Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, zak said:

Ok but then do you think the talented young players are actually worth £18m for both of them, or is that a steal? You can't look at the deals independently.

It’s a steel, I’d say Barrenecea is a €20-25 player and Iling Jr is about €20m

• Like 1

Just now, zak said:

Ok but then do you think the talented young players are actually worth £18m for both of them, or is that a steal? You can't look at the deals independently.

If for example you thought they were worth £15m each. That would make Luiz worth c.£54m

14th biggest sale from a premier league club to a non-prem club in history. Most the transfers above him are the famous transfers to Madrid and Barca in the last two decades.

It's good money I guess although in the current market £42mil feels like daylight robbery in isolation. These two incoming players are probably squad players but will be viewed as swaps for Dougie and have to begin living up to those expectations, especially if we get injuries and they're into the side quickly. Bailey, Ings and Buendia were for a couple years after Grealish went. I don't think stadium fans will be on their back but expect twitter fans to be ridiculous 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, skarroki said:

14th biggest sale from a premier league club to a non-prem club in history. Most the transfers above him are the famous transfers to Madrid and Barca in the last two decades.

It's good money I guess although in the current market £42mil feels like daylight robbery in isolation. These two incoming players are probably squad players but will be viewed as swaps for Dougie and have to begin living up to those expectations, especially if we get injuries and they're into the side quickly. Bailey, Ings and Buendia were for a couple years after Grealish went. I don't think stadium fans will be on their back but expect twitter fans to be ridiculous 

Swaps in the transfer world but we will be searching for a replacement over the course of the summer we shouldn’t rush that decision either 

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

he prob isnt performing at his best, but is that because he has dropped off?, or because he has been in loan limbo for the last couple of years?, could Emery get the best out of him?.....who knows.

Last season he got 16 goals/assists in 2163mins (24 games equivalent), so a goal or assist contribution every 1.5 games, doesnt sound too bad?, especially if we consider that underperforming?

I agree it could be a risk, and probably a completely unrealistic signing.

He is not worth the fee and wages, better options that don’t live up their own arse

1 hour ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

I'll say it again.....I would be all over Spains No8 Fabian Ruiz. Ideal for us

Yes, let's make, checks notes, the nation of Qatar an offer they can't refuse.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Yes, let's make, checks notes, the nation of Qatar an offer they can't refuse.

If Monchi isn't signing all the players that look good in a Euro match hours after they've played, he needs sacking

Â