Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

5 hours ago, PeterSw said:

Surely Cash is locally trained too - was at Forest as a youngster

He is but you only need to formally select 4 “association” trained players (separate to the 4 home grown club trained players) so any 4 from Martinez, Cash, Mings, Konsa, Maatsen,  Barkley, Rogers, Watkins, (not sure on Iling Jr due to his time in Italy). 

Posted (edited)

I saw a great Trump gif the other day of another trump coming out of his mouth and eating him. Whoever posted it. Could you post it again please ?

Any new signings ?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

I’ve just realised that your avatar was a crop of the Villa badge I created 😂 I’ll send you an invoice for my royalties 😜

It is indeed! The best badge!!! 😁🤣

Am i the only one hoping for Rabiot or Guendouzi? Exactly the type of CM we need, and both have done well under Emery before and know him.

More big Characters but worth the risk especially if Emerys worked with them before and wants them

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, carlitobrigante said:

Am i the only one hoping for Rabiot or Guendouzi? Exactly the type of CM we need, and both have done well under Emery before and know him.

More big Characters but worth the risk especially if Emerys worked with them before and wants them

I’m hoping Emery isn’t interested in them.  

Rabiot is a problem child, doesn’t get on teammates, earns wages we can’t afford and a nightmare agent mother.  

Guendouzi has moved to Lazio, confirmed end of April and in effect 1st July 2024 for £12 million and anyway is not good enough that he’d struggle to get a bench place given the midfielders that would be ahead of him,

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

The kids aren't worth 34m they're worth 25m, and Doug is worth upto 70m.

You're wrong. The talent they posses and the potential they have they are £20m prospects in the typical football market.  Agree Doug would have cost at least £70m to another PL club.

Some people doubt Enzo and Jr, but at the same time want Philogene back, it’s as if every player has to success in his own team. Sometime young players don’t have chances for several reasons, could be that the team have good players in his position, or the manager doesn’t really have courage to try, or a player prefer to go out on loan to play week in week out (better than keeping at the squad and play couple of minutes here or there).

Us selling Philogene wasn’t wrong, although we had a real chance to play him more under Smith in his last full season. Under Gerrard as well (not sure if he was on loan by them). 
Enzo being loan out wasn’t a move that makes him worse actually we wouldn’t have got interested if he wasn’t out on loan. 
Teams wanting to get Philogene would say keep away he failed at Villa. The reality is he needed games to improve and we could give him that. For a player his age, he needed to play and increase his market value. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

You're wrong. The talent they posses and the potential they have they are £20m prospects in the typical football market.  Agree Doug would have cost at least £70m to another PL club.

Yep. Same reason Carney and Kellyman cost £20m.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

The kids aren't worth 34m they're worth 25m, and Doug is worth upto 70m

Who says that's what they are worth, it might be what juventus and Villa say the transfer price was...doesn't mean that what they are worth

Illing Junior was linked with moves in Jan for £20m for example.

Edited by zak

19 minutes ago, zak said:

Who says that's what they are worth, it might be what juventus and Villa say the transfer price was...doesn't mean that what they are worth

Illing Junior was linked with moves in Jan for £20m for example.

It’s well documented by different journalists that we had a list of players we wanted in exchanges that included Soule. That was rebuffed. Our interest in Iling-Junior is not new either. 

I feel sorry for any new midfielder coming in. They not just have to live up to Doug as player, they got to live up to the myth of Doug too

He was pretty ordinary for second half of the season and mostly poor in the conference too. 

The drop off without Kamara was noticeable bad. Danny Drinkwater without Kante bad, not quite, but it was bad enough to make him look ordinary 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I feel sorry for any new midfielder coming in. They not just have to live up to Doug as player, they got to live up to the myth of Doug too

He was pretty ordinary for second half of the season and mostly poor in the conference too. 

The drop off without Kamara was noticeable bad. Danny Drinkwater without Kante bad, not quite, but it was bad enough to make him look ordinary 

Now you’re just making it harder for a new DM to live up to the myth of Kamara.

• Like 1