Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Interesting to risk the RB depth, but Ned can only be registered as non Home grown/club trained player. So he’d have to go or someone else is dropped 

Good shout,  I'd be tempted to drop a goalie but then it's a risk with Martinez playing all the games for Argentina too so it would likely be someone like Emi B or Kamara so they can focus on their recovery or playing in the prem.

I suspect PSG will make Zaire-Emery the new face of the team so one of their midfielders (Ugarte, Vitinha, Ruiz, Perreira who can play CB too) may be available. Whilst they continually fall short of winning the CL, they are in it each year so the players have experience.

Posted (edited)

Sorry just seeing the Kilman for £40m stuff.... WOW!!!  🤯  He didn't make the grade as a CM, they convert him to a CB and he does well for a year and that equates to £40m?!  Crazy

Well done dogheads

Edited by _AA_786

59 minutes ago, Awol said:

Brighton have done an excellent deal here, I’d have taken him at Villa - specially with Fofana looking AC Milan bound 

Yeah that's really annoying. 11th placed Brighton signing Wieffer shows we can certainly sign better than what we've currently got, especially with Champions League on offer.

I really hope management don't think the current CM options are adequate for another top 4 push and CL football, I'm still expecting a big signing in CM.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Yeah that's really annoying. 11th placed Brighton signing Wieffer shows we can certainly sign better than what we've currently got, especially with Champions League on offer.

I really hope management don't think the current CM options are adequate for another top 4 push and CL football, I'm still expecting a big signing in CM.

If we don't sign another quality CM, then our stay in Europe's elite club competition will be a short one.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Good shout,  I'd be tempted to drop a goalie but then it's a risk with Martinez playing all the games for Argentina too so it would likely be someone like Emi B or Kamara so they can focus on their recovery or playing in the prem.

I suspect PSG will make Zaire-Emery the new face of the team so one of their midfielders (Ugarte, Vitinha, Ruiz, Perreira who can play CB too) may be available. Whilst they continually fall short of winning the CL, they are in it each year so the players have experience.

Ooooofff Martinez on his own is a riiiisk. But it’s bold. 

but I think you’re on to something with dropping Buendia. Villa could live without him. 

also, maybe, just maybe, we could  have someone else registered in Kamara’s place and by the time knockout stage registration, someone else is unavailable and the new player could take that slot 

41 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Oh Good Lord.

Listened to the podcast. He speculates that because Unai has a “good relationship” with Joao. It’s entirely speculative at best. He used our name for clickbait. It’s a nothing claim. 

Just now, The_Steve said:

Listened to the podcast. He speculates that because Unai has a “good relationship” with Joao. It’s entirely speculative at best. He used our name for clickbait. It’s a nothing claim. 

I didn’t get that impression at all, but hey ho.

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

my solution is not to buy him at all

Yeah but this way you can get rid of all DOBS and DYBS?

Ah, forget it!

😆

• Haha 1