Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Hermoso link seems to have gone dead, would have been announced by now if we agreed.

Why? Hermoso hasn’t been announced as going anywhere else and as of next week he’s a free agent. 

He may end up going to Napoli (or somewhere else) but there’s at least an equal chance he comes to us. 

39 minutes ago, tyklip said:

Way too many mouths to feed if all these players came in. You'd be paying a lot of money for players to sit on the bench. 

We always pay players to sit on the bench, that what the squad is for. The point is to put players on it who are good enough to use! 

Outs: 

Sanson

Coutinho

Hause

Chambers

Cash

KKH

Duran 

Moreno

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Hermoso link seems to have gone dead, would have been announced by now if we agreed.

Lots might happen on 1st July onwards. I think Barkley and Hermoso will be announced, bot would be good additions for next to nothing. The only issue is shifting Carlos/Chambers/Hause and the possibility of Todibo.

6 minutes ago, Awol said:

Why? Hermoso hasn’t been announced as going anywhere else and as of next week he’s a free agent. 

He may end up going to Napoli (or somewhere else) but there’s at least an equal chance he comes to us. 

I don't know, just feel like we'd be hearing more about it if it was happening.  With Kamar and Tielemans we heard a lot before it was announced, this has gone quiet.

We need quality depth for the ECL. Positions where we could see additional incomings:

RB (Kayode), CB (Tobido), AM (Baena), CF (Beier).

We might also see a quality starting CM too.

Things I like about the moves we are making are:

• quality of depth is improved
  • young players with potential
  • versatility for multiple formations and in-game changes

Things that concern me:

• ensuring all these players get game time - some will be clear rotation options, others will expect to play every week
  • it's an excessive amount of turnover
  • player bonding and matching UE's expectations, will undoubtedly take time, especially with so many young players

image.thumb.png.bf67d1df200883cf860eb3c5f5d4d488.png

Edited by Tubby
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Awol said:

Incoming:
Hermoso - free

Kayode - €20M

Todibo -€25M

Fofana - €25M

Baena - €35-40M

German beer striker dude - €30M 

Total rebuild for €135-140M 

Outs:

Yes.

Would be a banging window... We are serious about challenging at the top again.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Lots might happen on 1st July onwards. I think Barkley and Hermoso will be announced, bot would be good additions for next to nothing. The only issue is shifting Carlos/Chambers/Hause and the possibility of Todibo.

How long does Hause contract have? I remember signing him 3+1. That was 2019. Did we renew his contract? How long?

10 minutes ago, Tubby said:

We need quality depth for the ECL. Positions where we could see additional incomings:

Things that concern me:

• ensuring all these players get game time - some will be clear rotation options, others will expect to play every week
  • player bonding and matching UE's expectations, will undoubtedly take time, especially with so many young players

Agree with everything you say except excessive squad turnover. I think we’ll use the bait of CL football to pack the squad with young talent and the odd older head to add balance - preferably free agents. Rabiot is another one I could see us going for if he can’t agree a new deal at Juve.

This is the best opportunity since promotion to fundamentally remake the squad, going for revolution instead of the evolution we’ve seen since then. Yes it will take some time to bed everyone in, but we’ll be much better for it. Key is doing most of the business as early as possible. 

9 minutes ago, Tubby said:

Things that concern me:

Player rotation issue is a fair point as Emery does seem to like to stick upon a settled team. Although I suppose he would argue that he didn't have the calibre of back up options to readily change line-ups game-to-game, as was exposed towards the end of the season. 

Big concern for me is the #2 GK issue. Martinez has started getting little niggles here and there and they usually get worse with age. I know we were linked with that random Brazilian guy the other week but until we see a few more GK links, I fear we might start next season with it still being Olson.

The fact Gauci wasn't even played in the dead rubber vs. Palace suggests to me he was signed to be a loan out, sell on kinda signing. 

4 minutes ago, Isa said:

Player rotation issue is a fair point as Emery does seem to like to stick upon a settled team. Although I suppose he would argue that he didn't have the calibre of back up options to readily change line-ups game-to-game, as was exposed towards the end of the season. 

Big concern for me is the #2 GK issue. Martinez has started getting little niggles here and there and they usually get worse with age. I know we were linked with that random Brazilian guy the other week but until we see a few more GK links, I fear we might start next season with it still being Olson.

The fact Gauci wasn't even played in the dead rubber vs. Palace suggests to me he was signed to be a loan out, sell on kinda signing. 

re: rotation. I think that is very much the case. Due to injuries, the players on the bench were often academy players, so these moves will ensure that the matchday squads (20 for PL, 23 for ECL) are full of impactful players.

As a minimum, the team will be playing 50 games next season: PL 38; ECL 8; FA Cup 1; League Cup 1. I can see rotation becoming a feature of UE's game planning.

7 minutes ago, Tubby said:

re: rotation. I think that is very much the case. Due to injuries, the players on the bench were often academy players, so these moves will ensure that the matchday squads (20 for PL, 23 for ECL) are full of impactful players.

As a minimum, the team will be playing 50 games next season: PL 38; ECL 8; FA Cup 1; League Cup 1. I can see rotation becoming a feature of UE's game planning.

Totally agree, rotation will increase as the quality of the replacements increase.

• Like 2

Tomorrow is the last Wednesday before June 30th, so the Juve transfers will probably all go through tomorrow surely?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

How long does Hause contract have? I remember signing him 3+1. That was 2019. Did we renew his contract? How long?

I think it's 1 year left now.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Barkley hasn't been " announced " either.

We're buying him though and I presume we're waiting until July to announce.  Hermoso is still under contract until 30th June so his contract can't begin until July 1st at the earliest, so would make no difference if announced now or later (for PSR purposes).

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Barkley hasn't been " announced " either.

Yeah but Barkley was “agreed to.” We knew it wouldn’t be formalized until beginning of July. There have been more links tying Hermoso to Napoli than to Villa.

I think we will sign a younger aged centre back. I’m not saying Hermoso isn’t happening, nor am I convinced that it is. Ezri is our youngest first team centre back at 26 now. 

Â