Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I didn’t get that impression at all, but hey ho.

Yeah, I appreciate the link and I do like a bit of transfer buzz. It’s a just a shame some people use our name for clicks. 

Just now, Jas10 said:

Yeah but this way you can get rid of all DOBS and DYBS?

Ah, forget it!

😆

It’s ok,

Lucas, Phil, Alex, Diago and Ross tell each other ghost stories like this 

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe918t6ztq2c4btl5nohl5

Two other things I wanted to mention about the CM situation, lads.

- We've got limited money we can spend without just indefinitely kicking the PSR can down the road.

- We have a bloated squad as it is and need to secure outgoing transfers to give us funds to work with.

We have to box clever this window and I honestly don't expect any big-money signings coming in. 

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

It’s ok,

Diago?

San Diago?

spacer.png

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

What the? 😂

He took the photos a month ago whilst there on different business and posted them now to make it look like something was happening (it wasn’t) according to Marca. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Who is "Duncan Castles"?

It’s bait. I listened to it - it’s summarised as X told me Villa had an interest because Unai likes him. Guillem Balague sounded sceptical in reply. 

6 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

It’s ok,

Lucas, Phil, Alex and Diego to Ross:

spacer.png

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'd bloody love it if we managed to convince Felix to come here. Not that I think he would or that we could afford him. 

spacer.png

*brave, I mean brave…

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

Let’s be honest… the real DOBs are VTers. I’ll be surprised if any of us are under 35

spacer.png

We've already got Bailey, Diaby, Buendia, Ramsey, Rogers, Iling-Junior and Dobbin, I think it's safe to say any links to any more non centre-forward attackers can be discarded, even allowing for the possiblity of Dobbin going out on loan, we're stacked in that area, there's also Kadan Young, who presuming isn't sold will probably take Kellyman's place as academy attacker on the periphery of the squad, and in addition the likes of McGinn, and Tielemans will probably get game time in the more attacking positions, maybe Barkley too.

The only attacker we're likely to sign at the moment is Duran replacement, and the whole point of Duran is to give us something like what Watkins brings when Watkins is rested or unavailable, so Duran replacement will be another striker in that vein, not a Felix, Soule, or Archer type.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Bloody hell! That’s way too high!

English tax strikes again. Not as young as I thought either, 27. Not even an international.

It’s probably about right I reckon. There’s not a big pile of difference between him and Konsa and I’d be a bit disappointed if we sold Konsa for £40m. He’s left footed which you need to pay a premium for these days as there’s not too many of them.

24 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Two other things I wanted to mention about the CM situation, lads.

- We've got limited money we can spend without just indefinitely kicking the PSR can down the road.

- We have a bloated squad as it is and need to secure outgoing transfers to give us funds to work with.

We have to box clever this window and I honestly don't expect any big-money signings coming in. 

Fair enough to have that viewpoint.  I don’t, I think with Emery signing a big new deal, the ambition of these owners to solidify in the top 4 and to be competitive in all competitions, they know we can’t afford to stand still.

I still expect a few big names to come in and wouldn’t surprise if more left.  I think they want to seize on this opportunity of getting in the top 4 now to build on strengthening that position.  

We will have to see but I’m guessing the people in charge aren’t wanting to stand still.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

Just seen the Felix link on Instagram. 

I'm never gonna get used to seeing us get linked to names like that! Is this something we could reasonably pull off??

IMG_6506.thumb.jpeg.ad11a17af8adde08d5acddead3fb09ce.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, useless said:

We've already got Bailey, Diaby, Buendia, Ramsey, Rogers, Iling-Junior and Dobbin, I think it's safe to say any links to any more non centre-forward attackers can be discarded, even allowing for the possiblity of Dobbin going out on loan, we're stacked in that area, there's also Kadan Young, who presuming isn't sold will probably take Kellyman's place as academy attacker on the periphery of the squad, and in addition the likes of McGinn, and Tielemans will probably get game time in the more attacking positions, maybe Barkley too.

The only attacker we're likely to sign at the moment is Duran replacement, and the whole point of Duran is to give us something like what Watkins brings when Watkins is rested or unavailable, so Duran replacement will be another striker in that vein, not a Felix, Soule, or Archer type.

I’m not sure Young is at the same level as Kellyman personally (a bit gutted we had to sell him). 

I’d really like us to get Konate and Gloukh from Salzburg as their link up play was quite impressive. Add them to Soule on the right and we’d have proper quality depth, especially when McGinn and Buendia picked up all their yellow cards.

1. Ramsey                      McGinn
  2. Rogers.                      Buendia
  3. Gloukh.                      Soule

Enzo’s played with Soule and Gloukh with Konate, would help them settle in nicely having a familiar face around. Gloukh and Konate wouldn’t be too expensive either. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â