Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Possibly guess its all about the finances.  Im pretty sure nice fans wont be happy if ratcliffe tosses them aside and just helps manure.

Nothing they can do and we'll never hear about it anyway. If we approach Nice we'll just be told no or quoted a stupid price. Plenty of clubs interested and they'll sell him to somewhere not in England. 

Edited by CVByrne

GK

Martinez

Sell/release: Olsen Loan: Gauci

LB

Maatsen, Iling-Jr

Sell: Digne, Moreno. Loan: Sousa

RB

Nedeljkovic (potential loan option)

Sell: Cash, Kesler

CB

Pau, Konsa, Mings

Sell: Carlos, Chambers, Hause

CM

Tielemans, Barkley, Barrenechea

Injured: Kamara

Sell: Dendoncker

LM/LW

Ramsey, Rogers, Buendia

Loan: Dobbin

RM/RW/SS

Bailey, Diaby, McGinn

CF

Watkins

Sell: Duran, Archer

If all of these players are moved on, there’s plenty of space for adding new and better players and we would have to do it.

There are 17/18 (including Kamara) players who are pretty much guaranteed to stay… and some of the others may (and probably will) too but they are sellable/replaceable.

There is plenty of business we could do…

We will need additions in midfield and attack at the very least. I would like a better 2nd choice keeper but that may be unlikely.

We all want a better RB or someone else who can play the RCB role Konsa has. And a more dominant and consistent (less injury prone) CB, if Carlos is moved on

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Todibo has a release clause, there is nothing Nice, INEOS, Jim Ratcliffe or Man Utd can do about it.

I don't believe he does, Romano only said they had set a price of £40m and lots of clubs interested 

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Disagree on Dobbin and Nedeljkovic - both need to stay and learn under Emery. We can make a decision in Jan if we feel a 6 month loan would benefit them. 

I'd keep Digne/Moreno - we need one of the experienced LBs as it's a key attacking role in the team we can't go with just Maatsen. I also don't think we can risk having Martinez and untested backups as bad as people think Olsen is he's experienced and seems to be rated by Emery/Team. 

I’ve re-edited this post to be more clear with what I’m saying. Also dobbin has made my CL squad, but he’s the easiest to be dropped 

but start laying out your CL squad and you’ll see how bloated the squad is 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

GK

Martinez

Sell/release: Olsen Loan: Gauci

LB

Maatsen, Iling-Jr

Sell: Digne, Moreno. Loan: Sousa

RB

Nedeljkovic (potential loan option)

Sell: Cash, Kesler

CB

Pau, Konsa, Mings

Sell: Carlos, Chambers, Hause

CM

Tielemans, Barkley, Barrenechea

Injured: Kamara

Sell: Dendoncker

LM/LW

Ramsey, Rogers, Buendia

Loan: Dobbin

RM/RW/SS

Bailey, Diaby, McGinn

CF

Watkins

Sell: Duran, Archer

If all of these players are moved on, there’s plenty of space for adding new and better players and we would have to do it.

There are 17/18 (including Kamara) players who are pretty much guaranteed to stay… and some of the others may (and probably will) too but they are sellable/replaceable.

There is plenty of business we could do…

We will need additions in midfield and attack at the very least. I would like a better 2nd choice keeper but that may be unlikely.

We all want a better RB or someone else who can play the RCB role Konsa has. And a more dominant and consistent (less injury prone) CB, if Carlos is moved on

Far too many people to sell/loan out from the first team squad of last season. I can see one out one in for Duran, Cash or Carlos for sure though if we can do the deals

• Like 2

Just now, CVByrne said:

Far too many people to sell/loan out from the first team squad of last season. I can see one out one in for Duran, Cash or Carlos for sure though if we can do the deals

It’s just laying out all (possible/potential) options…

A few I’ve not bolded will probably stay. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’ve re-edited this post to be more clear with what I’m saying. Also dobbin has made my CL squad, but he’s the easiest to be dropped 

but start laying out your CL squad and you’ll see how bloated the squad is 

Our CL Squad List A will be a max 22 players as we only have 1 home grown player (Ramsey) from the required 4. We need 2 GKs on list A also which is why I think Zyech or Marshall will be our 3rd Keeper (as they can be on List B). 

So outfield players we can only have 20 List A (I'd say we might exclude Kamara and maybe even Mings depending on when they are expected to return)

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I agree. Sell all the backups even if people don't rate them and we lose the squad spirit from last season if we're bringing in ten new players which is way too much.

Digne had a really good season and while Carlos wasn't as good (usually when he was playing with Lenglet) he also had some amazing games v Arsenal and Man. City so good squad player there who can step in v high level and excel. We'll need that in CL and he has plenty of experience from Sevilla days.

If we go out of CL early then let them go in January.

Just now, CVByrne said:

Our CL Squad List A will be a max 22 players as we only have 1 home grown player (Ramsey) from the required 4. We need 2 GKs on list A also which is why I think Zyech or Marshall will be our 3rd Keeper (as they can be on List B). 

So outfield players we can only have 20 List A (I'd say we might exclude Kamara and maybe even Mings depending on when they are expected to return)

These are the naturally easy replaceable on my list too, for the same reason… and Digne and Moreno would be their replacements, out what we already got, maybe dendonker instead of one for an extra midfield option 

58 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Bologna have been linked to Duran, they are likely to be losing Zirkzee soon. Would have the funds to move for Jhon after that sale.

Calafiori was thought to be joining Juventus but his agent has talked about PL interest. Any other good Bologna players?

Are there deals to be done there, for us? 🤔 

Califiori would be a brilliant signing.  His FBRef stats are below https://fbref.com/en/players/aded8e6f/Riccardo-Calafiori 

Good passer of ball, very good at reading the game (high interception numbers) and pretty good in the air.  Left-footed so I don't know how that would work with Pau as a CB partnership (although few bat an eye with two right footed CBs).  But if we moved to more of a 3-5-2 then I think he'd be good as the middle defender with Konsa on one side and Pau on the other.  We'd be a tough team to get the ball off when playing out from the back that's for sure.

image.png.52ee2fa64306b73579e83f16cd234a3b.png

Unai:

My biggest challenge next season is to be competitive in the Champions League, not to participate one year as something anecdotal

Personally, I don’t think the squad “as is” lives up to that demand or even expectation - it needs improvement (and I believe that’s the intention).

And I don’t have major confidence in a Tielemans & Barkley central midfield (or even Barrenechea who will need time) or for it to be able to sustain availability (injury free) and consistent form over the whole/majority of the season.

If we’re having to get McGinn to cover in there again, that would expose our lack of strengthening/business and that we still have a limited squad. 

If we go with what we have, I can see an injury to an important/key player giving us a lot of problems (again)…

I don’t think we have a CL level midfield right now, we did in Luiz & Kamara. Bouba won’t be back for a while.

So I do believe we will be busy in the transfer market… and that’s not to mention the other departments we would be looking to strengthen.

1 minute ago, allani said:

Califiori would be a brilliant signing.  His FBRef stats are below https://fbref.com/en/players/aded8e6f/Riccardo-Calafiori 

Good passer of ball, very good at reading the game (high interception numbers) and pretty good in the air.  Left-footed so I don't know how that would work with Pau as a CB partnership (although few bat an eye with two right footed CBs).  But if we moved to more of a 3-5-2 then I think he'd be good as the middle defender with Konsa on one side and Pau on the other.  We'd be a tough team to get the ball off when playing out from the back that's for sure.

I love developing mental pictures based on these stats with no real world basis. In my head this guy is like the second coming of Paul McGrath. He can do everything. But when the ball is gently rolled to him and he tries to get it upfield, he shanks it into his own face. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, allani said:

Yeah, he’s brilliant but I don’t quite see where/how he would fit in and… I hate 5-3-2 formations. Maybe Ezri stays at RB hybrid.

Thought the move to Juventus was almost wrapped up but there seems to be major PL interest and a lot of competition (which would drive his price up). There’s a significant sell on percentage too.

I was thinking of another swap deal if they want Duran…

Hause, Chambers, Sanson, Coutinho etc. all show us its a tough task getting rid of players so whilst I don't want a huge squad turnover all in one summer, I get you're all marking those who could/should be improved but we'll be very lucky if w can shift 4-5 from the players over 23.

As @CarryOnVilla said, the squad is padded out now. We just need 3 players of immediate starter quality to truly compete. Hopefully any outgoing add to our PSR position and allow us to do that. 

• Like 2

Am I right in thinking that under 21 players such as Marschall and Kesler-Hayden are not allowed to be added to the CL list b of players due to them have multiple loans?

The rules don’t read that well, and if true doesn’t really help clubs develop players does it!

8 minutes ago, allani said:

left footed ball playing CB, we have Pau for that, and we've just signed a left back for £35m, so not sure where he fits into the team.

Â