Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, Pongo Waring said:

What the hell are we doing letting spurs get Gray and AC get Forfana. 

Is it that the selling clubs might want the deal done today and PSR leaves us unable to spend today?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I'm happy with the talented young players coming in from Juve, but £42.5m for Luiz is an absolute bargain. That fee should be at least 60m. 

But it's artificially low, as are the fees for incoming players.

Big boys sat around a table and worked it all out. We have maximised overall value for, not just the player sale, but the related expenses (Man Citeh clause, taxes etc.) and reduced incoming PSR burden, which will benefit from this time next year.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As Jamaicans.

We generally prefer those dimensions in width, highly gullible and with a British or American citizenship in the pipeline is a bonus 👀

Haha my mate at work is exactly like that  He's got his British wife and another woman pregnant at the same time as well to make extra sure he's laying down his roots sufficiently.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Barcelona not signing felix. Wonder how long until we are linked with him.

Chelsea didnt want him, athletico dont want him and barcelona dont want him. How his stock has fallen

Was he ever much good? Vastly over priced, presumably due to corruption, when he signed for Athletico. Decent player, but not worth big money. 

18 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I'm happy with the talented young players coming in from Juve, but £42.5m for Luiz is an absolute bargain. That fee should be at least 60m. 

Realistically, how many clubs outside the PL have that spending power? Better to have sold him to Juve than Arsenal for £50m.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Tubby said:

But it's artificially low, as are the fees for incoming players.

Big boys sat around a table and worked it all out. We have maximised overall value for, not just the player sale, but the related expenses (Man Citeh clause, taxes etc.) and reduced incoming PSR burden, which will benefit from this time next year.

Good points you've made around about this.

Would you agree that we're starting from a poor deal, which could improve to a decent one, then a good one?

It's all around these guys coming in.

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Barcelona not signing felix. Wonder how long until we are linked with him.

Chelsea didnt want him, athletico dont want him and barcelona dont want him. How his stock has fallen

i think he would be a superb signing (under Emery).

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Has he actually done anything since Chelsea? Or is he still living off reputation?

Genuine question.

he prob isnt performing at his best, but is that because he has dropped off?, or because he has been in loan limbo for the last couple of years?, could Emery get the best out of him?.....who knows.

Last season he got 16 goals/assists in 2163mins (24 games equivalent), so a goal or assist contribution every 1.5 games, doesnt sound too bad?, especially if we consider that underperforming?

I agree it could be a risk, and probably a completely unrealistic signing.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

Ok but then do you think the talented young players are actually worth £18m for both of them, or is that a steal? You can't look at the deals independently.

Â