Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Kamara won’t be in the initial squad, he’ll be added when we can make three changes in the new year.

You can't update squad until March now I think after the knock out play offs (ie end of the old group stages before round of 16)

Edited by CVByrne

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

IMG-0404.jpg
As things stand, this is our Champions League squad. 

No room for Digne, Moreno, Dendoncker and Chambers or Gauchi

I've got more chance of being in the squad than LOLsen

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

Can’t say I am fully versed on his Villarreal side at the time. I know they had the likes of Capoue etc who didn’t overly impress in the prem. 

But that Villa midfield is weak as ****. I know it’s not the correct setup etc etc… but it’s still weak. Actually makes me a little bit 🤢 to not see Dougie there anymore. 

Without Kamara this is my view as well.  At times we do get bullied in the middle of the park.  Current signings are 6ft plus so Unai must see the same?  Definitely think we will sign another CM who will be a starter and won’t be bullied.

11 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I've got more chance of being in the squad than LOLsen

I thought his contract expired this summer?

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, burchy said:

I thought his contract expired this summer?

Unless he’s released or sold, one more season to go…

spacer.png

Edited by Jas10
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

You can't update squad until March now I think after the knock out play offs (ie end of the old group stages before round of 16)

Yep the only I didn’t know was whether it was after the league but before knock out playoffs or after the playoffs and have seen nothing to clarify it.  Either way I can’t see us including Kamara in the initial squad because he’s likely to miss at least six CL games so I think we have a spare squad place for a new player (not necessarily a DM).

Edited by nick76

Posted (edited)

I wonder if we’d go for a younger player like Gabri Veiga, Javi Guerra, or hugo larsson or look for more experienced players for the centre of the park. I also like the look of Baleba from Brighton but he’d cost too much. 

Edited by thabucks

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

And? 

How else are we going to beat Walsall if we don’t have a team? It’s crucial we get off to a good start and get the 3 points. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, striker said:

Love to @sne.

We are talking about the same Kalvin Phillips that Villa tried to sign under Smith but he turned Villa down?

The same Kalvin Phillips that played for England in the WC and Euro's helping England get to the Euro final?

Or maybe the same Kalvin Philips that was signed arguably by the best manager around for 45m?

Is that the same Kalvin Philips or are you referring to Tom Hanks?😂

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Have a breather chaps, its July 2nd.

Watch videos of fat people falling over. Mucho laughs. 

1st quote is about Kalvin Phillips pre 2023 and 2nd could be about the current Kalvin Phillips 🤣

• Haha 1

We’re talking that we need DM cover for Kamara and to help Enzo settle. We also need CB cover and RB cover. 

Surely Geertruida would a clever bit of business for us as he can cover the defensive RB slot, allowing Konsa to move across to his best position. He could cover the CB position and allow a more attacking RB to a slot in and rest Konsa. He could also cover the DM role too. 

I’ve been suggesting Fofana and Mosquera for a combined 50m-55m whereas Geertruida would probably be 30m-35m.

15 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

Klostermann, Salisu and Kokcu

Heard it here first

get your lifes savings on it !

Done. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, burchy said:

Where are Juventus getting all this cash from, Luiz, Thuram, most likely Koopmeiners too?!?

They sell a lot of Fiat cars and do a lot of shady business!

edit: and is a world class club with fans all over the world

Edited by Keener window-cleaner

Posted (edited)

CL-squad as it stands:

Max 8 local players, which consists of
Club trained players:
Ramsey, KKH, Archer

Max 4 Domestic trained players:
Konsa, Mings,  Maatsen, Watkins

17 Non local players (if more than 8 local players, these can also be listed here) :
1. DIBU 2. Cash 3. Torres 4. Carlos 5. McG 6. Gauci 7. Moreno 8. Digne 9. Enzo 10. Watkins 11. Tielemans 12. Barkley 13. Buendia 14. Rogers 15. Bailey 16. Diaby 17. 

Not registered
Kamara (to be registered in March if we qualify), Iling Jr, Dobbin, Nedeljkovic Olsen, Dendoncker, Chambers, Coutinho

B-list (Born later than 1.1.2003):
Sousa, Marschall, , Duran

One spot is available if its done as listed above. Room to sign a midfielder.

Then after that it will be:

If Cash sold ->  New RB can be registered

If Moreno or Digne is sold -> a newly signed striker can be registered

If Carlos is sold -> A newly signed CB can be registered

Edited by AndFos

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â