Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

53 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

😵‍💫 

Loan or termination? 🤷‍♂️

42 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

AFAIK his contract was terminated last week and it just has not been announced yet.

The termination will show as a loss on our balance sheet (as we're stumping up some of his remaining contract), hence why we're waiting until July first to officially process it.  If we didn't it would negatively impact our PSR position for this financial period.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Likely to be a superstar, only 22 as well. 

Italy's defence is going to be incredible in a year or so (the defence playing at the moment is pretty ropey out wide) - Donnarumma (25) Kayode (19) Bastone (25) Calafiori (22) Udogie (20).  That's got the potential to be one of the best back 5s in international football.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Likely to be a superstar, only 22 as well. 

4 minutes ago, allani said:

Italy's defence is going to be incredible in a year or so (the defence playing at the moment is pretty ropey out wide) - Donnarumma (25) Kayode (19) Bastone (25) Calafiori (22) Udogie (20).  That's got the potential to be one of the best back 5s in international football.

My boys know ball…

Would love to sign Calafiori but he seems set for Juve (grr… making great signings) and Bologna have a significant sell on percentage.

He’s class and only going to get better.

How about Scalvini? Poor guy misses Euros w injury.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, allani said:

Italy need midfielders and strikers… looking quite weak. Never known them to be at such a low level…

Just now, Jas10 said:

Italy need midfielders and strikers… looking quite weak. Never known them to be at such a low level…

Italy haven't had a good striker for a while now.  I think because all the kids wanted to be Del Piero or Totti.  I don't think the midfield is all that "off" - trouble is the fullbacks are both intent of giving the ball away and not tracking their man and there's very little goal threat up top.  With a solid defence, some genuine pace out wide and a natural goalscorer I think a couple of the midfielders would suddenly look a bit (potentially a lot) better.  Really need a genuine international striker and then the rest would follow.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Can any of the FFP expert on here explain what an arms length transaction is? I have no idea. 

Just imagine trying to interact with a bluenose but also trying to avoid the smell at the same time

Edited by Teale's 'tache
typo in my typo

13 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Can any of the FFP expert on here explain what an arms length transaction is? I have no idea. 

Any that is seen as disadvantagous to Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal or Spurs.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Not colluding with each other 

which is meaningless drivel, clubs collude with each other on loads of transfers.

Sky sports would refer to it as a carousel of transfers or waiting for the dominos to fall aka if x team sells this player then x team can buy y teams player and y team can buy z teams player etc.

Completely meaningless, no teeth what so ever 

• Like 1

Â