Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

6 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Transfermarkt is as fictitious as my estimate 

ratings are a skewed system. Most often favourable to goals, assists and time on the ball. DMs always look poor 

We'll just have to agree to disagree, because from my perspective the Juve players have been valued about right. But Doug is 20m underpriced. Hopefully Barrenechea and Iling-Jr are roaring successes.

Just now, Philosopher said:

We'll just have to agree to disagree, because from my perspective the Juve players have been valued about right. But Doug is 20m underpriced. Hopefully Barrenechea and Iling-Jr are roaring successes.

I haven’t seen Sam play, but I’ve seen Enzo. He’s worth more than €8m, quite a bit more 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Awol said:

Can’t see us doing any swappsies with West Ham or any other club now.  That was all part of the PER bondoogle, July is time for strengthening with    starters, not cast offs. 

That said, if West Ham want to give us 40M in cash for Duran they’d be very welcome to him.

I think while they're available....clubs like us and West Ham should be looking to maximise any bondoogles possible.

Agree with £40m cash...just about. But I don't think West Ham would bid that.

If the penny drops between Duran's ears, he's easily a £80m striker.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

As I have said transfermarkt value the two at 20m combined. That is 13m for Iling-Jr and 7m for Barrenechea. Now I know transfermarkt aren't official valuers, but they are independent of leagues and clubs and are generally pretty accurate in most cases.

Your 20m each is all in your head. Iling-Jr had 1 year left on his contract. Barrenechea has only had one season in Italy for a team that got relegated, and his average rating was comfortably below a 7. Juve didn't even consider keeping him as a backup last summer.

Because Napoli had considered buying Enzo after his loan spell. 

Transfermarkt valuations aren’t real. 

• Like 1

With Barkley now confirmed, our midfield looks like:

2024/25: McGinn, Tielemans, Ramsey, Kamara, Barrenechea, Barkley - Surplus: Dendoncker, Chambers

2023/24: Luiz, McGinn, Tielemans, Ramsey, Kamara, Dendoncker, Iroegbunam, Chambers.

Feel like we are one player away from having a balanced midfield, with plenty of rotation and not as big a drop in quality.

Edited by duke313

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

2024/25: McGinn, Tielemans, Ramsey, Kamara, Barrenechea, Barkley - Surplus: Dendoncker, Chambers

2023/24: Luiz, McGinn, Ramsey, Kamara, Dendoncker, Iroegbunam, Chambers.

Feel like we are one player away from having a balanced midfield, with plenty of rotation and not as big a drop in quality.

That midfield needs 2 starting quality for a top 6 team players and the surplus to go.

We all know McGinn doesn’t play CM anymore,

We all know Tielemans is better in a more advanced role

Ramsey plays on the left and Barkley isn’t to be trusted 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, paul514 said:

That midfield needs 2 starting quality for a top 6 team players and the surplus to go.

We all know McGinn doesn’t play CM anymore,

We all know Tielemans is better in a more advanced role

Ramsey plays on the left and Barkley isn’t to be trusted 

McGinn is a midfielder, wide centre is all the same.

Tielemans played in the pivot v Arsenal and was excellent

Ramsey is a midfielder, wide centre is all the same.

It would appear Emery has trust enough in Barkley to sign him on a permanent deal.

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

2023/24: Luiz, McGinn, Ramsey, Kamara, Dendoncker, Iroegbunam, Chambers.

We had Tielemans last season too. Agree  we are a player away. Given Kamara's absence though, think we should be targeting a player that is somewhere in between him and Dougie (I.e. better defensive qualities than Dougie), but could form a partnership  with him when he comes back. No idea who that would be

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

We had Tielemans last season too. Agree  we are a player away. Given Kamara's absence though, think we should be targeting a player that is somewhere in between him and Dougie (I.e. better defensive qualities than Dougie), but could form a partnership  with him when he comes back. No idea who that would be

Forgot to add him to last seasons. Yeah, I can see us going for someone like that.

This must be the most early business we've ever done? Understandable with the June PSR deadline of course. Good to have most of our business done early though. I'd still like to see either a new CB and/or RB, feel that was our weak area last season.

14 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

we are a player away. Given Kamara's absence though, think we should be targeting a player that is somewhere in between him and Dougie (I.e. better defensive qualities than Dougie), but could form a partnership  with him when he comes back. No idea who that would be

Agree, Gallagher is one. Or pay Juventus 50m for Luiz.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, villan95 said:

This must be the most early business we've ever done? Understandable with the June PSR deadline of course. Good to have most of our business done early though. I'd still like to see either a new CB and/or RB, feel that was our weak area last season.

Think we did Kamara quite early.

Â