Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

29 minutes ago, burchy said:

I think we’ll see Digne move on to Saudi pretty sharpish, hopefully for a decent fee. 

I don’t. Saudi league don’t seem to spending as big, plus I think Digne wants to stay. Yes he’s on a lot of money, but he’s an experienced head to have around in a champions league squad, plus offers something different to Maatsen.

12 hours ago, burchy said:

It’s clear that we’re after a versatile RM, McKennie’s positioning was RM this last season, Matias Soule could be classed as a RM/RW and now linked with Brais Mendez. 

Cover for McGinn perhaps?

Don't think so. We have 6 players who can play RM without compromising our other positions too badly. Bailey, Diaby, Mcginn, JJ, Buendia plus we could probably try Iling-Junior there too

We were probably interested in Soule over Iling and mendez is a talented player but Spanish media make shit up all the time. 

10 hours ago, paul514 said:

As he is one of the most expensive players in his position in the world…… I would think so

Never heard of him or seen him play until last night.

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Never heard of him or seen him play until last night.

You've never heard of Bastoni?  He's probably one of the best centreback sin the world?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

You've never heard of Bastoni?  He's probably one of the best centreback sin the world?

I know mate I definitely need to get out more.

• Haha 2

Manure linked to Ugarte… can we beat them to it?

Or is Barrenechea our guy now, the DM until Bouba returns at least?

I’d like more depth but we need to be savvy and manage funds, maybe a loan deal or two?

Spend more on priority positions, like a Dougie replacement and an attacking upgrade?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

Now that the PSR stuff is done, any idea who our "big" signings could be?

Baena & Hermoso maybe.

• Like 1

You should buy Kephrem Thuram. He is a top midfielder. And a bargain: his contract ends in 2025 and now costs 25m. Perfect replacement for Douglas Luiz. 

• Like 3

Hermoso and Fofana are my most wanted this window, and pretty sure they were last one too. 

Their season's have just convinced me that they're the best realistic options we can look at in their respective positions. Obviously would love Nico Williams, but not sure he's leaving Bilbao and probably a little outside oyr salary range.

• Like 3

I had sort of forgotten that we are now in a position to sign a player of Doug's standard, if not better, to replace him.

Feels very weird to be honest. I've never been in a position where my club can get in some genuine world beaters and it's something I'd like to get used to!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

Now that the PSR stuff is done, any idea who our "big" signings could be?

Incoming:
Hermoso - free

Kayode - €20M

Todibo -€25M

Fofana - €25M

Baena - €35-40M

German beer striker dude - €30M 

Total rebuild for €135-140M 

Outs:

Yes.

Edited by Awol
Ridiculous mathmetics
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Awol said:

Incoming:
Hermoso - free

Kayode - €20M

Todibo -€25M

Fofana - €25M

Baena - €35-40M

German beer striker dude - €30M 

Total rebuild for €140-145M 

Outs:

Yes.

Way too many mouths to feed if all these players came in. You'd be paying a lot of money for players to sit on the bench. 

50 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Manure linked to Ugarte… can we beat them to it?

Or is Barrenechea our guy now, the DM until Bouba returns at least?

I’d like more depth but we need to be savvy and manage funds, maybe a loan deal or two?

Spend more on priority positions, like a Dougie replacement and an attacking upgrade?

I think Fofana would be perfect, him and Tielemans for the easier games while when we need to defend him and Enzo. Until Kamara is back.

4 hours ago, burchy said:

I think we’ll see Digne move on to Saudi pretty sharpish, hopefully for a decent fee. 

Digne will be staying I anticipate. He’s earned the right the play CL football with us and Unai trusts him. 

Â