Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

8 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I wonder if we will go for another CM? In Tielemans, Barkley, Kamara, Barrenechea and McGinn who can play as makeshift CM we are quite well stacked. Kamara is obviously not available for the first months so we would need some cover there, but if we bring in someone permanently we are almost too stacked at CM. Perhaps a loan would be a good idea? It also depends on what expectations we have on Barrenechea. If we see him as someone for the future and who needs time to bed in, then we definitely need another CM.

Another idea would be to test Ramsey as CM, I think he could do a good job there (also think he could be a RB solution). 

We have enough numbers, but the quality of those numbers is debatable. Tielemans and McGinn are better further up the pitch, but can both play in the 6. Barkley did well there for Luton but shouldn't be starting for a top club. Barrenechea no one knows how he will do, he's certainly not a sure thing. So out of all those players, only Kamara really excels as a 6 and he will miss half the season.

If we don't buy at least one top quality central midfielder then I think we are being irresponsible. And watching Gallagher last night I don't think he is the answer. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

We have enough numbers, but the quality of those numbers is debatable. Tielemans and McGinn are better further up the pitch, but can both play in the 6. Barkley did well there for Luton but shouldn't be starting for a top club. Barrenechea no one knows how he will do, he's certainly not a sure thing. So out of all those players, only Kamara really excels as a 6 and he will miss half the season.

If we don't buy at least one top quality central midfielder then I think we are being irresponsible. And watching Gallagher last night I don't think he is the answer. 

I agree on both points. Gallagher simply isn't a 6, so not the answer.i wouldn't use last night's performance as the reason to rule him out. Look how terrible Foden and Kane look. When you have a basic manager, the best performances possible are going to be basic.

• Like 1

no basis for this, and im sure his wages would be out of whack........... but rumours that Gundogan is gonna leave Barca, yeah hes getting old, but I think for a 1 or 2 year deal he'd be worth a shout........... still top quality midfielder with the kind of experience we'd need............. 

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Nah. That’s the kind of deal United or Barca do. Let’s forge our own path with younger, more dynamic players. We dont need no dusty old ballers on 200k a week 

Dave Angel - Roadman 

1969.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=

also, I agree. Aston Villa is not a retirement home or the last great pay check. 

dusty old ballers, get rekt

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

some people may say the same regarding the Dougie deal

I’m genuinely excited by Iling-Junior and I think Enzo will make a good backup. We did the best from it I feel. But others are welcome to disagree. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Nah. That’s the kind of deal United or Barca do. Let’s forge our own path with younger, more dynamic players. We dont need no dusty old ballers on 200k a week 

See, I think we do need some players with experience of winning trophies regularly and playing for bigger clubs if we want to be a club consistantly in the top four and competing for trophies ourselves. 

I think that is partly what cost Newcastle last season. 

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I’m genuinely excited by Iling-Junior and I think Enzo will make a good backup. We did the best from it I feel. But others are welcome to disagree. 

Listening to a pod last night with a bloke who knows Italian football.

He says Iling Junior is a good player, but Barrenechea is the one to be excited about, in his opinion.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He says Iling Junior is a good player, but Barrenechea is the one to be excited about, in his opinion.

Sounds like Juve wanted to keep him which is a good sign.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yes, I heard the same on "For the love of Paul McGrath" podcast, wasn't it?

• Thanks 1

On 24/06/2024 at 11:16, thunderball said:

We all love nostalgia, but I have doubts that he is even an Emery player? He definitely offers an different approach to Watkins which is great if Plan A isnt working, he is also tall which as a team needs addressing (and seemingly is being addressed)

churchill....oh yes.jpg

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Awol said:

Incoming:
Hermoso - free

Kayode - €20M

Todibo -€25M

Fofana - €25M

Baena - €35-40M

German beer striker dude - €30M 

Total rebuild for €135-140M 

Outs:

Yes.

We will either sign one or the other out of a CB or RB, sign a CB and move Konsa to RB or Sign a RB and move him back to CB but certainly not both, think we sign 3 more players, 

CB or RB
Central Mid   
Forward Player 

5 minutes ago, RicRic said:

We will either sign one or the other out of a CB or RB, sign a CB and move Konsa to RB or Sign a RB and move him back to CB but certainly not both, think we sign 3 more players, 

CB or RB
Central Mid   
Forward Player 

I agree on the RB or CB point, but think there will be a 4th signing too. This assumes Duran goes, and if he does there'll be two forwards signed.

38 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

There's no telling how well he'll adapt to a completely different environment and level of club, but everything I've heard and read about him from people that have actually seen him play has been pretty encouraging. Definitely doesn't fit in line with the narrative of Villa just being forced to accept "cast offs" from Juve.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What’s the quote, “Barrenechea is a better player than Weston McKennie has ever been or ever will be” 

Â