Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

8 minutes ago, burchy said:

How about Archie Gray as Dougie’s replacement, his stats are pretty similar even now, played 44 times for Leeds last season and still only 17!

Doubt he'd come here knowing he had to face McGinn in training every day.......unless he fancies a revenge mission.

4 minutes ago, Dillon66 said:

Doubt he'd come here knowing he had to face McGinn in training every day.......unless he fancies a revenge mission.

Leeds would demand a lot and we can probably find better valuable outside the UK 

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I am intrigued to see if we go out and buy another CM to "replace" Dougie and if so, what type? A like for like or someone more defensive?

I genuinely believe we’re not going out to get an identical replacement. I have a hunch Emery wants a different approach to Villa’s midfield. Not sure what gives me that hunch as yet. Maybe how poor it looked without Boubs. 1 player out shouldn’t of made it that rubbish 

• Like 4

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

I genuinely believe we’re not going out to get an identical replacement. I have a hunch Emery wants a different approach to Villa’s midfield. Not sure what gives me that hunch as yet. Maybe how poor it looked without Boubs. 1 player out shouldn’t of made it that rubbish 

I think our approach next year is big lads playing ball. Plus Ian Maatsen running 15km a game.

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I cant say i know much about him.  Any good?

He’s going to be an elite player for Spain for years to come. He can shoot from distance and pick out a pass. A very typical number 10, he loves to dribble. He’s a very exciting talent and still only 22. Shame he took the Saudi money, but there’s a lot of talent there. 

• Thanks 1

Every single link or rumour and Luke Robinson makes a video i think he should wait to see if it has any legs before throwing these out as it lowers his credibility, but anyway have we actually launched a bid on Di Lorenzo ?  

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Every single link or rumour and Luke Robinson makes a video i think he should wait to see if it has any legs before throwing these out as it lowers his credibility, but anyway have we actually launched a bid on Di Lorenzo ?  

Gio that plays for Napoli? If so would be a smart short- medium term move.

1 hour ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Haha I’ve been busy recently and gone ghost from VT, still browsing but not posting so much due to work XD

Huh, doesn't stop 95% of the rest of this forum :crylaugh:

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I really hope not.  I think he's one of the worst RBs in the Euros.  Gives the ball away more than your average ballboy/girl at Wimbledon.  Cant' tackle.  Is invariably out of position and so makes very few interceptions.  Plus he's almost 31.  Massive step backwards from Cash.  An even bigger step back from Konsa at RB.  Would much rather just throw Ned in at the deep end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I could see this also.  I think Emery will mix things up with us in the CL now, so we won't necessarily need a like-for-like replacement for Luiz.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, allani said:

I really hope not.  I think he's one of the worst RBs in the Euros.  Gives the ball away more than your average ballboy/girl at Wimbledon.  Cant' tackle.  Is invariably out of position and so makes very few interceptions.  Plus he's almost 31.  Massive step backwards from Cash.  An even bigger step back from Konsa at RB.  Would much rather just throw Ned in at the deep end.

Fairs 🙌🏽 makes sense to look elsewhere in which case

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

I could see this also.  I think Emery will mix things up with us in the CL now, so we won't necessarily need a like-for-like replacement for Luiz.

It’s either going to be Gallagher or someone we will not expect. So far, judging by the window, we are looking at more height, strength and dynamism in positions. 

Â