Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Just now, Jas10 said:

I’m desperate for us to sell Dendoncker and worried we’re not going to get much interest or anything approaching a decent fee.

What a terrible signing.

Id happily swap him for another team’s squad player. Like a position we need a squad player or maybe a multiple positional player

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I am guessing it'll end up being a loan with an option to buy.

😬

Well it better be somewhere he’ll actually play… rather than sit on the bench all the time 🤦‍♂️

Would even 5/6m do? Just get rid, somewhere, somehow. Why oh why do we, so often,  give big wages to mediocre players? Hopefully that’s over now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Id happily swap him for another team’s squad player. Like a position we need a squad player or maybe a multiple positional player

Yeah, same here. If we could include him in another swap deal… but it doesn’t seem like anyone’s interested and even Everton have moved on to other targets. His value and “recognition” have plummeted…

No one’s gonna pay him what we have either… utterly stupid. 

25 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

‘kin’ hell, they’re all at it now!!

Swapsies!

£40m & Wan-Bissaka or £50m with Wan Bissaka & Lindelof? :D Let's offer Everton £45m cash & really annoy Manchester United!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I’m desperate for us to sell Dendoncker and worried we’re not going to get much interest or anything approaching a decent fee.

What a terrible signing.

Not that terrible, helped us in our run back to Europe. That season he was ok, but last season there was a bigger transform in our approach so he wouldn’t have been able to cope with it. Might’ve been easier to offload him last season. But I still think we can get something from him, 4-6m possibly. That would be ok after being here 2 seasons and leave for half of his price.

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He will probably flop in England unless in the right system. He is hopeless in the air

Becoming less and less important for a centre half that. Look at Pau.

As long as you have a few big lads in the team, you can deal with set-pieces with good coaching.

5 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Exactly… they soon stop criticising it, and start praising it. Particularly when a trade goes well for a big club. 

“pep is a genius”

"Clever accounting"

"Showing why they're smarter than other clubs"

"Here is an article on why what Man City/United/Liverpool/Arsenal/Spurs have achieved with their swap deal is completely fine but Aston Villa are dirty cheats"

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

As long as you have a few big lads in the team, you can deal with set-pieces with good coaching.

Yeah but we conceded a lot from set pieces last season. Todibo and Pau next to Maatsen and Konsa would give me nightmares next season 😂

1 minute ago, StewieGriffin said:

"Clever accounting"

"Showing why they're smarter than other clubs"

"Here is an article on why what Man City/United/Liverpool/Arsenal/Spurs have achieved with their swap deal is completely fine but Aston Villa are dirty cheats"

It’s hard being first with a new idea. 

Villa are the radical fringe 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'm not sure if it's to do with how the game is now or just the way in which certain sides choose to defend, but an awful lot of the centre backs at the top teams in the world have a poor win percentage in the air. Liverpool with Van Dijk and Konate are a bit of an outlier, because at a glance all of them at City, Arsenal, Lverkusen, Madrid etc have similar numbers and they aren't really players you'd associate with being hopeless in the air. Given the build of Todibo I wouldn't be surprised if he were in a similar boat because I doubt he's getting bullied in the air every week by much smaller players.

• Like 1

Â