Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

4 minutes ago, calcifer said:

He would not come to us anyway, Coventry lad. Hates the Villa 😅

As someone said, he give me Deeney vibes, so that's a no from me...

And I hate him, the flat-headed gobshite. I don't want him anywhere near this club. He's not good enough, and I don't trust anybody who's head finishes an inch above his eyes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herman22 said:

That was the beginning of the end for Villa as we knew it.

Veering off-topic but I'd argue the first seeds were sown when Martin had his tantrum.

Back on topic; like the Maatsen deal, like the Kellyman deal, don't much like the Luiz deal but hope Emery can get the most out of it.

Intrigued to see what happens if Duran does go.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

We should go after Scalvini. Uber talented but young and can recover from his ACL tear with Mings while getting mentored by him.

A shame he got injured, was looking forward to seeing him in the Euros. For as weak as Italy’s squad is, they’ve lost a few of the better options due to injury and not selected others. Udogie, Tonali (banned), Berardi, even Zaniolo… didn’t pick Locatelli, Verratti, Spinazzola, Ricci.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I remember somebody on here ages ago recommending we go after Dalot this Summer. Coloured me curious at the time it did. 

But, should we? 

had a pretty good season. Doubt he goes unless someone is willing to pay through the nose. 

7 hours ago, jigen said:

For me, you can't start the season with the pair Enzo-Tielemans because this is a big downgrade compared to last season. And this year you have also the CL, than drain many energies (watch last year Newcastle). 

Good list of choices you suggested and spot on with us being weaker if we start with those too which is why we will certainly bring in another 

17 hours ago, Tayls said:

Still a selling club aren’t we, if we are supposedly following the Brighton model. If we have an opportunity to make £50m I don’t think we’d be turning it down…  just means we won’t have much of an opportunity to become attached to players anymore. 

No - not for me

Man City seem to sell more players than any other club - but on their terms. And they don't have a bloated squad.
Cole Palmer wanted to play more - so they sold him. Many think he was the signing of the season (not me), but City did OK without him. 

The best clubs know when to move players on.
Dougie had 2 years left, and apparently wouldn't sign a new deal. Time to get rid, and get a couple of younger prospects in, plus a pile of cash.

We appear to have gotten the best LB in the CL last season - and it's cost us an U23 player, and some of that cash. Fair enough for me.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Option 1: We sign Todibo and move Konsa to RB 

Option 2: We sign Kayode and move Konsa to CB

Thoughts??

Personally, Ezri is much better at centre back. I’d rather we have two full backs competing. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Leeroy said:

With respect to those clubs as I know you seem to love them, but they are small clubs punching above their weight. Maybe they are sustainable in terms of having a healthy balance sheet and buying low and selling high, and their scouting is something to admire, but players leave them to go to bigger clubs and they constantly have to replace big players. That’s not an attractive model. 

They are very well run but they don’t have the history, fanbase or prestige to do very much except have the odd good season then fall away. Brighton finished 6th, their highest finish ever, then sold their 2 best midfielders and regressed. Brentford had a fine season in which they finished 9th with nearly 60 points (also their best season ever) but were in a relegation battle last season.

The likelihood is both these teams will go the way of Southampton, Leicester or even us a few years ago, sell your best players, invest in mediocre ones, then have multiple relegation battles before going down. 

We are more like Newcastle - small compared to Man Utd and Liverpool but just as big as Spurs, Man City and Chelsea historically (arguably bigger than the latter two clubs). We have just had a couple of decades of rubbish on the pitch. Both clubs have owners happy to invest, take losses to grow the club, and not sell key players, but are held back by PSR. Don’t think either club is unsustainable but needs more income to achieve their lofty ambitions of competing for the best players. 

If we try to follow the Brighton or Brentford model, we will not get very far because constantly having to replace key players is very difficult to do. 

Id say if anything we are bigger than Spurs but not Chelsea with Man City it’s a toss up, we also are the longest most successful club in history for silverware and that isnt changing for now because of how long that period lasted, so Aston Villa whether we have fallen massively since or not are still in that top bracket, alot of our fans may not look to the past which is understandable but if they realise how gigantic we once was they may view things different and that is completely fine if one is unaware.

Our rich history gives me the optimism about our future, we shouldn’t feel any of these clubs are superior United and Liverpool included as i said we have reigned at the top for the longest ❤️

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Personally, Ezri is much better at centre back. I’d rather we have two full backs competing. 

I agree but this Todibo looks the business id hate to miss out on him 

Edited by RicRic
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â