Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

28 minutes ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

Just seen the Felix link on Instagram. 

I'm never gonna get used to seeing us get linked to names like that! Is this something we could reasonably pull off??

Nope. It’s all clickbait on this. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, useless said:

We've already got Bailey, Diaby, Buendia, Ramsey, Rogers, Iling-Junior and Dobbin, I think it's safe to say any links to any more non centre-forward attackers can be discarded, even allowing for the possiblity of Dobbin going out on loan, we're stacked in that area, there's also Kadan Young, who presuming isn't sold will probably take Kellyman's place as academy attacker on the periphery of the squad, and in addition the likes of McGinn, and Tielemans will probably get game time in the more attacking positions, maybe Barkley too.

The only attacker we're likely to sign at the moment is Duran replacement, and the whole point of Duran is to give us something like what Watkins brings when Watkins is rested or unavailable, so Duran replacement will be another striker in that vein, not a Felix, Soule, or Archer type.

Soule can play as a second striker and is absolutely an option, hence why Unai asked about him in the negotiations over Dougie. 

We still don’t know how good Emi will be after coming back from a long term injury and we still need to adjust for JJ’s return. 

We saw the drop off though with injuries. It’s going to be a 50+ game season. There’s too many variables to not consider the necessity of more names in those positions - Unai will be looking at versatile players who can play multiple roles anyways. 

• Like 1

I think we really need a player that can play that central number 6 and/or 8 role… I know he isn’t that popular but I think Gallagher would work there. That ship has likely sailed though, unless he’s waiting til after the Euros to decide I suppose. 

• Like 2

Kellyman was good, but we just happen to have a few other academy players on a similar level to him, Young being one, and he went up another level since coming back from injury, see also Jimoh-Aloba who could potentially be better than Kellyman, he was arguably as good as Kellyman last season whilst being a year younger, and Ben Broggio is also in that cateorgy, he was just unlucky with long term injury last season, Luka Lynch is pretty good too

10 minutes ago, useless said:

Kellyman was good, but we just happen to have a few other academy players on a similar level to him, Young being one, and he went up another level since coming back from injury, see also Jimoh-Aloba who could potentially be better than Kellyman, he was arguably as good as Kellyman last season whilst being a year younger, and Ben Broggio is also in that cateorgy, he was just unlucky with long term injury last season, Luka Lynch is pretty good too

Thats about £100m of talent you've just scratched out the bottom of the sofa. 

And they call you Useless.......

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

This fella is class.

Class and nuts.

Rate him very highly, this would be an amazing buy for them!  But there's been a few occasions where they've gone for players and then lost out to other "Bigger" clubs so maybe we can do the same  🙂

Just now, _AA_786 said:

Rate him very highly, this would be an amazing buy for them!  But there's been a few occasions where they've gone for players and then lost out to other "Bigger" clubs so maybe we can do the same  🙂

Would be far useful to us than Hermoso for example.

He interested to see how much we spend from here. And where is we spend it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Let’s be honest… the real DOBs are VTers. I’ll be surprised if any of us are under 35

36  😢

spacer.png

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, _AA_786 said:

Sorry just seeing the Kilman for £40m stuff.... WOW!!!  🤯  He didn't make the grade as a CM, they convert him to a CB and he does well for a year and that equates to £40m?!  Crazy

Well done dogheads

Has he ever played centre midfield?

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Would be far useful to us than Hermoso for example.

He interested to see how much we spend from here. And where is we spend it!

Agree as I think Hermoso's wages will be high. Pavlovic is strong, great in the air, quick enough and good on the ball with versatility to play in a 3 or 2. Money may be a little tight given other needs so I'ev been suggesting his international teammate (Milenkovic). Bit older but he's right footed, more of a leader and would probably be available from Fiorentina for under €20m

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ok if you think Cl experience thats your opinion. But it really is crucial if you want to a) do well in europe b) progress in the league. Most players with CL experience that we would look at are elite players

Last season in europa you could see the lack of experience in games

it's about balance...... as an example you could have an older player with bags of experience, but low on energy....and a young player, with loads of energy and lacking in experience.

It's about balancing out the attributes in a team, to cover as many eventualities as possible.....so many factors, make up a balanced team.

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Has he ever played centre midfield?

Might be mistaken (apologies if I am) but one of the doghead fans at work has talked about him for a while - about him being a player who came through with a good 5-a-side / fusball background and so was tidy on the ball. Apparently he started originally as a midfielder, wasn't going to get in when they had Neves and Moutinho so they played him initially at LB (due to need) and then CB for his ball playing ability to take over from Connor Coady. 

2 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Might be mistaken (apologies if I am) but one of the doghead fans at work has talked about him for a while - about him being a player who came through with a good 5-a-side / fusball background and so was tidy on the ball. Apparently he started originally as a midfielder, wasn't going to get in when they had Neves and Moutinho so they played him initially at LB (due to need) and then CB for his ball playing ability to take over from Connor Coady. 

I think he is the futsal guy but I always remember him playing centre back. I think was an academy youngster in midfield though they were building up a couple years back but never broke through

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

He took the photos a month ago whilst there on different business and posted them now to make it look like something was happening (it wasn’t) according to Marca. 

Embarrassing. Notice he's made sure his cuff is tucked gently under his Rolex, surely by accident though.

7 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

The fire rises.

As a loan which makes it even more pointless with his wages. These journalists need to stop trying to make fetch happen 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â