Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

He wont but we be lucky if he will be back for Xmas and how long will it take for him to rebuild his fitness up?

In which case we'll have Tielemans, Barkley and McGinn who can deputise in that time.  

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

In which case we'll have Tielemans, Barkley and McGinn who can deputise in that time.  

None of them can defend.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ok if you think Cl experience thats your opinion. But it really is crucial if you want to a) do well in europe b) progress in the league. Most players with CL experience that we would look at are elite players

Last season in europa you could see the lack of experience in games

So you are saying we should start Olsen over Emi in Champions League games 😉

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Archer as back up to Ollie is ok to me 

Archer being backup for Ollie is like one of the Jedward brothers being back up for Dave Grohl for the Foo Fighters 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Being optimistic. I'd like to keep Duran as feel he'll improve again and we gave him every opportunity for a move and if one doesn't materialise then he can stop with his liking of Chelsea tweets and focus on his football. Another good season and we can sell him next June for a bigger fee in same accounting year 

If we can move Archer, Carlos, Moreno, Dendonker and Chambers on.

While bringing in a new younger CB for Carlos.Then we add Hermoso and Gallagher to what we've got. 

That's a deep squad then. That's a squad with multiple options per position. Where we can have 3/4 players out injured and have real quality off the bench still. 

Back to Juve for another swap deal - this time Carlos for Dean Huijsen

2 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

We’re not going to sign a third choice 6 “just in case”. We’ll make do with Barkley or Tielemans or even McGinn in that role until Kamara is back firing to go. 

Be madness. Relying just on Barrenenchea is crazy. Is a high chance he struggles to settle into England early on

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I think were in trouble this season unless we add further quality to midfield.

Were still lacking a defensive midfield controller and also a creative spark in final third that can unlock low blocks.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Were still lacking a defensive midfield controller and also a creative spark in final third that can unlock low blocks?

Say hello to my little friend (though we could use another player as competition)

38EB27B4-2C90-42BF-BD54-8F5497A84779.jpeg

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Zatman said:

So you are saying we should start Olsen over Emi in Champions League games 😉

Yes if you dont mind having to score four goals to make sure you win the game 😉

4 hours ago, lexicon said:

I don't think we need another CM tbh mate. We've got Barkley and Barrenchea in and only Luiz out. 

CB, RB, back-up goalie are the three positions I'd prioritise.

Respectfully we cannot be heading into a champions league season banking on Barkley and Barrenechea it is imperative we bring in a maestro CM a No 8/6 type player, and we should look for a hybrid forward player would be nice to get a wide Brazilian. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

If we sold Duran and replaced him with a CM, I’d be chill with that. 

Archer as back up to Ollie is ok to me 

Archer is not gonna be the back up we should rely on we need to aim higher 

I thought Huijsen was the guy who scored that wonder goal against England for Denmark… turns out that is another guy called Hujmand and Huijsen is some 19 year old I’ve never heard of before, definitely not as exciting 

4 hours ago, lexicon said:

That's four for two positions, five including McGinn - three of whom are going to be expecting a fair whack of game time. If we do sign another CM, he's going to have to be OK with only being promised rotation minutes. I don't see a big signing there. 

The only CM we sign moving forward will be expected to start, barkley and Barrenechea to me are squad players not expected starters but as Kamara is injured they will be involved a lot from the start of the season up until kamara returns

• Like 3

If we're needing someone low cost short term to cover Kamara's absence and allow time to bed in Enzo, I wouldn't be surprised if we went for Étienne Capoue.  Emery knows him well and trusts him, and is available on a free contract.  Would make sense short term.

3 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’d say he’s more of a Buendia replacement 

Zaniolo replaced buendia, buendia is now back in the fold 

People are saying that we need a DM, for me Barrenechea is enought for now, what we need is another Luiz (preferably better when needed as a DM). Someone like Fofana would be perfect. Barrenechea Has to start many games and I’m ok with that it would be an upgrade on our second half last season. But replacing Luiz will be the issue. I don’t think Barkley will be trusted to start many games in a double pivot. Tielemans better a bit advanced. But we can use different approaches, as we’ve seen against Bournemouth there are game were we expected to keep attacking and attacking, those are the games where Barkley can start and Barrenechea not. Otherwise he should be the main DM until Kamara is back. 
Get Fofana and I guess we’re sorted.

Will the Slovenian defender who we’re linked to could come and play DM if needed? I’m not sure about his passing ability because we might have another Chambers in that case.

8 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Archer being backup for Ollie is like one of the Jedward brothers being back up for Dave Grohl for the Foo Fighters 

Jedward are way better than Foo fighters 

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91cgekcv0k1orc5autrx

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Our current available midfield options are McGinn, Tielemans, Barkley, Ramsey, Rogers, Barrenchea, Dendoncker and Chambers. With Kamara to come in 

The sand people of VT are easily started by this..

Yet, that’s a full, decent and competitive midfield, with some versatility for different roles and positions. 

could it be better, yes. Will it be better, more than likely. Will it be a disaster if it’s no new midfielders are signed, no. 

If no further were brought in youd be hugely surprised at the decline in performances no matter how good Unai is theres only so much you can do when the midfield has been weakened as such

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If we're needing someone low cost short term to cover Kamara's absence and allow time to bed in Enzo, I wouldn't be surprised if we went for Étienne Capoue.  Emery knows him well and trusts him, and is available on a free contract.  Would make sense short term.

I don’t think our current issue is Kamara replacement, we need a Luiz replacement first.

I’d be ok with Enzo starting, we’ve made our way last season with Luiz playing there, don’t think Enzo would do any worse, if we had Enzo last season I think our results would’ve improved massively. The season before we had our best games with Dendonker starting. 
But for Luiz position we can’t depend on Barkley, in Luton everything went through him, he was their Grealish. We will not do that, and Tielemans done ok but I still think we need a proper replacement here. Fofana would be the perfect one.