks he is special, who are we to argue?

He’s no Delle Alli.

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

He, clearly a good player, yet some how fails to impress, despite whatever club he plays for.  His ego appears to be bigger than his likely wage demands. He’s largely never lived up to the hype.

“Appears” being the operative word…

a lot of people like to speculate on the lad, but not many seem to know what he’s actually like.

Not one I’m all that desperate or bothered about but I’m excited if Unai wants him… 

24 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Duran - Felix swap deal??? 😃

"out of the frying pan, in to the fire"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

I doubt him and Mendes are just gonna give up a £250k/w contract that runs until 2029. That's a shocking amount of money that is gonna have to come from somewhere. Atletico are desperate to get him off their wage bill but is he desperate enough to give up all that money. I'm sure he'd settle for less money at Benfica than in the PL. If he leaves for cheap to the PL I expect Mendes will ask for a big £ sign on fee to cover whatever salary he's giving up.

Let’s see what happens…

Again, I’d prefer us to go for Baena or similar (I want to add creativity and delivery) - that seems more realistic and affordable.

Just now, Jas10 said:

“Appears” being the operative word…

a lot of people like to speculate on the lad, but not many seem to know what he’s actually like.

Not one I’m all that desperate or bothered about but I’m excited if Unai wants him… 

It’s why I chose that word. 

I have no idea what he’s really like. Yet, the whole hassle that came out of him going to Barcelona was smelling rather bratty 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, TRO said:

"out of the frying pan, in to the fire"

Tell me what you know…

or is it just more rumours?

He played 44 times for Barca last season, how much of a problem is he? They can’t afford him, riddled with debt.

Edited by Jas10

I don't think it's about ego. I think it's about the pressure of living up to that €130m transfer fee and from being labeled the next Ronaldo and living in his shadow. 

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

It’s why I chose that word. 

I have no idea what he’s really like. Yet, the whole hassle that came out of him going to Barcelona was smelling rather bratty 

Ok, fair enough mate 👍

I’m sure we’ll all be excited and fully on board if we actually move for him? If we know Unai wants him?

Right? 😆

3 minutes ago, sne said:

I don't think it's about ego. I think it's about the pressure of living up to that €130m transfer fee and from being labeled the next Ronaldo and living in his shadow. 

Unai can help him… if he wants to 😆

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Ok, fair enough mate 👍

I’m sure we’ll all be excited and fully on board if we actually move for him? If we know Unai wants him?

Right? 😆

I’ll be impressed in a coup sense, yet, I’ll be in a wait and see mood  

The only person I’m aware that Felix ever fell out with is Simeone, and he’s not exactly a “stand up guy” is he?

Why did Barca want him and play him so much?

Chelsea too…

Why do Benfica want him back?

The finances may be as much or more to do with his agent than solely the player…

Don’t think he’s as much of a “bad egg” as many seem to want to make out.

Wherever he goes, it’ll be good to see him thrive because he’s a talent that needs to shine.

33 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

No, that’s not what happened. He might be talking out of his arse, but it wasn’t said as an opinion.

Sounds like bollocks to me mate, he says he’s been “reliably informed” that we’re in for him. We were… 18 months ago, he’s just recycling old news for clicks.

If there was any truth in it, click merchant Romano would be all over it.

File under BS.

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Are you on board if Unai is?

I honestly don’t know much if anything about his personality (a lot of rumours and speculation based on little fact/evidence it mostly appears)… but this kid is certainly not a “busted flush” and there is plenty for the maestro to work with.

Every time, I have seen him, which is not much to be fair, he looks full of melancholy, creates and outrageous, trick and then goes back in to his shell.

Unai, hasn't got time, to nurse maid some of these players, in to effective, industry driven winners.....much of it has to be intrinsic....I am not underestimating Unai's ability, to develop players,  just sceptical, of how much time and effort he can afford, where other coaches have failed.....on a free, maybe worth it......but there are many players scatttered around the leagues , with talent and questionable application.

Workrate, is still frowned upon by the idealists....but time and time again, it comes up trumps.

That is not me, frowning on talent by the way, its hugely important but the old saying in football is thought provoking "hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard" maybe a bit simplistic, but it resonates with me.

I for one, doesn't get blinded by talent alone....and I have never been overly impressed with Joao Felix's work rate.

23 minutes ago, TRO said:

Talented, but not for me....He seems aloof to me.

Agreed. I don’t think he’s got the aptitude to be an elite player. Every club he fails to shine and ends up on the bench. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Every time, I have seen him, which is not much to be fair, he looks full of melancholy, creates and outrageous, trick and then goes back in to his shell.

Unai, hasn't got time, to nurse maid some of these players, in to effective, industry driven winners.....much of it has to be intrinsic....I am not underestimating Unai's ability, to develop players,  just sceptical, of how much time and effort he can afford, where other coaches have failed.....on a free, maybe worth it......but there are many players scatttered around the leagues , with talent and questionable application.

Workrate, is still frowned upon by the idealists....but time and time again, it comes up trumps.

That is not me, frowning on talent by the way, its hugely important but the old saying in football is thought provoking "hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard" maybe a bit simplistic, but it resonates with me.

I for one, doesn't get blinded by talent alone....and I have never been overly impressed with Joao Felix's work rate.

Sometimes a player just needs the right manager/coach and teammates/environment to get motivated and thrive too… that can improve workrate and determination. I believe Unai inspires his players and gets them invested.

I think you’re going too far with “nurse maid”… he’s not a “problem child”.

The stuff you’re saying is along the lines of my response to someone bringing up Delle Alli yesterday and was much more apt in that sense. Joao is nothing like that or even comparable.

You seem to be judging him quite harshly. He didn’t do too badly at Barca and I haven’t seen any/many complaints.

Ok, I’m gonna shut up about it now or for a while. 

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Tell me what you know…

or is it just more rumours?

He played 44 times for Barca last season, how much of a problem is he? They can’t afford him, riddled with debt.

I know nothing....it's mostly all rumours, as far as I can see.

just saying I don't fancy his work.....averages a goal in 4, his play is eye candy at times....but flatters to deceive.

Athletico, have been touting him around, for some time, trying to recoup their outlay to Benfica, which seems like a "pig in a poke"deal....Athletic are trying to recover a bad deal.

If Unai wants him, I feel he may think its worth, trying to get something from him.....my guess, is ....its all just a red herring

Edited by TRO

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

I know nothing....it's mostly all rumours, as far as I can see.

just saying I don't fancy his work.....averages a goal in 4, his play is eye candy at times....but flatters to deceive.

Athletico, have been touting him around, for some time, trying to recoup there outlay to Benfica, which sees like a pig in a poke deal....Athletic are trying to recover a bad deal.

If Unai wants him, I feel he may think its worth, trying to get something from him.....my guess, is ....its all just a red herring

Most likely, yeah.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â