Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

1 hour ago, striker said:

Totally disagree with this.

There isn’t a tried and trusted CL midfielder in there. Dendoncker and Chambers are done at the Villa and will probably be shipped out.

Barkley was probably purchased as a 1st change squad depth midfielder although I do rate him and Barrenchea is of unknown quality?

Consequently Villa’s midfield is still very weak when you consider trying to be competitive in the Premiership and CL so that’s why I’m convinced Villa will sign two quality midfielders before the window shuts.

I’d like one of those midfielders to be Chelsea’s best player last season, Gallagher.

Did Palmer change his name to Gallagher ?

• Haha 1

Matinez

RB Konsa Torres Maatsen

CM (Tielemans) Enzo (CM)

Bailey, Rogers (Tielemans), Ramsey (Rogers)

Watkins

I think this starting lineup would be our best, but certain games would be different, it will depend who we’ll get. 

Just now, abdulaziz1 said:

Matinez

RB Konsa Torres Maatsen

CM (Tielemans) Enzo (CM)

Watkins

I think this starting lineup would be our best, but certain games would be different, it will depend who we’ll get. 

Our captain will be playing most games when fit. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Respectfully we cannot be heading into a champions league season banking on Barkley and Barrenechea it is imperative we bring in a maestro CM a No 8/6 type player, and we should look for a hybrid forward player would be nice to get a wide Brazilian. 

spacer.png

(is that Ronaldo or McKennie?)

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I don’t think our current issue is Kamara replacement, we need a Luiz replacement first.

I’d be ok with Enzo starting, we’ve made our way last season with Luiz playing there, don’t think Enzo would do any worse, if we had Enzo last season I think our results would’ve improved massively. The season before we had our best games with Dendonker starting. 
But for Luiz position we can’t depend on Barkley, in Luton everything went through him, he was their Grealish. We will not do that, and Tielemans done ok but I still think we need a proper replacement here. Fofana would be the perfect one. 

Serie A is completely different to our league theres no telling how he would have fared tbh

5 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Matinez

RB Konsa Torres Maatsen

CM (Tielemans) Enzo (CM)

Watkins

Mcginn 😶

Fofana does not have the ball control , passing wizardry and flair like Luiz but having said that he is still a very good player, ideally i want someone to match the qualities Luiz had and more 

Posted (edited)

Mats Wieffer is one I’m slightly disappointed we don’t seem to have gone for. My homies Unai and MonchDogg know best though!

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Max Kilman off to West Ham for £40mill seems rather high! Todibo no longer of interest to them, clearing the way for us?

Not that he’d choose them over us, just trying to create some drama.

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5

Brighton have done an excellent deal here, I’d have taken him at Villa - specially with Fofana looking AC Milan bound 

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Mats Wieffer is one I’m slightly disappointed we don’t seem to have gone for. My homies Unai and MonchDogg know best though!

Just now, Awol said:

Brighton have done an excellent deal here, I’d have taken him at Villa - specially with Fofana looking AC Milan bound 

You know ball.

19 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Will the Slovenian defender who we’re linked to could come and play DM if needed? I’m not sure about his passing ability because we might have another Chambers in that case.

Yeah, Jaka Bijol.

I think he'd be a great signing without breaking the bank.

8 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I don’t think our current issue is Kamara replacement, we need a Luiz replacement first.

I’d be ok with Enzo starting, we’ve made our way last season with Luiz playing there, don’t think Enzo would do any worse, if we had Enzo last season I think our results would’ve improved massively. The season before we had our best games with Dendonker starting. 
But for Luiz position we can’t depend on Barkley, in Luton everything went through him, he was their Grealish. We will not do that, and Tielemans done ok but I still think we need a proper replacement here. Fofana would be the perfect one. 

Fair points but I disagree entirely with neraly everything you've said. 

Our form dipped massively in the second half of last season, which coincided with Kamara's injury, and with Kamara out until probably January we're going to suffer if we don't have a proper replacement/cover.

Enzo looks like he could be a really good player under Unai's tutelage, but to throw him straight in and expect him to hit the ground running and play 20+ games until Kamara returns is reckless beyond belief.  

Statically anyway, Barkley and Tielemans cover Luiz. If we only sign one more midfielder, it needs to be a DM to cover Kamara.

4 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Max Killman off to West Ham for £40mill seems rather high! Todibo no longer of interest to them, clearing the way for us?

Not that he’d choose them over us, just trying to create some drama.

Bloody hell! That’s way too high!

English tax strikes again. Not as young as I thought either, 27. Not even an international.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

His stats are mental.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Bloody hell! That’s way too high!

English tax strikes again. Not as young as I thought either, 27. Not even an international.

He should be though tbf. Very underrated defender.

Posted (edited)

Assuming we sell, Dendonker, chambers and Moreno, our best Squad for the CL 

Registration is 

Martinez/Olsen (or Gauchi). 
Cash/KKH
Konsa/Carlos. 
Torres/Mings. 
Maatsen/Digne/Iling Jr.
Kamara/Bareenechea.
Tielemans/Barkly. 
McGinn/Buendia.
Ramsey/Rogers. 
Bailey/Diaby. 
Watkins/Duran/Archer

Who would you drop to get the new CM in?

Digne or Duran for me

and 6 month loan cover for Kamara, but who’s in the loan market that is “CL Quality”?

Edited by CarryOnVilla

2 hours ago, useless said:

We're obvously going to sign at least one more central midfielder, that can play in a midfield two, none of McGinn, Tielemans, or Barkley are particularly suited to playing in a two man midfield. We will sign at least one more CM as Luiz replacement and that player will be first choice alongside Kamara when both fit.

Agreed, and I expect it will be a club record signing.

• Like 1