Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

28 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Worth mentioning that the club statement mention Illing as a player "comfortable playing anywhere on the left flank".

With that in mind it may be a crumb of a clue that we could play a back three

Go back to 5-3-2 like 95-96 with Sir Brian. I would be happy with another 4th and a League Cup.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JPAngel said:

It's beginning to feel like the value clubs are paying for players is irrelevant at this point. The total fee is only serving to balance the books now and has no bearing on what the player is actually worth.

Hopefully we'll see £30m+ bids for Chambers and Dendoncker then 😉

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

So at the moment we likely have the below (assume Donk sold and Kamara missing time)

spacer.png

Obvious gaps imo, particularly in midfield

• DM ( Kamara understudy)
  • CB, maybe X2 if Mings is off the pace and Konsa is still deemed a RB
  • RB, obviously
  • Striker: Archer/Duran replacement
  • 8, need a Dougie replacement. 

I'd probably have that as my priority order as well to be honest. It's a risk having Dougies replacement further down the priority but Tielemans/Barkley/McGinn/Ramsey should be able to cover it *IF* the DM next to them is up to snuff. If Kamara is due back soon, I'd push Dougies replacement further up the priority

It would appear Tielemans was signed last season to replace Doug this season.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

But neither are here to replace him so maybe wait for his replacement before judging the impact of his departure 

The deal isn't a good one as it relies on two development players becoming good enough to make the deal a good one. Luiz's replacement is irrelevant.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Time will tell I guess, but if your first instinct is to think this about our recruitment team’s judgement then respectfully I suggest that you will probably be a little wide of the mark with this statement.

I think we have a very good recruitment team. But even the best make mistakes.

For what it's worth I really like the profiles of Barrenechea and Iling-Jr, they cover positions we need covering, fit the type of player needed for our style. However the reality is both players are not first team ready, and not even prem ready. Anything can happen with their development.

The deal is a huge risk, we are gambling known top quality, for potential.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm excited. I hope we will get Guendouzi who i really rate, or someone similar, which means Luiz could be being replaced by a mix of Barkley, Barrenechea and Guendouzi (or other) which leaves us with a much better midfield in my opinion and something i am more than happy with.

Sort out and either sell and replace Duran,  Sign a better Number 2 GK, Sign Hermosa on a free, and one of the 2 x RB's weve been linked with or both if we are selling Cash, (Saud Abdulhamid from the Saudi league, or Kayode) and we would have a hell of a squad for next season. 

59 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

So at the moment we likely have the below (assume Donk sold and Kamara missing time)

spacer.png

Obvious gaps imo, particularly in midfield

• DM ( Kamara understudy)
  • CB, maybe X2 if Mings is off the pace and Konsa is still deemed a RB
  • RB, obviously
  • Striker: Archer/Duran replacement
  • 8, need a Dougie replacement. 

I'd probably have that as my priority order as well to be honest. It's a risk having Dougies replacement further down the priority but Tielemans/Barkley/McGinn/Ramsey should be able to cover it *IF* the DM next to them is up to snuff. If Kamara is due back soon, I'd push Dougies replacement further up the priority

That’s still a rather large squad…

more so when we can only register 21 players + Ramsey and Archer as team trained players for the Champions league. 

As that squad is now, 2 players are being dropped. 4 if Nedeljković and Boubs are part of the squad too

Edited by CarryOnVilla

12 minutes ago, carlitobrigante said:

I'm excited. I hope we will get Guendouzi who i really rate, or someone similar, which means Luiz could be being replaced by a mix of Barkley, Barrenechea and Guendouzi (or other) which leaves us with a much better midfield in my opinion and something i am more than happy with.

That midfield be a downgrade for me unless brought in a classy ball midfielder

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It would appear Tielemans was signed last season to replace Doug this season.

Perhaps, but I hope not as Tielemans is not consistent enough and often has his best games further forward than Dougie. But yeah you're right it's certainly possible

31 minutes ago, carlitobrigante said:

I hope we will get Guendouzi who i really rate

Surely you are joking?  God no!

At least that won’t happen with Lazio activating his £12m buy option at the end of April.  Guendouzi would struggle to even get a place on our bench with the other players we have.

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

Barrenechea and Iling-Jr combined have a transfermarkt valuation of £20m or 25m euros. Luiz's is £70m. But for arguments sake let's say Luiz is Worth £60m. That's a £40m difference. The cash we received is 20m. That's 20m or 33% less than doug is worth.

Doug is a champions league quality player, the two young lads we have got in exchange are at best lower half to the premier league standard, that can become champions league quality. However they may not reach that standard. 

The reality of this deal is that we are banking on at least one of these lads to become a 60m pound player for this transfer to be worthwhile. Do not forget we don't know how long or if either ever reach Luiz's level. 

Juve have probably pulled our pants down.

Who says that's their valuation?

1 minute ago, zak said:

Who says that's their valuation?

According to the BBC Enzo is 8m euros, plus 3m euro in potential add ons. Iling-Jr is 14m euros, with 3m euros in potential add ons. That is a max of 28m euros (25m pounds), or a minimum of 22m euros or (19.5m pounds.

Is it a loan? I don’t know?

or do we just break the contract?

🤷‍♂️

Coutinho and his representatives understood with Aston Villa that the loan would be the best option for the deal with Vasco to flow.

One year of contract with Cruz-Maltino, as friends Aline Nastari and Gilmar Ferreira announced.

Vasco will have priority in a possible purchase or a new loan for Brazilian clubs, if Coutinho “breaks out” and is sold during the loan year to a club abroad, the hill giant will have the right to showcase.

Hill giant? 😆 

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

According to the BBC Enzo is 8m euros, plus 3m euro in potential add ons. Iling-Jr is 14m euros, with 3m euros in potential add ons. That is a max of 28m euros (25m pounds), or a minimum of 22m euros or (19.5m pounds.

still lower than what’s expected.
I’d say both are £20m players
and Doug is a £60m player 

Still the same £20m ish difference 

but it all being lower, helps to have thinner amortisation. 

but yeah, puts the emphasis on getting the real value back when we sell them. What I feel we get that lost £20m from Enzo alone and probably more than that from Sam. 

2 players for each position looking tasty:

(Watkins, Archer/Duran) (Rogers, Buendia)
(Iling Jr, Ramsey) (Kamara, Barrenechea) (Tielemans, McGinn) (Bailey, Diaby)
(Maatsen, Digne) (Pau, Mings) (Konsa, Carlos) (Cash, Nedeljkovic)
(Martinez, Gauci)

Plenty of room for cover/alternate line-ups. Sell Hause, Chambers, Moreno, Dendoncker, Coutinho. Loan out Sousa, Kesler-Hayden and Dobbin.

11 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

You realise the values of Dougie, Enzo and Iling-Jnr are fudging the deal to benefit both parties?  So these values you quote are the financials of the deal but not their valuations just as Dougie is not £40m+ as said in that sale.  The only value that is of note and real is the value net cash amount, the rest is just fudging.

Surely you can see that?

• Like 2

Â