Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Imagine the hypothetical: us or Everton did have to sell and Spurs deliberately lowballed either to get the deal. Would the League demand to see the correspondence, apply the FMV tests, and was it in good spirit? Absolutely not. These vultures are way more damaging to the game - but the league wants to threaten clubs doing their best to workaround badly written rules. 

I love this comparison and it’s exactly right.

16 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Orrrr Option 3. Sign all of them and best man wins the position. Plus, think of the depth!

Yeah, it's such a small-club mentality to think you have to cram everybody in. Depth is key to operating at close to 100% for the full season.

Big clubs have big benches. Villa have a big club ambitions and, to make the transition, need to adopt a big club mentality now, especially being in the Champions League.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dillon66 said:

Yep....

....and Roberto Carlos, Juninho (x2), Gascoigne, Lampard, Les Ferdinand and Andy Cole.....

Don’t forget Muzzy Izzet 😆 and the other River Plate players JG wanted.

Edited by Jas10

I do wonder who the big replacement will be luiz. He ia going to be a hard player to replace.

Need a statement signing in that position i think

I dont think barkley or gallagher are the answer tbh. Barkley will be good but he doesnt do what dougie does and either will gallagher

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I do wonder who the big replacement will be luiz. He ia going to be a hard player to replace.

Need a statement signing in that position i think

I dont think barkley or gallagher are the answer tbh. Barkley will be good but he doesnt do what dougie does and either will gallagher

To be honest I think the June preening will be the busiest bit of the window. I can see maybe 2-3 ‘big signings’ in July/August and that being it. Maybe the lad from Villarreal we have been linked with. 

3 minutes ago, burchy said:

How about Archie Gray as Dougie’s replacement, his stats are pretty similar even now, played 44 times for Leeds last season and still only 17!

If our rotation options wasn’t so stacked, I’d have him in. But I don’t think he’s quite ready to be our starter 

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

If our rotation options wasn’t so stacked, I’d have him in. But I don’t think he’s quite ready to be our starter 

If they’re good enough they’re old enough, he’d only get better. Would hate him to land at somewhere like Chelsea. 

Â