Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Did we announce Kamara before his contract was officially over with Marseille? I can't remember.

Yes. He was announced in May and it was stated he would be joining once his contract ran out at the end of June.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I think we will sign a younger aged centre back. I’m not saying Hermoso isn’t happening, nor am I convinced that it is. Ezri is our youngest first team centre back at 26 now. 

I’m all with getting young players, but we’re not in a real hurry for that, either we get the right talent or Hermoso for free would be great. Eventually we’re selling Carlos/Mings so we can do it in another window.

I think Torres is younger than Konsa as well.

23 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I think it's 1 year left now.

How come? Did we give him 3 years contract after his goal at Old Trafford or what? 😅

2 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I’m all with getting young players, but we’re not in a real hurry for that, either we get the right talent or Hermoso for free would be great. Eventually we’re selling Carlos/Mings so we can do it in another window.

I think Torres is younger than Konsa as well.

I do think a Diego replacement can be of any age, but Pau is 27 now. 

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

How long does Hause contract have? I remember signing him 3+1. That was 2019. Did we renew his contract? How long?

I think its his last year. I would guess its a pay off if he cant find a club by the end of the window.

21 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I think we will sign a younger aged centre back. I’m not saying Hermoso isn’t happening, nor am I convinced that it is. Ezri is our youngest first team centre back at 26 now. 

Amundsen-Day could step up and surprise… signed recently. 19 year old Norwegian CB.

38 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Amundsen-Day could step up and surprise… signed recently. 19 year old Norwegian CB.

Don't think he ever got a run out for Copenhagen did he? 

Wouldn't be expecting anything from him anytime soon. Likely scenario is another Finn Azaz type signing - loan him out until we can make a few mil on him later on down the line from a Championship club. 

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Don't think he ever got a run out for Copenhagen did he? 

Wouldn't be expecting anything from him anytime soon. Likely scenario is another Finn Azaz type signing - loan him out until we can make a few mil on him later on down the line from a Championship club. 

Not anytime soon but he could develop well and impress, put himself in contention. Maybe get on the bench eventually.

Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised if we signed one or two CBs (expecting Hermoso to join but there are alternatives) depending on who leaves. A right footed CB who is excellent in the air would be very welcome.

Wonder if there is anything at all in the Araujo rumour/link and if we would swap Carlos (and some funds) in that deal.

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Doubt he’d be interested and I wonder what sort of wages he would want but…

as far as an experienced (CL) player who can still contribute, and might be attainable (if Unai had a few words), there probably aren’t many better options in that regard. 

Someone to add that nous, knowledge and expertise to the younger players we have and “show them the way”.

Loan wouldn't  be the end of the world if we didn't  get a longer term replacement 

3 hours ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

I had sort of forgotten that we are now in a position to sign a player of Doug's standard, if not better, to replace him.

Feels very weird to be honest. I've never been in a position where my club can get in some genuine world beaters and it's something I'd like to get used to!

It's kind of surreal isn't it. It's so far removed from the days of Doug Ellis "accidentally dropping" his list of transfer targets for the media to see. Every name on that list was so far from reality you had to laugh.

Bonus Internet points for anyone that can remember the names on the list!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Not anytime soon but he could develop well and impress, put himself in contention. Maybe get on the bench eventually.

Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised if we signed one or two CBs (expecting Hermoso to join but there are alternatives) depending on who leaves. A right footed CB who is excellent in the air would be very welcome.

Wonder if there is anything at all in the Araujo rumour/link and if we would swap Carlos (and some funds) in that deal.

Much like Lino Sousa, I don't think he's signed to be a player for us if that makes sense. More just an asset to develop elsewhere and hopefully cash in on. 

3 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Loan wouldn't  be the end of the world if we didn't  get a longer term replacement 

A player like him doesn’t necessarily have to play regularly or replace anyone… but to bring in someone who has loads of experience of competing at the elite/top level of the game and winning honours… could be hugely beneficial to the other players and further elevate them. Add even more professionalism and higher standards… a proper example and leader to follow. Might be an even better captain or leader than McGinn (or to aid him) who has never played at that level before.

We are making a big step up… CL is quite the leap and Unai has said he doesn’t see it as “anecdotal” or a one-off, he wants to sustain it and be genuinely, regularly competitive.

As well as making the team/squad stronger in terms of quality and ability, we probably need more leaders and strong personalities… maybe? 

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Aren’t we selling him to Chelsea next year for £19 million?

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Much like Lino Sousa, I don't think he's signed to be a player for us if that makes sense. More just an asset to develop elsewhere and hopefully cash in on. 

You may well be right, it’s a wait and see really.

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

It’s a good point, we shouldn’t let a position be filled with older players as then they need replacing at the same time, good to have a mix

19 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Doubt he’d be interested and I wonder what sort of wages he would want but…

as far as an experienced (CL) player who can still contribute, and might be attainable (if Unai had a few words), there probably aren’t many better options in that regard. 

Someone to add that nous, knowledge and expertise to the younger players we have and “show them the way”.

Very very unlike for the reasons you’ve said, but if we could get someone of that ilk for a couple of yrs, would be an unbelievable signing. Like when Leicester signed Cambiasso

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Very very unlike for the reasons you’ve said, but if we could get someone of that ilk for a couple of yrs, would be an unbelievable signing. Like when Leicester signed Cambiasso

Could help take us to that next level or two…

can’t think of any comparable (or approaching realistic) options off the top of my head… any ideas?

Â