Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

3 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Rogers has a huge ceiling

Na but you’re right… and I think JJ does too. I’m disappointed in how many have forgotten that and wouldn’t even mind seeing him leave, big player for us.

• Like 2

Various Udinese blogs seem to be linking us to Slovenia defender Bijol? Clicking around to try to find the source of the rumour they say it comes from Gazzetto dello Sport, but I can't seem to find the original link. Has this already been discussed? (Sorry, not up to date on this thread)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Na but you’re right… and I think JJ does too. I’m disappointed in how many have forgotten that and wouldn’t even mind seeing him leave, big player for us.

Totally agree. Both are going to be fantastic for us next season. 

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Various Udinese blogs seem to be linking us to Slovenia defender Bijol? Clicking around to try to find the source of the rumour they say it comes from Gazzetto dello Sport, but I can't seem to find the original link. Has this already been discussed? (Sorry, not up to date on this thread)

Yeah, was discussed yesterday. It’s an interesting one, those that watched the match seemed impressed too.

• Thanks 1

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

He’s had a good Euros as well, can only see it if Carlos goes tbh

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Totally agree. Both are going to be fantastic for us next season. 

spacer.png

Although… I could see Rogers playing in different positions and a “top player” possibly coming in at LW/LM to make us even better and compete with Ramsey. We need the depth anyway, there’s an opportunity there to boost our attack and creativity I think.

Buendia too, always been a fan.

We’ve been linked to Baena and he wouldn’t cost a big fee (25-30m apparently).

All these guys can play at SS too, we have a lot of options up there.

Edited by Jas10

Just now, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

Although… I could see Rogers playing in different positions and a “top player” possibly coming in at LW/LM to make us even better and compete with Ramsey. We need the depth anyway, there’s an opportunity there to boost our attack and creativity I think.

Buendia too, always been a fan.

We’ve been linked to Baena and he wouldn’t cost a big fee (25-30m apparently).

All these guys can play at SS too, we have a lot of options up there.

We will need all of them. Going to be a lot of matches and the step up to Champions League is huge. I'm just excited. Delighted to see little Emi back as well, love him!

In my ideal window, but 5 new players seems a little OTT, but i would defo expect 4 if we really want to improve.

Obviously, some of the below players can play in multiple positions.

image.png.877ebd1efab7601fe9a5883ba307e37a.png

In terms of profile, Bijol has certain attributes that we really need - strength, aerial dominance etc. 

Mings is the only other defender who is like that. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

I get the feeling maybe Iling Junior might end up being a LB/LW and comfortable in either position given his defensive attributes. 

Digne as expected shows up well above especially as a full back surrounded by CBs on the chart.

Ooh… I like “bewitches” that’s another new one, and better than “thinking of” 😂

£15m doesn’t sound too bad, is he good enough on/with the ball though?

Woah… I didn’t realise we’d conceded so many more goals. We were one of the worst for defensive set pieces…

Must’ve scored many more too though.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

AVFCScout makes a good point… Udinese constantly under pressure and saw so little of the ball. Avoided relegation by 2 points.

Stats looked much better at his previous club, Hannover, and he played DM.

spacer.png

Edited by Jas10

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I reckon Matheus Nunes from City would be a good signing for us.

Completely forgot he went there. Can only assume his wages would be pretty astronomical. 

• Like 1