Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Cracking player Gray, just not sure he’s what we need right now?

If we bought him it would be to flip him for profit in a couple of years. Don't get excited about young players we buy they aren't for our first team

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Cracking player Gray, just not sure he’s what we need right now?

ye, we need 2-3 players who will come right in and improve us.

Depends how much money we have in the coffers i guess.

2 minutes ago, Rodders said:

If we bought him it would be to flip him for profit in a couple of years. Don't get excited about young players we buy they aren't for our first team

I know Archie is a little younger. But Rogers has done well, Duran has been given opportunity, Kamara was signed at 22yo, Dougie had just turned 21 when he signed, Bailey & Diaby I think were both 23.

Again, appreciate some of these aren't "young" but even with our changing strategy under Monchi & Unai, if you're good enough, you're old enough.

I do appreciate that teenagers are less likely to get a look in, there's no denying that our strategy has changed since we signed Iroegbunam, Wilson etc and gave new contracts to KKH, Archer et al. It's a real shame.

But our standing in the game has changed in that time too, and regulations have real consequences now. But I still think standout players, who have proven themselves, have a opportunity here at Villa, young or not

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

ye, we need 2-3 players who will come right in and improve us.

Depends how much money we have in the coffers i guess.

Feel like we’ve already added (enough?) to the squad and will have options… will have to invest in CF backup if Duran moves on, might need to check on the GK situation too…

But, now I wanna see starting CL level players (like Maatsen) who can come into and further improve that first 11… not many needed but a further injection of quality would be lovely.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Feel like we’ve already added (enough?) to the squad and will have options… will have to invest in CF backup if Duran moves on, might need to check on the GK situation too…

But, now I wanna see starting CL level players (like Maatsen) who can come into and further improve that first 11… not many needed but a further injection of quality would be lovely.

I think as forwards we need

Watkins, Buendia, Diaby and a New player to replace Duran 

We then have JJ, Rogers, Bailey and our new pair Iling Junior and Dobbin for wide spots

Tielemans, Barkley, McGinn, Kamara (when back) and a new signing for CM with Barrenechea for the central spots. McGinn and new signing being versatile players.

Then fullbacks we've got Maatsen and Digne. Cash or his replacement and Nedeljkovic.

Central defence. Pau, Mings, Konsa and Carlos or a replacement and we'll bring on Hermoso.

Martinez, Zyech and Olsen/Gauci for GK

So 27 players in total there. Kamara won't get registered for CL first stage. Dobbin either. Zyech doesn't take a place as u21. Probably not put Nedeljkovic in either as Konsa would play RB. 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

we dont have a proven DM, Barrenchaea might be amazing, but we are in a position again of having 1 DM, i would want another top level DM, so we can bed Enzo in steadily.

Barkley and Tielemans might be ok for the other CM position, so maybe just 1 needed.

Dunno, will have to see what our transfer business is i guess.

21 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think as forwards we need

Watkins, Buendia, Diaby and a New player to replace Duran 

We then have JJ, Rogers, Bailey and our new pair Iling Junior and Dobbin for wide spots

Tielemans, Barkley, McGinn, Kamara (when back) and a new signing for CM with Barrenechea for the central spots. McGinn and new signing being versatile players.

Then fullbacks we've got Maatsen and Digne. Cash or his replacement and Nedeljkovic.

Central defence. Pau, Mings, Konsa and Carlos or a replacement and we'll bring on Hermoso.

Martinez, Gauchi and Olsen for GK

So 27 players in total there. Kamara won't get registered for CL first stage. Dobbin either 

We seem fine for attacking players and goalscorers (Bailey and Diaby are always gonna contribute)… will have to replace Duran though. Ollie cannot be our only CF. Hope we get a decent fee for Archer.

Can’t see Dobbin as a proper first team player or heavily involved… either a sub or goes on loan. Too much competition and better players in front of him.

I’d be more than happy for us to add another creative and/or attacking player… Baena would be ace. But it doesn’t feel like a priority.

Possibly add more creativity to the side (one of the big things we will miss by losing Dougie).

Get the central midfield balance right, a mix of creative/attacking ability and physicality/steel… defensive prowess. I’m not thinking too much about Bouba as he’s going to be out for a while and we can’t just wait around for him and allow ourselves to be much weaker. Games will come thick and fast. Big boost when he returns though.

Yep, RB spot needs addressing and resolving. Cash going for a good fee gives us more opportunity and freedom to strengthen.

I can see both Moreno (who I’ve always preferred) and Digne leaving. Maatsen with probably Iling-Jr backing him up or we sometimes switch it up and go with someone like Hermoso there when we want to go more defensive on that side.

Carlos will probably go, he just can’t stay fit or consistent enough. We could do with a really dominant and aggressive (also great in the air) CB… I liked the link to Araujo, for instance. Someone like that. Will be great to have Mings back but it’s a wait and see as to how he will fare and the condition he will be in or maintain…

We need a good second choice keeper… Olsen is not that and a frightening prospect, esp in big or tough CL games. A bit of a concern how Emi seems to be picking up the occasional strain.

Edited by Jas10

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

we dont have a proven DM, Barrenchaea might be amazing, but we are in a position again of having 1 DM, i would want another top level DM, so we can bed Enzo in steadily.

Barkley and Tielemans might be ok for the other CM position, so maybe just 1 needed.

Don’t disagree… maybe we could sort out a really good loan deal. Barkley may cover there too but I don’t have much faith in his defensive skills.

Again, we don’t want to repeat the situation of players constantly having to shift positions (and move from where they play best or thrive) and fill in. Not sure that is all that sustainable either.

No, I don’t think we have a good or creative CM other than Tielemans (if he can stay fit and consistent). We need a superb passer of the ball who helps us control games and who is unflustered in possession. Super technique.

We need better than “OK”.

18 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Enzo might be rated higher than you think, someone in his thread posted his Serie A season stats and they really weren't far off Kamara's. And Italy is statistically the strongest league in the world at this moment. 

46 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think it's probably fair to say that what we've done so far has been to strengthen our buying position rather than to strengthen our squad. 

I think we now need to press on and improve ourselves, particularly in the middle of the park, and I'm veery hopeful that we will.

Yes the sales help but I don’t agree myself, we’ve strengthened the squad under PSR restrictions DM, LB & LMF and weakened CM with the sale of Dougie… 

We can now look to strengthen the first team now we’re not bound by it … Fantastic manoeuvring by Monchi & Co

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

Â