Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

So basically, some dude on a podcast said we should sign Joao Felix because we were linked with him 18 months ago. And now it’s being reported as fact on Twitter 😂

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

So basically, some dude on a podcast said we should sign Joao Felix because we were linked with him 18 months ago. And now it’s being reported as fact on Twitter 😂

No, that’s not what happened. He might be talking out of his arse, but it wasn’t said as an opinion.

Posted (edited)

Can’t see it happening but… I’m gonna enjoy the speculation and us being linked to a high profile, talented player while it lasts.

Doubt he’ll be this affordable again and demands have probably dropped a fair bit… an opportunity for someone…

The phrase “whatever Unai wants” or similar is very conditional… for all of us 🤣

I’ll just whack this here again:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Jas10

2 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Felix would take us to the next level 

Title challenge 👀

Like he did for Chelsea  :thumb:

Posted (edited)

I’d be ecstatic if we somehow managed to swap Duran for Felix… that would be amazing.

Would personally prefer a player like Baena but… let’s have some fun!

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

Everyone saying “x player” would thrive/shine/improve under Unai…

Why not Felix?

Especially if he’s a player he rates, admires and wants… and considers “special”.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

If we were to spend £250k/w in salaries for a player I rather it be someone else.

Dont think it’d be anything like that now. If the Benfica deal or offer has any truth to it (and is being considered) then it wouldn’t be… the fee is low for him too.

With the way things have gone and zero stability… I would think he and his agent would want to get his career back on track and find him a home (for more than a season).

His situation needs resolving and Atletico are desperate for it to happen aswell… so desperate that they’d consider such a low offer for a player they invested huge amounts in..

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Nobody can deny his unbelievable talent, it’s more the attitude and consistency. 

If anyone can sort that out, it’s King Unai. It wouldn’t just be an opportunity for us, would be a good one for him - to learn and develop under a truly elite coach and manager.

Needs to kick on and maybe think about becoming the main man for his international team too… has flattered to deceive for far too long but time is on his side.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

As a loan which makes it even more pointless with his wages. These journalists need to stop trying to make fetch happen 

Talented, but not for me....He seems aloof to me.

Posted (edited)

probably nonsense, BUT, unai and Monchi follow @diarioas on Twitter … probably still doesn’t mean anything though

Edited by alreadyexists

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

If anyone can sort that out, it’s King Unai. It wouldn’t just be an opportunity for us, would be a good one for him - to learn and develop under a truly elite coach and manager.

Needs to kick on and maybe think about becoming the main man for his international team too… has flattered to deceive for far too long but time is on his side.

totally.

But Unai is a football manager, not a social worker.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Talented, but not for me....He seems aloof to me.

Are you on board if Unai is?

I honestly don’t know much if anything about his personality (a lot of rumours and speculation based on little fact/evidence it mostly appears)… but this kid is certainly not a “busted flush” and there is plenty for the maestro to work with.

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Dont think it’d be anything like that now. If the Benfica deal or offer has any truth to it (and is being considered) then it wouldn’t be… the fee is low for him too.

With the way things have gone and zero stability… I would think he and his agent would want to get his career back on track and find him a home (for more than a season).

His situation needs resolving and Atletico are desperate for it to happen aswell… so desperate that they’d consider such a low offer for a player they invested huge amounts in..

I doubt him and Mendes are just gonna give up a £250k/w contract that runs until 2029. That's a shocking amount of money that is gonna have to come from somewhere. Atletico are desperate to get him off their wage bill but is he desperate enough to give up all that money. I'm sure he'd settle for less money at Benfica than in the PL. If he leaves for cheap to the PL I expect Mendes will ask for a big £ sign on fee to cover whatever salary he's giving up.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â