Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

With a player Gray's age there can be such a thing as them being over used, something that has been suggested was the case at times for him last season, as such a move to us or Spurs, might not be such a bad idea from his point of view, as would perhaps give him the balance of not playing too much but also not playing hardly at all, if we were to sign him could come in as McGinn rotation option with scope to get minutes in other areas too

• Like 1

I think I’ve come up with a new money making idea for the club. 

Buy the Archie Gray’s from Championship clubs at reasonable prices, loan them back with promotion clauses of £15/20m more than the purchase price. 

So it’s a gamble on themselves, what keeps the peace with the fans. Yet Villa will always win, we either get a top prospect with more experience or an extra £20m for doing nothing. 

The reverse Archer 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

There had been rumour that the Gray family were going to cut ties with them over the sale and that Farke was also threatending to quit, Leeds fans in meltdown because they think they're too huge of a club to be selling one of the best players and biggest prospects in year to Brenftord. We're still hovering according to reports, but so too are Chelsea and Spurs. Still feels unlikely move for us, as such a lot of money for what would be a squad player initially, when we need to spend on first team, and so many other clubs are going to be interested, if we could somehow make it happen would be a top siging though

Chelsea lol...I could see Gray at Spurs, fits their model and he also finished the season at Leeds playing at RB so could be an interesting signing if we're moving on Cash in the next 12 months.

I can't say he wowed me when I saw him for Leeds but clearly given he's showing good form in two different positions at such a young age that's where the hype is coming from and never did Milner any harm when he was playing similar for Leeds 20 years ago.

On 28/06/2024 at 10:20, Jas10 said:

I have the ideal player for @TRO

Peter Crouch also had good feet for a big man....it can happen, but not very often.

On a serious note.....I am genuinely attracted to Centre Forwards between 6'1- 6'4 after that, they can get a bit gangly.....if they have a knack for headers like Jota, I can live with his stature, but they are harder to find.

However, headed goals are still a significant part of the game.....and to miss out on such actions, is disappointing imo.....Goals change games as we all know, and set pieces are a huge element of the modern game... to not be well equipped to meet crosses, is a negative imv

when we are struggling to break teams down, or are just off it a bit.....A random header, can change the mood, and raise/inject the belief.

They say, that c17% of all goals scored are headers, thats a significant number to make any manager interested.....even these Euro's have registered quite a few.

I am all for having at least one, taller forward to join our squad ( for balance) but he would have to have the necessary skill set on the floor too.

I may stand corrected, but we haven't been particularly good in the air, in any dep't of our team, since Mings has been out.

Go find one Monchi.

Edited by TRO

Â