Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

So I just read the left back that was on loan at Nice (from Southampton) has agreed to join Betis. Which mean they don't need Moreno, but Nice do need a left back, and they wanted to take Digne on loan last season.

So maybe Digne plus cash for Tobido?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

So I just read the left back that was on loan at Nice (from Southampton) has agreed to join Betis. Which mean they don't need Moreno, but Nice do need a left back, and they wanted to take Digne on loan last season.

You big tease 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

That's a lot of domino's falling in place if so. Monchi, is that you?

Edited by RichiBoi11

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I was trying not to encourage you lot on the Weston " fatty " thread..

That ommission was by design 😂

Too late 😈

I personally don’t care about Mckennies physical appearance. Yet he’s a decent player who had a good season with Juve. 

but the idea that Enzo could be even better than that, is undoubtedly quite exciting 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Listening to a pod last night with a bloke who knows Italian football.

He says Iling Junior is a good player, but Barrenechea is the one to be excited about, in his opinion.

FTLOPM podcast with Neil? Nima?

Yeah it was good, he said something like Enzo is a hundreds times the player McKennie is 😆 and dissed Chelsea multiple times 😆

Yep, I’m excited about Barrenechea and he could give us what we lack, esp in a defensive sense, in midfield. May be genuine competition, as well as cover, for Bouba too…

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

What’s the quote, “Barrenechea is a better player than Weston McKennie has ever been or ever will be” 

59 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think he said 100 times the player Weston is or could ever be 🤣

Yep 😂 here’s what he said:

He's a deep lying kind of, that kind of a midfielder. He's very, very talented. He had a very good season at Frosinone and he's 100 million times the footballer that Western McKennie ever was, will be, and so you should count your lucky stars that you're getting this guy instead of Western McKennie.

Lovely stuff!

Said all the right things really 😆

Made me feel better about the deal a bit as well… even though it still seems like we let Dougie leave on the cheap,  but we may have acquired two young players whose values and ability will soar… so, might look a lot better down the line.

Defended us on the PSR bullshit n deals too.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I expect the Kellyman/Maatsen deals, plus the Luiz/Illong/Barrenechea deals to be announced this week - these make us safe for PSR I believe. 

Then it's June 30th, which is crucial, as everything from Monday is 'next year' - giving us 12 months to flog more youngsters.

In order to cancel Countinho, we'll take a hit on his book value - this will happen next week I suspect, when we can balance against his reduced wages for the year. Do it today, and we've got £m's to find for PSR. 
Barkley will probably be next week, as the fee  (£5m) is amortised across the contract, so it keeps in cleaner.

From there we might see some real movement. The club will have modelled our income and expenditure over the next 5 years so will be working on the headroom we have annually. 
It also means we can look at clearing the likes of Dendonker, who again we might need to take a hit on, so we will want in next year. 

I think we're gonna see a lot of announcements over the next couple of weeks. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

I think after getting Enzo that’s it for DM. But getting someone like Fofana/Luiz is what we need right now. They can play DM for the odd game, while being good CM in general. I think Enzo is going to start more games than people would expect, I don’t think he’ll be worse than our midfield end of last season.

I would’ve liked to get Ugarte on loan at the beginning of the window though, but right now it’s not a priority.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

I expect the Kellyman/Maatsen deals, plus the Luiz/Illong/Barrenechea deals to be announced this week - these make us safe for PSR I believe. 

Then it's June 30th, which is crucial, as everything from Monday is 'next year' - giving us 12 months to flog more youngsters.

In order to cancel Countinho

Well, what he he say/do to deserve this?

Â