Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

According to the BBC (link below) Spurs have agreed a £30m - £40m fee  for Archie Gray which "is believed to be enough to make Leeds compliant with profit and sustainability rules". Interest from Chelsea and Liverpool mentioned, but not us this time. So, the EFL PSR deadline wasn't yesterday then? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c035zp1pj10o

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

That’s still a rather large squad…

more so when we can only register 21 players + Ramsey and Archer as team trained players for the Champions league. 

As that squad is now, 2 players are being dropped. 4 if Nedeljković and Boubs are part of the squad too

I thought it was a squad of 25 (list A) for the CL with 4 club trained and 4 associate trained players included?

If we keep both Kesler-Hayden and Sinisalo, they’d qualify as club trained I believe. Therefore we’d have 7 out of the eight so would be allowed a squad of 24 in total (17 + 4 + 3)

Also, a load of our new signings qualify for the unlimited list B (born on or after 1/1/03).

Assuming Chambers, Hause, Donk, etc are gone we’ve got 2-3 slots available in that 24 man squad, more if we sell Cash, Digne/Moreno, Carlos, etc.

Plenty of talk West Ham are going to bid for Duran. 

We won't be selling him cheap.

Not sure they have many cards to play in swaps.

Would they swap Alvarez? Doubt it.

Soucek could be useful but will be after a retirement contract and is on the slide.

If he can't get on with Emery he will fall out with Lopetegui immediately.

It's irritating because he is in the perfect place right now. You big dafty Jhon.

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Plenty of talk West Ham are going to bid for Duran. 

We won't be selling him cheap.

Not sure they have many cards to play in swaps.

Would they swap Alvarez? Doubt it.

Soucek could be useful but will be after a retirement contract and is on the slide.

If he can't get on with Emery he will fall out with Lopetegui immediately.

It's irritating because he is in the perfect place right now. You big dafty Jhon.

Jarrod Bowen!? That would be nice.

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Jarrod Bowen!? That would be nice.

Haha, yes it would. I think they'd probably ask for Martinez and Duran if we wanted Bowen.

Alvarez is the best we could do IMO. A decent player who can fill a few roles we're short of at the moment. He's hopefully done his PL adjusting as well now.

I don't want to sell Duran unless we get a good player or good money back. We can't do another Luiz gamble this summer. Maybe one a year is worth it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Haha, yes it would. I think they'd probably ask for Martinez and Duran if we wanted Bowen.

Alvarez is the best we could do IMO. A decent player who can fill a few roles we're short of at the moment. He's hopefully done his PL adjusting as well now.

I don't want to sell Duran unless we get a good player or good money back. We can't do another Luiz gamble this summer. Maybe one a year is worth it.

Alvarez would be a decent shout.  Would fill the void until Kamara is back and is an upgrade on Donck.

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Can’t see us doing any swappsies with West Ham or any other club now.  That was all part of the PER bondoogle, July is time for strengthening with    starters, not cast offs. 

That said, if West Ham want to give us 40M in cash for Duran they’d be very welcome to him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

still lower than what’s expected.
I’d say both are £20m players
and Doug is a £60m player 

Still the same £20m ish difference 

but it all being lower, helps to have thinner amortisation. 

but yeah, puts the emphasis on getting the real value back when we sell them. What I feel we get that lost £20m from Enzo alone and probably more than that from Sam. 

As I have said transfermarkt value the two at 20m combined. That is 13m for Iling-Jr and 7m for Barrenechea. Now I know transfermarkt aren't official valuers, but they are independent of leagues and clubs and are generally pretty accurate in most cases.

Your 20m each is all in your head. Iling-Jr had 1 year left on his contract. Barrenechea has only had one season in Italy for a team that got relegated, and his average rating was comfortably below a 7. Juve didn't even consider keeping him as a backup last summer.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, burchy said:

I thought it was a squad of 25 (list A) for the CL with 4 club trained and 4 associate trained players included?

If we keep both Kesler-Hayden and Sinisalo, they’d qualify as club trained I believe. Therefore we’d have 7 out of the eight so would be allowed a squad of 24 in total (17 + 4 + 3)

Also, a load of our new signings qualify for the unlimited list B (born on or after 1/1/03).

Assuming Chambers, Hause, Donk, etc are gone we’ve got 2-3 slots available in that 24 man squad, more if we sell Cash, Digne/Moreno, Carlos, etc.

New signings don't qualify for UEFA List B. List B is for club trained U21 players only. The likes of Samuel Iling-Junior, Lewis Dobbin, Jhon Duran, Lino Sousa, Kosta Nedeljkovic would all have to be registered as one of our 21 on UEFA List A if we want them to be eligible for the Champions League.

17 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Yes, let's make, checks notes, the nation of Qatar an offer they can't refuse.

Never understood this negative approach.

We not allowed to buy off PSG?

We are in , probably, the best position as a club we have ever been. Good team, good manager, more importantly very ambitious owners. If ever there was a time we could buy off PSG, it is now

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

As I have said transfermarkt value the two at 20m combined. That is 13m for Iling-Jr and 7m for Barrenechea. Now I know transfermarkt aren't official valuers, but they are independent of leagues and clubs and are generally pretty accurate in most cases.

Your 20m each is all in your head. Iling-Jr had 1 year left on his contract. Barrenechea has only had one season in Italy for a team that got relegated, and his average rating was comfortably below a 7. Juve didn't even consider keeping him as a backup last summer.

Transfermarkt is as fictitious as my estimate 

ratings are a skewed system. Most often favourable to goals, assists and time on the ball. DMs always look poor 

7 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Transfermarkt valued Kellyman and 1m, pretty sure the clubs arent using that to value their players.

Â