Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

31 minutes ago, Straggler said:

It's kind of surreal isn't it. It's so far removed from the days of Doug Ellis "accidentally dropping" his list of transfer targets for the media to see. Every name on that list was so far from reality you had to laugh.

Bonus Internet points for anyone that can remember the names on the list!

He had a transfer list!?

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I’m all with getting young players, but we’re not in a real hurry for that, either we get the right talent or Hermoso for free would be great. Eventually we’re selling Carlos/Mings so we can do it in another window.

I think Torres is younger than Konsa as well.

Pau is 27 I think 

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

So he’s been reading my insightful comments, just have to convince him of a centre back now 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Straggler said:

It's kind of surreal isn't it. It's so far removed from the days of Doug Ellis "accidentally dropping" his list of transfer targets for the media to see. Every name on that list was so far from reality you had to laugh.

Bonus Internet points for anyone that can remember the names on the list!

Surreal is the word. First time in my life that we, a giant of the game, have remembered exactly who we are. We are finally behaving like a big club.

39 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Only thing missing is a RCB along with those and we are ready to “rock and roll” like a true “Rocknrolla” going for the whole damn lot!!

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This in addition to what we've already done?

Assuming so, but I don’t know what article he’s quoting from.

14 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Might have lowered his value a bit today.😂

he got taken off after 35mins, against austria!?

4 hours ago, Awol said:

Incoming:
Hermoso - free

Kayode - €20M

Todibo -€25M

Fofana - €25M

Baena - €35-40M

German beer striker dude - €30M 

Total rebuild for €135-140M 

Outs:

Yes.

This!

Only without Baena. He is a good player but very similar to Buendia, plus we are stacked in the wide positions and no 10 now. Also that Maximillian Beier (who I like the sound of) can play left wing, no 10 / SS, or striker. Plus if we get in Fofana our midfield will be so stacked that we will have Tielemens and McGinn playing wide midfield / no 10 a lot. 

Basically we won't need Baena if we add that little lot to Barrenechea, Iling-Jr, Maatsen, and Dobbin.

So 100m euros or 85m in pounds.

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

This!

Only without Baena. He is a good player but very similar to Buendia, plus we are stacked in the wide positions and no 10 now. Also that Maximillian Beier (who I like the sound of) can play left wing, no 10 / SS, or striker. Plus if we get in Fofana our midfield will be so stacked that we will have Tielemens and McGinn playing wide midfield / no 10 a lot. 

Basically we won't need Baena if we add that little lot to Barrenechea, Iling-Jr, Maatsen, and Dobbin.

So 100m euros or 85m in pounds.

Makes me think of the classic boycott quote of add two wickets and see how happy you are then.

For us it’s add 2 ACL to two random players in the squad and see how happy you are then. 

Dont disagree with the jist if the post btw just made me think of the old grumpy arse for some reason. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Awol said:

We always pay players to sit on the bench, that what the squad is for. The point is to put players on it who are good enough to use! 

Outs: 

Sanson

Coutinho

Hause

Chambers

Cash

KKH

Duran 

Moreno

So I'd swap out Moreno for Digne. As with Hermoso we will have a defensive LB, and Maatsen is the all rounder, with Moreno the offensive LB. Plus saves 65k in wages per week.

I'd also add Carlos to that list.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villaglint said:

Makes me think of the classic boycott quote of add two wickets and see how happy you are then.

For us it’s add 2 ACL to two random players in the squad and see how happy you are then. 

Dont disagree with the jist if the post btw just made me think of the old grumpy arse for some reason. 

This is the thing Buendia should be ready for minutes in preseason, but will take at least till November to get any kind of form. Mings won't be ready for Jan, and the same with Kamara. So we need solid additions at LCB / DLB. And Fofana in addition to Barkley and Barrenechea as we have also sold Tim and Doug.

3 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Did we announce Kamara before his contract was officially over with Marseille? I can't remember.

Yep and Tielemans

25 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

he got taken off after 35mins, against austria!?

Less than 50% pass accuracy today and lost the ball 15 times in 33 minutes.

He has been awful in the Euros

• Shocked 1

Â