Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Gundogan would be a great signing…

he’s not, or much more than, a “dusty old baller” 😂

Could really help us out… but I don’t think he’d be interested and would want big wages so… forget it 😂

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Could really help us out… but I don’t think he’d be interested and would want big wages so… forget it 😂

Man’s a dusty old baller. We don’t need no DOB’s.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 appearances (5 goals, 14 assists) for Barca last season, 51 appearances (11 goals, 7 assists) for City the season before. 33 is not that old either…

CL and multiple trophy winning experience and nous… playing in the Euros (1 goals and 2 assists so far). Stays fit and healthy, constantly contributes. Nothing like Coutinho. Would also be worthy of taking the captaincy or leadership from McGinn and showing us the way…

Would be such an asset and bring so much knowledge, nous, professionalism and an even higher setting of standards… an inspiration.

Someone to help take us to the next level or two… would be a big boost to have a player like Gundogan at the club… not many of our players have played or succeeded at that level all that much… 

I think we could do with that kind of player…

Edited by Jas10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

My guy was no dusty old baller. He was just misunderstood. 

Body let him down, just couldn’t cope at this level.

All those shots over the bar against Stevenage was probably the final straw… lost the magic.

Edited by Jas10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Be a terrible signing this Euros his last hurra

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Be a terrible signing this Euros his last hurra

Ok, I give up… wouldn’t even take him for a season?

He’s by no means finished as a player. A lot to offer away from the pitch too..

Edited by Jas10

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Ok, I give up… wouldn’t even take him for a season?

He’s by no means finished as a player. A lot to offer away from the pitch too..

His wages would be the problem.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, QldVilla said:

His wages would be the problem.

Yeah, I don’t think it’s all that realistic or doable… but someone like that would be great for our team. Would be happy if we tried…

I’ll just go n give up on the idea now 😆

• Like 1

Just now, Jas10 said:

Yeah, I don’t think it’s all that realistic or doable… but someone like that would be great for our team. Would be happy if we tried…

I’ll just go n give up on the idea now 😆

He would be like an upgraded version of Young in the squad, experience, knowledge, ability etc. I agree with the sentiment, but also don't think Emery believes we need that in the squad.

Just now, QldVilla said:

He would be like an upgraded version of Young in the squad, experience, knowledge, ability etc. I agree with the sentiment, but also don't think Emery believes we need that in the squad.

Can you think of anyone else like that, we could possibly sign? A proper winner who’s been there and done that (esp in CL and can still play his part) would be really useful imo…

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Can you think of anyone else like that, we could possibly sign? A proper winner who’s been there and done that (esp in CL and can still play his part) would be really useful imo…

I agree to a point, just don't see him starting week in week out and mostly would be from the bench. The wages for sitting on the bench?? Would upset the squad and balanced against everything he would bring, it just doesn't balance out as a net positive.

Also, Emery is all about the tactics and he will find the right cog for far cheaper.

Â