Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

Still a top prospect. Just joined a club that’s completely lost at developing players. 

I have no bad blood with him 

We’re disagreeing on all fronts today…

spacer.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Might have been deemed too “high value” to be included in a swap deal… like Soule and possibly Chiesa.

Plus, they’re after Calafiori now.

They must have found some money down the back of a sofa. :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’d have him back, dare I say 

How Dare You 😡😡!. Do you all remember what you did when… | by AM Webtech  Pvt. Ltd | Medium Not for me, he made his choice and he will have to live with it. I hope he enjoys seeing us in the CL next season. ;)

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, John said:

They must have found some money down the back of a sofa. :rolleyes:

Right. Don’t they want €60M for him?! No way Juve has that spare, given their other activity. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Did you never ever rate him? Or are you in the betrayed camp like @John

I actually don’t have any strong feelings 😂

Happy with the fee we received. Suppose I don’t think he’s “all that” and certainly not a player we need… I’m happy with JJ. 

Only guy I felt betrayed by was JG, especially after the “my club, my home…” bullshit. And what came out afterwards and his off pitch antics… piss head.

I like the idea of, Carney didn’t wanna be here when we weren’t so great but we don’t want him and are too good for him now though 😂😂😂

Why should we help him and Chelsea? Sod em 😆

We need better and more useful midfielders than him anyway, if we sign anyone… I want it to be CL level players only now. We’ve already added to the squad.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Happy with the fee we received. Suppose I don’t think he’s “all that” and certainly not a player we need… I’m happy with JJ. 

Only guy I felt betrayed by was JG, especially after the “my club, my home…” bullshit. And what came out afterwards and his off pitch antics… piss head.

I like the idea of, Carney didn’t wanna be here when we weren’t so great but we don’t want him and are too good for him now though 😂😂😂

We need better and more useful midfielders than him anyway, if we sign anyone… I want it to be CL level players only now. We’ve already added to the squad.

Carney is a CL player imo, potential to be better than Luiz. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Carney is a CL player imo, potential to be better than Luiz. 

When we’re talking about needing a few more 8’s in the team then Carney would do that job just fine. Would also expect Unai to develop his game a lot. If we could get him back for 20M and a reasonable salary, why not? 

I’m surprised at the players that keep being compared to Dougie, none of them are the same style or profile.

A playmaker or orchestrator who is super comfortable on the ball and a pass-master…

the players that have been mentioned are mostly runners, dribblers, high energy/effort players or either completely defensive or completely attacking (and wouldn’t be played at CM)…

His passing ability and ease at creating chances seems to be being overlooked and underrated… we heavily relied on it.

Not one player who has been mentioned can do that ⬆️ not as well anyway.

Then we have his other capabilities such as set pieces, attacking threat as well as some defensive ability.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

When we’re talking about needing a few more 8’s in the team then Carney would do that job just fine. Would also expect Unai to develop his game a lot. If we could get him back for 20M and a reasonable salary, why not? 

We’d not get him for £20m and he’s already on £100k per week…so it’s a big fat no!

• Like 2

Not saying sign Carney, but a lot of you are very blinkered by the nature of his departure I feel. 

He was fantastic for Chelsea before his injury problems.

• Thanks 1

I want someone who can pass the ball as well as Luiz rather than just someone who runs with the ball and closes down the opposition…

We need (and I believe Unai demands) brilliant passers of the ball in our team.

We can add the high energy players too (similar to McGinn) but we need those silky skills and players that make us dominate, dictate and control play…

We’ve lost our main source of that. I’m a bit concerned that we could be less “aesthetically pleasing” in our play for the moment…  but I believe that fear will be allayed soon 💰 

Edited by Jas10

41 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Why should we help him and Chelsea? Sod em 😆

Fair.

I’m not fussed with his attitude when he was here. Impatient, but remained professional about it. So we got the move for him and he didn’t say anything bad about Villa. 

if we can get him cheaper than we sold him for and he’s chill with being behind a list of players and willing to work his way up. 

yeah get him in. 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

28 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

if we can get him cheaper than we sold him for and he’s chill with being behind a list of players and willing to work his way up. 

yeah get him in. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Â