MaVilla

12 hours ago, AndFos said:

CL-squad as it stands:

Max 8 local players, which consists of
Club trained players:
Ramsey, KKH, Archer

Max 4 Domestic trained players:
Konsa, Mings,  Maatsen, Watkins

17 Non local players (if more than 8 local players, these can also be listed here) :
1. DIBU 2. Cash 3. Torres 4. Carlos 5. McG 6. Gauci 7. Moreno 8. Digne 9. Enzo 10. Watkins 11. Tielemans 12. Barkley 13. Buendia 14. Rogers 15. Bailey 16. Diaby 17. 

Not registered
Kamara (to be registered in March if we qualify), Iling Jr, Dobbin, Nedeljkovic Olsen, Dendoncker, Chambers, Coutinho

B-list (Born later than 1.1.2003):
Sousa, Marschall, , Duran

One spot is available if its done as listed above. Room to sign a midfielder.

Then after that it will be:

If Cash sold ->  New RB can be registered

If Moreno or Digne is sold -> a newly signed striker can be registered

If Carlos is sold -> A newly signed CB can be registered

Surely Cash is locally trained too - was at Forest as a youngster

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

To be fair that was quite funny 😂

Well, I’m more referring to the days of Tony and Brucey… we’ve done a Magikarp to Gyarados going from them to NSWE and Deano/Unai!

Also, we’re making much better signings these days and a lot less busted flushes… 

Poor signings under Di Matteo too:

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Jas10 said:

Well, I’m more referring to the days of Tony and Brucey… we’ve done a Magikarp to Gyarados going from them to NSWE and Unai!

Also, we’re making much better signings these days and a lot less busted flushes… 

Poor signings under Di Matteo too:

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91zaght34qpk2dtrfoxi

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Don't know if he's been mentioned and I'm not saying I want it to happen, but I would love to know how Dele Alli would get on under the guidance of Emery. He was some player and would love to see whether Emery could unlock that from him again in our system. 

Equally I don't know if he'd just look at him as a Coutinho equivalent and would think he's a lost cause now. 

I'm  glad you're  not saying you want it to happen,  as otherwise VT would have needed to take some kind of intervention on your behalf 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah, I was about to say the same. We appear to be intentionally adding some height and physicality with our recruitment…

I think @TRO will be happier and have less complaints once we are done 😆

Absolutely.

if nothing else this tournament has highlighted the physicality of the game, not to mention the amount of headed goals.

For me, they are hugely important aspects of the game allied to our undoubted guile.

Not every opponent allows us to play champagne football, in such cases, we need an alternative side to our game......This was entirely the approach of SAF in his halcyon days at Man U, they could play great football and "mix it" if that was required....I fancy Unai is on it.

We need some players who can " mix it " if required.

Edited by TRO

10 hours ago, RicRic said:

Goin through a difficult time atm but you have me cracking me up daily mate so thank you 😭🙌🏽

sorry to hear that.....keep laughing, best antidote.

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Don't know if he's been mentioned and I'm not saying I want it to happen, but I would love to know how Dele Alli would get on under the guidance of Emery. He was some player and would love to see whether Emery could unlock that from him again in our system. 

Equally I don't know if he'd just look at him as a Coutinho equivalent and would think he's a lost cause now. 

I would think that is a long shot.....Application, does not get enough appreciation, when analysing players, it's all well and good having talent, and its necessary of course, but you have to have the minerals to apply that talent.

Even in this tournament, the lesser teams have shown markedly how application can be a huge obstacle for talent to breach.

I think moving forward, in this transfer window, I think it will be a feature of Unai's transfer choices.

Edited by TRO

Posted (edited)

We can match any offer for Jaden, probably have first refusal too, should we so wish… so if we want him, we can get him.

-

Personally, I wanna see some CL level signings now and think we’ve probably done enough to boost the squad until we make further sales…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

Apparently West Ham are “ahead of Chelsea” in the “race” for Duran…

Maybe a couple more sales will accelerate the incomings…

Palhinha finally going to Bayern. €46m + bonuses. Was never a serious option for us but would have been nice.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

My god, I'll seriously question the guys head if he makes that move

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

Oh good some insightful and thought out responses. 

dont take this the wrong way, but not all responses need an insightful and well thought out response, clearly nuts and/or crackpot ideas falls in to that bracket i think :)

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I’d say we need a minimum of 3 out before we can buy one. Then it’s one out one in after that